tuesday.

I’m a little short on words today. It probably has something to do with coming down off that big ol’ banana pudding cupcake. Yep, that’s what I said. Banana. Pudding. Cupcake.

I bought it at a new cupcake shop last night in a moment of weakness {and maybe three others, too, but who’s counting} and it made its way to work with me this morning. I hid it — from myself — in the break room, and spotted it when I went in there to get paper towels or a cup or something. So I brought it back to my desk. Just to look at it. Maybe smell it. Taste a teeny tiny bit of the yellow frosting sitting underneath the vanilla wafer that topped it off? But that’s it.

Now half of it is missing. There are crumbs on my keyboard, and my belly hurts. And I have all the foggy-headed mental incompetence of a real good sugar coma.

I am powerless against baked goods.

I need a nap.

1. Mega wrote:

Love your pants! I have a very similar pair and have found them so much fun to wear.

Mega

Posted 3.4.13 Reply
  2. Jupe wrote:

Aw, such a cute puppy! And such cute polka dot skinnies :)

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

Posted 3.3.13 Reply
  3. lyddiegal wrote:

I’m not sure what I love more, your adorable polka dot pants, or your adorable dog!

Posted 3.1.13 Reply
  4. Pretty. I need some sugar rush now. Weee yikes.

Posted 2.28.13 Reply
  5. i’m in love with your pois trousers, they’re so lovely!
    Here’s the link of my fashion blog http://kamaleonoire.wordpress.com if you want to spend I’d like. Thanks a lot!

Posted 2.28.13 Reply
  6. you look so cute

Posted 2.27.13 Reply
  7. I’m gonna need a picture/sample, of this cupcake. ;)

Posted 2.27.13 Reply
    • Trust me, it’s best that you never taste it. It will haunt your dreams ;-)

Posted 2.27.13 Reply
  8. I would love to know where your sandals are from. They are so cute!

Posted 2.27.13 Reply
    • Thank you! They’re Sam Edelman’s from a few years ago. I bought them on Hautelook, and I’ve worn them almost to death!

9. Valerie wrote:

Don’t think of it as a moment of weakness. Think of it as supporting another local business! (Bakeries are definitely easy to support, aren’t they?)

Posted 2.27.13 Reply
    • Too easy, Valerie! And I like your thinking ;-)

Posted 2.27.13 Reply
  10. Your puppy is the sweetest thing!

A new outfit post is up on Local & Opulent.

11. ga2fl wrote:

Loving the jeans and blouse combo! The cupcake sounds amazing!!

Posted 2.27.13 Reply
  12. Your pup is adorbs!! Loving your polka dotted jeans!
    ~Lauren

Posted 2.27.13 Reply
  13. Your pet is adorable!! Love your outfit too. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers!

14. Vanessa wrote:

I am really loving your pants! Anything polka dot is instantly amazing :)

15. Elli Agars wrote:

I am in that exact sugar coma right now after indulging at lunch time. Ahhh the inevitable come down. But seriously, banana pudding cupcakes sound like the best blend of two of my favourite things: banana bread and cupcakes! Also you look absolutely stunning :)
    Elli x x

16. Brynn wrote:

That cupcake sounds phenomenal…yummm…

Your outfit is adorable. I love your jeans and scarf. I’ve seen many bloggers wearing polka dot jeans, but these are the first pair that I’ve really actually liked! You styled it so simply, but it looks great.

theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

Posted 2.26.13 Reply
    • Thanks, Brynn! I’ve seen lots of bloggers wearing the Madewell polka dot jeggings, and I kind of secretly loved them but didn’t want to pay $90 for them. So I was pretty excited to find these LC Lauren Conrad pencil jeans on sale at Kohl’s over the weekend! They were around $35, and they’re really comfy and have just enough stretch to hold their shape all day. I can’t find them online, but there was a whole rack of them at my local store. They’re from the new spring collection, so they should have a pretty good stock!

17. Omg. Banana pudding cupcake? Where has THAT been all my life???? Kat

Posted 2.26.13 Reply
  18. Reblogged this on ollie samy photography.

Posted 2.26.13 Reply
  19. Yummy and YOLO!

Posted 2.26.13 Reply
  20. Ania wrote:

“Earth laughs in flowers” LOVE it! Ania @ 2lovebirdsblog

Posted 2.26.13 Reply
  21. nchanel wrote:

your hair is so lovely! It looks so healthy. What do you do?

Posted 2.26.13 Reply
    • That’s so sweet, thank you! I’m hoping to put together a post about this soon; I’ve had several questions about my fave products.

@keiralennox

• Some days I have my sh*t together; some days I have to get ready to go out to dinner on my office floor with a mirror propped against the wall.
  • Can’t make a downtown Bartow delivery without popping into @rafanatural’s beautiful shop to restock my coconut bar soap stash; ‘Relaxation’ for me, ‘Sandalwood’ for the husband. 🛁 #shopsmall #shoplocal #rafanatural
  • #mondaymotivation courtesy of this neighborhood truck on our morning walk. 😉
  • Doakie’s got those Friday feels. ☺️💕 #dogsofig #tgif #instagood
  • New motivational reads for my #werk stack, inspired by @larsbookclub. These are my favorite kinds of books to enjoy and then share with friends and my flower shop team. 💕 #bookstagram #larsbookclub #booksofig #goodreads #joyful
  • Busy days are our favorite days. 💕 Kicking our feet up after a long day and feeling so grateful for our special clients who trust us to help them ‘say it with flowers’ for all kinds of occasions. #shoplocal #shopsmall #floristlife