recharged

IMG_8178Last Saturday, I skipped out of the shop at noon on the dot. It was a beautiful afternoon, my schedule was clear, and I was on a mission: to make it to the Lakeland Farmers Curb Market before it ended at 2:00, get my hands on some beignets from The Poor Porker, do a little thrifting {which I haven’t done in ages}, and stop in Marshall’s to find a few inexpensive dresses for work because by March it will be too hot to wear anything else.

You guys, it was just the loveliest. An entire day to myself: puttering around town on a powdered sugar high, taking my sweet time picking through every pair of designer jeans at the Goodwill, taking mental notes of cute outfits — you Lakeland girls have some serious style! — and walking up and down each aisle at Hobby Lobby in search of studs for my denim jacket (sadly, no dice). I shopped ’til I dropped, but at the end of it all I felt so… rejuvenated. Sometimes a girl just needs a little distraction-free “me time” to recharge her batteries, you know?

The spoils of the day included a pair of Joe’s jeans scored at Goodwill for $10, Gap denim cut-offs scooped up for $3, four cute and comfy day dresses from Marshall’s, and a pair of LC Lauren Conrad polka dot jeggings spotted (pun intended?) on my last stop at Kohl’s  — all purchased under my February shopping budget of $100; huzzah.

{ Wearing: Romeo & Juliet Couture dress (Marshall’s sale, $20) and bag (Hautelook, $35); Hue purple tights; Daniel Wellington watch }

1. katiewilk1 wrote:

Reblogged this on katiewilkinson13 and commented:
    love this dress

Posted 3.20.13 Reply
  2. Sara Kent wrote:

Go you for sticking to your budget! It’s the kind of thing that is SO easier said than done! But it can be accomplished, especially if you are creative and thrifty!

Plus Saturday shopping excursions always go better when powered by beignets and chicory coffee! :)

Posted 2.27.13 Reply
  3. I love that you chose to pair the dress with coloured stockings. Very cute!

A new post on Oscar’s Worst Dressed is up on Local & Opulent, and it’s not pretty!

Posted 2.26.13 Reply
  4. peggy wrote:

great deals and I agree some shopping does revive – it’s nice to just take your time and not have to feel rushed! Yay for you!

Posted 2.26.13 Reply
  5. megbenj wrote:

I totally agree – there is nothing more calming to me knowing I can go poke around at thrift stores etc and not have to be anywhere at a certain time. Ahhhhh :) Glad you got to recharge!

Posted 2.26.13 Reply
  6. I set a budget for myself, but it never works out! You inspired me to try harder! Love your blog!

Posted 2.26.13 Reply
  7. thaismani wrote:

Hello, your blog is beautiful, very cool! If you can, visit mine too: http://whysofashion.wordpress.com/

Posted 2.26.13 Reply
  8. Xiomara @ Parkesdale wrote:

So glad you made it to the poor porker! They are such an amazing couple and their beignets are out of this world. I’ll have to heck out those shops in Lakeland. Have you heard of Hattie’s Branches?

Posted 2.25.13 Reply
  9. Dreams wrote:

Wow you really shop on a budget! How inspiring!

Posted 2.25.13 Reply
  10. Jess {The In-Between} wrote:

Congrats on both pampering yourself annddddd sticking to your budget!
    You rock my dear.

Posted 2.25.13 Reply
  11. Oh sounds like you really enjoyed it, I’m glad dear! Love the burgundy tights, really feminine!
    Cee. ♥

Posted 2.25.13 Reply
  12. E. wrote:

I never have the patience to sort through messy racks at thrift stores, but you give me hope! Thank you for sharing :)

Posted 2.25.13 Reply
  13. amy wrote:

glad you had a you day

Posted 2.25.13 Reply
  14. shannon wrote:

Sounds like such a wonderfully relaxing day! You deserve it. :)

Posted 2.25.13 Reply
  15. Posted 2.25.13 Reply
  16. i adore all of those stores! such cute, fashionable items inexpensively priced! how can you go wrong!?

Posted 2.25.13 Reply
  17. Yes I know too :)

Posted 2.25.13 Reply
  18. Love your bag! <3
    Nice outfit!

Posted 2.25.13 Reply

@keiralennox

• Our blooming crepe myrtle + pink sunset skies. 💕
She was just a little baby tree when we planted her by our front window 13 summers ago, and now she’s as tall as the roof! #crepemyrtle #ihavethisthingwithpink #acolorstory #summernights
  • To file under Unexpected Wardrobe Staples: a snake print duster; I found this one at @topbuttons last month and put it in my #30x30remix as a wildcard. I wore it for the first time yesterday, and now I’m totally on-board the kimono/duster/light-and-easy-layering-layering-piece train! #ootd #instastyle #whatiwore #shoplocal
  • Hey, girl! 👋🏻 We have a handful of these hand-painted face vases available at @lasaterflowers that are perfect for fresh flowers, succulents, or even a catch-all bowl for keys and hair ties. (We all have one of those somewhere in our home; it may as well be cute. 😉) #floraldesign #shopsmall #summerblooms #flashesofdelight
  • I jumped on board with @kendieveryday’s #30x30remix! For the next month, I’ll mix-and-match 30 pieces from my wardrobe into 30 weekday outfits and share them in weekly roundups on the blog.

My first week of remixed outfits + my thoughts on the challenge are in today’s post at keiralennox.com. 👖
#capsulewardrobe #instastyle #ootd
  • Back to work after a relaxing weekend! But with *zero* tan to show for it; I’m never not fully-shaded and SPF’ed, wearing a giant sun hat and some kind of mumu situation on a beach.
☀️😂 👵🏼