ladies who lunch

It’s funny that just a few short years ago, this would be an everyday outfit for me, but now it feels fancy. When your day-to-day style revolves around jeans and flats, a day that includes a skirt made of anything besides cotton and heels is a chichi affair.

This morning, I reached into the unchartered depths of my closet to pull together an outfit for an annual ladies’ luncheon for our community college foundation. This year, the keynote was a motivational speaker who shared helpful insights about being better listeners, building up others through kindess and praise, and focusing on relationships to improve our businesses and community. The big takeaway was this: “People reach out to people who reach out.” Good, right?

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go soak my feet. It’s been a long time since I suffered through 8 hours in heels!

{Wearing: Target striped sweater; 212 Collection skirt (Kohl’s clearance); Nine West pumps; Daniel Wellington watch; Romeo & Juliet Couture bag (Hautelook)}

1. Loved your skirt! Beautiful.

Posted 4.3.13 Reply
  2. Loving the stripe top with printed skirt! Just gave me some outfit inspiration. Thank for sharing! :)

Posted 4.2.13 Reply
  3. I adore these prints! gorgeous together! xoxo

Posted 4.2.13 Reply
  4. AlwaysMe1 wrote:

LOVE this outfit, very nicely put together. I would love to be able to wear something to work other than jeans and t-shirts (I work with kids), so I know what you mean about feeling dressed up the minute you put on something nice.

Posted 3.31.13 Reply
  5. Emily wrote:

Love the necklace! Who makes it?

Posted 3.30.13 Reply
    • Thanks Emily! I found it at an outlet store last year. I think it may be Monet?

Posted 3.31.13 Reply
  6. How gorgeous is the texture on that bag!? Love x

Posted 3.27.13 Reply
  7. Beautiful mix of prints!

Posted 3.25.13 Reply
  8. jentine wrote:

Love it. Though I feel the opposite about myself and dressing up. I used to be so scared to overdress so I always opted casual but now I just embrace the over the top:) Except of course when I am working:)

Posted 3.25.13 Reply
    • Well now some of the magic is gone, because I always secretly wished that you landscaped in vintage sequins… ;-)

I love your love of fancy. I need more glitz in my life.

Posted 3.26.13 Reply
  9. Ericka wrote:

I love how the Skirt and the Pumps made a perfect combination. And they both great with the Romeo & Juliet Couture bag! They’re ‘reaching out’ with each other to give you a fancy feeling.

Posted 3.25.13 Reply
  10. Im glad that you felt fancy! We all need to feel that way sometimes.

Posted 3.25.13 Reply
  11. Jupe wrote:

FANTASTIC skirt…I wanna steal it! Perfect to pair it with stripes too :)

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

Posted 3.24.13 Reply
  12. Delfina M wrote:

Such a nice outfit!! hi everyone. im delfina from Argentina, if u want u cant take a look to my new blog. ill do my best :)

Posted 3.23.13 Reply
  13. Linda wrote:

Aww, you look like a professional lunching lady! I think you look fabulous. All of your outfits are wonderful from your meetings to the flower shop.

Posted 3.23.13 Reply
  14. The skirt and jumper combination is something I could never have pictured… But it looks great! Nice post! http://Www.Sherbertdreams.wordpress.com

Posted 3.23.13 Reply
  15. I love the print combo! I don’t even know what to call the print on the skirt, but I like it :)

~Sarah of Sarah’s Real Life

Posted 3.22.13 Reply
  16. kelsey wrote:

gorgeous and perfect print mixing
    kw ladies in navy

Posted 3.22.13 Reply
  17. Such a nice outfit. I’ve also been inspired by your post about hair colour and am going to see if I can try and eek out my colour by using more dry shampoo/hair hiding tricks! I currently wash my hair every 1-2 days and I want to aim for 1-2 times a week.

Posted 3.22.13 Reply
    • Thank you! And good luck on your hair experimenting ;-) Let me know if you find a dry shampoo/hair hiding trick that you love!

Posted 3.22.13 Reply
  18. I love the pairing of the striped top and patterned skirt! Truly amazing styling.

A new review of the Mackage 2013 runway show from World MasterCard Fashion Week is up on Local & Opulent. If you like leather jackets, stylish coats or insanely cool handbags, this is not to be missed!

Posted 3.22.13 Reply
  19. ceislin wrote:

Love the look & isn’t it funny how after not wearing heels how painful they become!!

-Classy Chic & Chardonnay

Posted 3.22.13 Reply
    • So true!! A few years ago, I could walk a mile in my stilettos and actually complained that flats were “less comfortable.” Now, even a 3-inch heel feels like the worst kind of torture after just a few hours.

Posted 3.22.13 Reply
  20. Bhutangirl wrote:

love the print on your skirt.. cute outfit :)

Posted 3.21.13 Reply
  21. Brynn wrote:

Your sweater is great! What versatile piece! I love your casual outfits so much, but it’s fun to see you a little dressed up :)

Posted 3.21.13 Reply
    • Thanks Brynn!! It’s fun to get a little fancy now and then ;-)

Posted 3.22.13 Reply
  22. shannon wrote:

How pretty. Love your mix of prints.

Posted 3.21.13 Reply
  23. E. wrote:

So pretty! I love the unexpected combination of stripes with print.

Posted 3.21.13 Reply
  24. maddya wrote:

Put together very nicely….

Posted 3.21.13 Reply
  25. Reblogged this on eiffel tower∞.

Posted 3.21.13 Reply

@keiralennox

• Farm-fresh blooms in repurposed glass from @happysplacefarm. 💕 #farmersmarket #summerlovin
  • I bought a beautiful loaf of fresh sourdough 🍞 from @honeycombbread and there’s a solid chance I‘ll rip into it on the drive home. #farmersmarket #carbsarelife
  • @shannatrudell and I talk about going to the Saturday morning farmers market at least twice a month and never *actually* do it; until today! 🍑 #farmersmarket #summerlovin #fromwhereistand
  • We love a 5:30pm cocktail date so we can be home on the couch watching ‘Stranger Things’ by 7:00. 👵🏼👴🏻 #turnup #friyay #kindachill
  • Fiddle game strong at @nplus1coffee! Look how happy this lady is in her little spot of sunshine. ☺️☀️ #shoplocal #urbanjungle #crazyplantpeople #fiddleleaffig
  • Regram from @lasaterflowers :: The prettiest pile of ‘Quicksand’ roses from a wedding a few weeks ago. They’re a favorite around here. 💕