late adopter: neon skinnies

03/13/2013 38 Comments

late adopter: neon skinnies

03/13/2013 38 Comments

Okay, so I’m a little late to the neon party. In my marketing 101 classes, they called consumers like me late adopters. Simply put: we’re not exactly the first in line to buy the next big thing. Case in point: I didn’t have an iPad until about two weeks ago, when my hip (and somehow surpassing me in technology lately?) parents surprised me with one and brought me into the 21st century.

In the case of florescent apparel, I figure I met my lifetime quota of day-glo outfits by around 1996. Once again, it took an act of major clearance to get me to jump on the trend train.

Last weekend, I was on the prowl for swimsuits for a special girl’s trip next month. {Sidebar: swimsuit shopping is just the worst kind of torture.} My hunting led me to Marshall’s, Target, and later to Kohl’s, where I’m powerless against the pull of the seductive 70% off racks. I found these soft stretch ankle skinnies in bright lime green and soft baby blue for $14.50 each and scooped up both pair.

Wearing: LOFT tee, Simply Vera Vera Wang ankle skinnies, vintage necklace (m.marie), Seychelles gold Vulture pump and Romeo & Juliet Couture bag (both via Hautelook

• missy19650 04/18/2013 at 7:17 pm

I love skinny jeans

• StyleTrader 03/28/2013 at 1:45 pm

I am also a bit late with my neon skinnies I discovered only a month ago. Here where I live though, I was the first to challenge them! I teamed it up with a leopard print tee and got so many compliments!

• StyleTrader 03/28/2013 at 1:45 pm

• abbyabbyabbyy 03/25/2013 at 8:02 pm

You look great! I love neon pants! I have a pair from the Gap and it took a huge clearance to get me to buy a pair too! ha!

• Afrophire 03/23/2013 at 1:05 pm

Love your outfit and your bag is everything… Great for Spring. I think it’s great that your parents bought you an iPad, lol.

• Blush, Bows, & Tangelos 03/21/2013 at 10:51 am

Love everything about this outfit!!! This makes me so happy that it’s finally spring!!!

XO,
    Haley

• keiralennox 03/22/2013 at 10:22 pm

So sweet, Haley! Spring is my favorite, too. I love the prints and colors :-)

• The Coyote Thistle 03/20/2013 at 12:18 pm

Lovin the striped shirt and that bag is amazing!!

• Girl and Closet (@girlandcloset) 03/18/2013 at 10:09 pm

Adore the jeans on you! So pretty with the striped top, and I’m hoping to finally add coloured jeans to my wardrobe this spring. I’m definitley late to that party!! ;)

• Nine Cent Girl 03/18/2013 at 9:30 pm

Great title, late adopter, I love it! I am super late half the time, and I find, if you are late enough, you end up being early!!

• Kat 03/17/2013 at 6:15 pm

At a price like that I’d say it’s worth it to hop on the trend train a little late :-)

• Weesha 03/17/2013 at 11:34 am

I just jumped on board the neon skinnies bandwagon too, you’re not alone! You look gorgeous, love the jeans and the bag x

• odettecarrier 03/16/2013 at 2:38 am

I’m still deciding on the whole coloured jeans looks so I’m really far behind! Think I’ll just stick to my all round multi tasking black skinnies :)

• keiralennox 03/22/2013 at 10:36 pm

You can’t go wrong with classic black skinnies!

• ChicLush 03/14/2013 at 7:20 pm

Loving your blog! Please also check out mine if you have the chance :). http://thechiclush.com/ Thanks!

• Jessica 03/14/2013 at 6:16 pm

Love the neon skinnies! I’m a late adopter too. I only just recently got a bright pink skinny jeans and got a lot of compliments on them already.. planning to buy blue and green ones soon!

• keiralennox 03/22/2013 at 10:37 pm

Once you take the leap, there’s no going back ;-)

• lollclarke 03/14/2013 at 2:47 pm

Beautiful outfit;)xo

• kelsey 03/14/2013 at 2:24 pm

gorgeous pants!
    kw ladies in navy

• aiyanajane 03/14/2013 at 1:27 pm

love the stripes and the neons.. but what i’m really loving are the accessories
    the statement necklace, and that BAG. unf.

• Cowboys and Crossbones 03/14/2013 at 12:24 pm

Looking fabulous, even if you are a late adopter!

• Local and Opulent 03/14/2013 at 12:17 pm

They look great on you! Love the colour you chose!

A new post is up on Local & Opulent and I have shoes on the brain! Seriously, who doesn’t love shoes. This collection would have Carrie Bradshaw drooling!

• certifieddrea 03/14/2013 at 11:17 am

i love the neon and the fact that you tone it down with the top makes it work for you. love the bag. good choices :)

• lalovesblog 03/14/2013 at 10:50 am

I love the neon trend.. Although I also did wear a lot of it in my childhood as well. My dad made me wear the brightest ski coats,”so he could spot us”. Haha!
    ~Lauren

• keiralennox 03/22/2013 at 10:43 pm

This made me laugh!! I remember when I was little, any time we went on vacation or to a theme park my family made me wear neon so they could easily spot me, “just in case.”

• mystylesecretsblog 03/14/2013 at 3:09 am

Very classy ! I like it.

• shannon 03/14/2013 at 2:13 am

LOVE the skinnies on you!

• bowtalks 03/14/2013 at 1:34 am

love the bright colours

• Sam Birdy 03/14/2013 at 12:14 am

The whole late adopter thing is definitely me! The neon skinnies look great on you, I think I’m going to have to give them a try for myself :)

• keiralennox 03/22/2013 at 10:44 pm

Finding a piece I’m unsure of on clearance is always a good way for me to dip my toes in the trend water ;-)

• msmoneypennies 03/13/2013 at 11:10 pm

Love them! I’m having a hard time embracing the neons again too. They look fab on you!

• sunnywithasideof 03/13/2013 at 10:53 pm

I think I’m going to be a very late adopter with neon, I’m still trying to convince myself to try animal print and florals!! Lovely outfit, as always… you look great!!

Have a great day,
    Christy
    Sunnywithasideof…

• keiralennox 03/22/2013 at 10:46 pm

You’ve gotta get some leopard print in your life, at least!! ;-) Maybe start with a cute clutch, scarf or pair of shoes that you can add to a basic outfit to get comfortable with the idea of prints?

• Alexandria Adair Vasquez 03/13/2013 at 9:44 pm

Late adopter! That completely describes me!

• Miss Chris 03/13/2013 at 8:54 pm

Very springy cute look!

please check out my style blog at http://likeitloveitlustit.wordpress.com/ :)

• xxcsg 03/13/2013 at 8:20 pm

We did about consumer categories and everyone started to call me a laggard in each class, meanies! Neon looks amazing on you :) x

• maddya 03/13/2013 at 7:59 pm

Never too late, looks lovely.