recharged

02/25/2013 18 Comments

recharged

02/25/2013 18 Comments

IMG_8178Last Saturday, I skipped out of the shop at noon on the dot. It was a beautiful afternoon, my schedule was clear, and I was on a mission: to make it to the Lakeland Farmers Curb Market before it ended at 2:00, get my hands on some beignets from The Poor Porker, do a little thrifting {which I haven’t done in ages}, and stop in Marshall’s to find a few inexpensive dresses for work because by March it will be too hot to wear anything else.

You guys, it was just the loveliest. An entire day to myself: puttering around town on a powdered sugar high, taking my sweet time picking through every pair of designer jeans at the Goodwill, taking mental notes of cute outfits — you Lakeland girls have some serious style! — and walking up and down each aisle at Hobby Lobby in search of studs for my denim jacket (sadly, no dice). I shopped ’til I dropped, but at the end of it all I felt so… rejuvenated. Sometimes a girl just needs a little distraction-free “me time” to recharge her batteries, you know?

The spoils of the day included a pair of Joe’s jeans scored at Goodwill for $10, Gap denim cut-offs scooped up for $3, four cute and comfy day dresses from Marshall’s, and a pair of LC Lauren Conrad polka dot jeggings spotted (pun intended?) on my last stop at Kohl’s  — all purchased under my February shopping budget of $100; huzzah.

{ Wearing: Romeo & Juliet Couture dress (Marshall’s sale, $20) and bag (Hautelook, $35); Hue purple tights; Daniel Wellington watch }

• katiewilk1 03/20/2013 at 7:52 am

Reblogged this on katiewilkinson13 and commented:
    love this dress

• Sara Kent 02/27/2013 at 4:52 pm

Go you for sticking to your budget! It’s the kind of thing that is SO easier said than done! But it can be accomplished, especially if you are creative and thrifty!

Plus Saturday shopping excursions always go better when powered by beignets and chicory coffee! :)

• Local and Opulent 02/26/2013 at 12:39 pm

I love that you chose to pair the dress with coloured stockings. Very cute!

A new post on Oscar’s Worst Dressed is up on Local & Opulent, and it’s not pretty!

• peggy 02/26/2013 at 11:49 am

great deals and I agree some shopping does revive – it’s nice to just take your time and not have to feel rushed! Yay for you!

• megbenj 02/26/2013 at 8:14 am

I totally agree – there is nothing more calming to me knowing I can go poke around at thrift stores etc and not have to be anywhere at a certain time. Ahhhhh :) Glad you got to recharge!

• melissajplum 02/26/2013 at 8:11 am

I set a budget for myself, but it never works out! You inspired me to try harder! Love your blog!

• thaismani 02/26/2013 at 7:59 am

Hello, your blog is beautiful, very cool! If you can, visit mine too: http://whysofashion.wordpress.com/

• Xiomara @ Parkesdale 02/25/2013 at 7:59 pm

So glad you made it to the poor porker! They are such an amazing couple and their beignets are out of this world. I’ll have to heck out those shops in Lakeland. Have you heard of Hattie’s Branches?

• Dreams 02/25/2013 at 7:08 pm

Wow you really shop on a budget! How inspiring!

• Jess {The In-Between} 02/25/2013 at 5:42 pm

Congrats on both pampering yourself annddddd sticking to your budget!
    You rock my dear.

• Code Overdressed (@CodeOverdressed) 02/25/2013 at 5:41 pm

Oh sounds like you really enjoyed it, I’m glad dear! Love the burgundy tights, really feminine!
    Cee. ♥

• E. 02/25/2013 at 5:40 pm

I never have the patience to sort through messy racks at thrift stores, but you give me hope! Thank you for sharing :)

• amy 02/25/2013 at 5:24 pm

glad you had a you day

• shannon 02/25/2013 at 5:10 pm

Sounds like such a wonderfully relaxing day! You deserve it. :)

• thestylescroll 02/25/2013 at 4:47 pm
  • smilingaswespeak 02/25/2013 at 4:44 pm

i adore all of those stores! such cute, fashionable items inexpensively priced! how can you go wrong!?

• everydayinadress 02/25/2013 at 4:40 pm