what’s in an evening bag?

03/03/2013 15 Comments

what’s in an evening bag?

03/03/2013 15 Comments

BHLDN Beaded Deco Clutch

I’ve never been much of a collector. Polly Pockets, maybe, when I was in elementary school? Which, by the way, speaks volumes about my responsibility; do you know how difficult it is to keep track of Polly, her diminutive friends and pets, and all those teeny accessories?! It must’ve worn me out, because I haven’t collected much since.

But if there’s one thing that draws me in like a magpie to a sack of sequins, it’s a great evening bag. Over the years, I’ve accumulated a sizable stock of clutches in all shapes and sizes, and they carry more sentimental value than any other item in my closet. Memories of romantic date nights, concerts, fun girls nights out, friends’ weddings, and holiday parties are tucked into those tiny bags right next to the tubes of lipstick, peppermints, bar receipts and ticket stubs. I love scouring thrift stores and antique shops for vintage eel skins, beaded beauties, fancy miniaudieres, and tooled leather.

When BHLDN sent me their Deco Beaded Clutch, I was thrilled to add it to my collection. The silver sunburst design has all the charm of a vintage silk evening bag, with beautiful quality that I know I’ll enjoy for many years to come!

I have big plans for this little sparkler this season: Pairing it with jeans and a simple tee for a casual night out, wearing it with a cocktail dress and sky-high heels for a special occasion, and slinging it on as a cross-body over a pretty day dress with flats.

Thank you BHLDN!

This post sponsored by BHLDN. I received material compensation for this post, but all opinions are my own. Check out their beautiful selection of shoes, clutches, and accessories!

• apaklos 03/12/2013 at 12:51 am

Reblogged this on The Accessory Fairy and commented:
    LOVE this clutch from one of my favorite bloggers, A Pretty Penny, check her out tons of great ideas and accessories!

• withluckblog 03/05/2013 at 1:51 pm

I love using clutches but I hate holding them all night! I have a whole bunch of them but I’ve become really picky about where I bring them. This one is gorgeous!
    Jenn
    With Luck

• keiralennox 03/05/2013 at 1:57 pm

I hate holding on to them, too, especially after a couple of cocktails ;-) I always looks for clutches with detachable chains so I can go hands-free, too. This one comes with a chain!

• Lindsay L Simon 03/04/2013 at 7:53 pm

Gorgeous clutch and I loved reading this post xoxo

• amy 03/04/2013 at 4:55 pm

beautiful clutch

• Nine Cent Girl 03/04/2013 at 10:57 am

Love the sparkle! You have inspired me to break away from my everyday bag!!

• lalovesblog 03/04/2013 at 10:54 am

I’ve said it before and ill say it again…I LOVE that clutch!! :)
    ~Lauren

• Local and Opulent 03/04/2013 at 9:13 am

There is nothing more beautiful than a great evening bag!

A new post is up on Local & Opulent – margaritas, furry stoles and finding a little slice of Paris in downtown Toronto.

• thaismani 03/04/2013 at 8:42 am

Hello, i love your blog, if you can, visit mine too! http://whysofashion.wordpress.com/ :3

• Kathryn 03/04/2013 at 12:12 am

That’s gorgeous :)

• A Resplendent Resurgence 03/03/2013 at 10:02 pm

Gorgeous. I’m a sucker for them, too!

• kittehluvs 03/03/2013 at 6:58 pm

Such a beautiful bag! !!

• Rachel 03/03/2013 at 6:36 pm

Reblogged this on Beautification.

• Chloe Moon 03/03/2013 at 6:32 pm

Now that’s a evening clutch!! Wow, it’s pretty!! =)