manicure monday: sleek sticks

02/04/2013 31 Comments

manicure monday: sleek sticks

02/04/2013 31 Comments
Essie sleek stick
{ Art Deco Beaded Clutch c/o BHLDN}

Essie is one of my favorite beauty brands. Even before their pretty polishes started showing up on my drugstore’s shelves, I searched the sale bins for marked down bottles at specialty stores. I love their highly pigmented colors, and I can make an all-Essie manicure last at least a week.

So when I spotted a glossy ad for Essie Sleek Sticks in a magazine a few months ago, my heart pitter-pattered. I didn’t know where to find them, so I filed it away in my mental wish list and went about my business.

Essie Sleek Sticks
{seriously, how’s a girl supposed to choose?!}

Late last week, while cruising Walgreens for toothpaste and deodorant for the mister, I breezed down the beauty aisle and there they were!! I wanted. them. all. I stood, mouth agape, for a good five minutes trying to decide which pattern to buy. As if it was a permanent and unalterable choice. Weirdo.

One agonizing decision and about $11 later, I was on my way. Like other polish strips, application was easy breezy and took about five minutes start-to-finish {and no dry time, FTW!}.

Essie sleek stick 2
{ Essie Sleek Sticks in “Glam it On” }

• sararmoire 02/18/2013 at 5:52 pm

Glam it on is amazing <3

• missy19650 02/06/2013 at 7:26 pm

OMG Would so want these!

• Just Another Girl:) 02/06/2013 at 5:04 pm

Reblogged this on Just Another Girl :).

• Michelle and Cece 02/05/2013 at 6:44 pm

Obsessed with these nails…. I must have! Also love the clutch!!!

CeCe @ 2mommieswithstyle.com

• kittehluvs 02/05/2013 at 2:41 pm

the nails are awesome but I want to steal the beaded clutch! WANT!

• The Little Bit 02/05/2013 at 1:55 pm

These look awesome! So, are they the color and the design or do you have to paint and then the design is an applique for over your paint? Clearly, I’ve been in a box. No, really… if my house was a box, I’d say I’ve been in a box for about 8 months. Shew! Time to get back out there!

• keiralennox 02/05/2013 at 3:15 pm

It’s one-and-done, Kim! No base or top coat required. In fact, a top coat will make the strips shrivel (speaks from experience).

• BegümGnd 02/05/2013 at 12:07 pm

I love love to love you :)

• lalovesblog 02/05/2013 at 10:37 am

These are awesome! Can’t wait to pick up my set! Love the clutch too, beautiful!
    ~Lauren

• Little Slice of Heaven 02/05/2013 at 9:24 am

Such cute designs. Thank you for sharing. I might just have to drive down to Walgreens and choose one too. Or three. :)

• ingridbistaco 02/05/2013 at 7:47 am

wow
    really loved it!! inspired me for my next nail polish!! :D

• auburnskull 02/05/2013 at 4:39 am

I love it! your nails look great

• girlwithaskillet 02/05/2013 at 2:41 am

They look great! I may have to give these a try…I’m a die hard fan of a gel manicure, but I would be willing to give those a go.

• amandasliew 02/04/2013 at 10:51 pm

They are beautiful! How long do they stay on? I’m always worried that they won’t fit my nail beds correctly, either! Let us know how things turn out, though.

• Ashley 02/04/2013 at 10:39 pm

Gorgeous nails, lady! Now I feel the need to run out and and try the Sleek Sticks!

• Chloe Moon 02/04/2013 at 10:27 pm

I didn’t know about these?!?!? I love any Essie polish because your totally right, it lasts a very long time and has such deep beautiful colors! I have to check out Walgreens for these!!! =)

• keiralennox 02/05/2013 at 3:16 pm

I think they just came out last month, so they’re still pretty new. Let me know which pattern you choose!

• sarahfrom5to7 02/04/2013 at 8:04 pm

Matchy Matchy! Bag and nails look so cute together!

• boxnoire 02/04/2013 at 6:59 pm

Love the colour AND the clutch x

• Margarita (CupcakeCardio.com) 02/04/2013 at 6:43 pm

I love Essie and I love them even more now that they’re not salon only. It’s been that way for a few years but I remember having to buy them from the nail salon along with OPI (which even Publix sells now!).
    I know the closest one is 30 minutes away from Winter Haven but Target has the entire line of polishes and strips.: ) I can’t leave without buying one. It’s dangerous.

• keiralennox 02/04/2013 at 7:20 pm

Oh man, Target is my kryptonite. I’m actually grateful that we don’t have one in town yet. I can’t make it out of there without a tee/sweater/scarf/bag/lipgloss/stationery. It’s trouble!

• polkadottango 02/04/2013 at 6:25 pm

Love how glamorous these are! Great for a rookie manicurist like myself! Thanks for sharing. :)

• keiralennox 02/04/2013 at 7:18 pm

Perfect for a rookie! Pretty foolproof, and it will look like you have major manicure skills ;-)

• bissingerschocolate 02/04/2013 at 5:48 pm

I was eyeing the “Over the Moon” ones in a magazine recently. They look great! They should last about 3 days as a florist huh? :)

• Chaya & Sara 02/04/2013 at 5:45 pm

love it. picked this color too!

• CatillaBoutique 02/04/2013 at 5:38 pm

I like this post. I just had a manicure and used Essie’s Lavender color. The color is so pretty and delicate.

• keiralennox 02/04/2013 at 5:38 pm

Ooooh, I love lavender nails for spring! :-)

• Must Have Boxes 02/04/2013 at 5:37 pm

These are gorgeous! I love silver nails.

– KW