ladies who lunch

03/21/2013 31 Comments

ladies who lunch

03/21/2013 31 Comments

It’s funny that just a few short years ago, this would be an everyday outfit for me, but now it feels fancy. When your day-to-day style revolves around jeans and flats, a day that includes a skirt made of anything besides cotton and heels is a chichi affair.

This morning, I reached into the unchartered depths of my closet to pull together an outfit for an annual ladies’ luncheon for our community college foundation. This year, the keynote was a motivational speaker who shared helpful insights about being better listeners, building up others through kindess and praise, and focusing on relationships to improve our businesses and community. The big takeaway was this: “People reach out to people who reach out.” Good, right?

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go soak my feet. It’s been a long time since I suffered through 8 hours in heels!

{Wearing: Target striped sweater; 212 Collection skirt (Kohl’s clearance); Nine West pumps; Daniel Wellington watch; Romeo & Juliet Couture bag (Hautelook)}

• daisiesinbloomblog 04/03/2013 at 12:48 pm

Loved your skirt! Beautiful.

• mylifeinmascara 04/02/2013 at 9:53 am

Loving the stripe top with printed skirt! Just gave me some outfit inspiration. Thank for sharing! :)

• therealjlow 04/02/2013 at 9:52 am

I adore these prints! gorgeous together! xoxo

• AlwaysMe1 03/31/2013 at 10:48 pm

LOVE this outfit, very nicely put together. I would love to be able to wear something to work other than jeans and t-shirts (I work with kids), so I know what you mean about feeling dressed up the minute you put on something nice.

• Emily 03/30/2013 at 4:46 pm

Love the necklace! Who makes it?

• keiralennox 03/31/2013 at 8:23 am

Thanks Emily! I found it at an outlet store last year. I think it may be Monet?

• hannahrosekeys 03/27/2013 at 10:20 am

How gorgeous is the texture on that bag!? Love x

• shannonandallison 03/25/2013 at 10:54 pm

Beautiful mix of prints!

• jentine 03/25/2013 at 9:42 pm

Love it. Though I feel the opposite about myself and dressing up. I used to be so scared to overdress so I always opted casual but now I just embrace the over the top:) Except of course when I am working:)

• keiralennox 03/26/2013 at 9:54 am

Well now some of the magic is gone, because I always secretly wished that you landscaped in vintage sequins… ;-)

I love your love of fancy. I need more glitz in my life.

• Ericka 03/25/2013 at 7:24 pm

I love how the Skirt and the Pumps made a perfect combination. And they both great with the Romeo & Juliet Couture bag! They’re ‘reaching out’ with each other to give you a fancy feeling.

• summermanuel 03/25/2013 at 10:07 am

Im glad that you felt fancy! We all need to feel that way sometimes.

• Jupe 03/24/2013 at 5:14 pm

FANTASTIC skirt…I wanna steal it! Perfect to pair it with stripes too :)

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

• Delfina M 03/23/2013 at 3:12 pm

Such a nice outfit!! hi everyone. im delfina from Argentina, if u want u cant take a look to my new blog. ill do my best :)

• Linda 03/23/2013 at 11:51 am

Aww, you look like a professional lunching lady! I think you look fabulous. All of your outfits are wonderful from your meetings to the flower shop.

• odettecarrier 03/23/2013 at 2:59 am

The skirt and jumper combination is something I could never have pictured… But it looks great! Nice post! http://Www.Sherbertdreams.wordpress.com

• Sarah's Real Life 03/22/2013 at 5:14 pm

I love the print combo! I don’t even know what to call the print on the skirt, but I like it :)

~Sarah of Sarah’s Real Life

• kelsey 03/22/2013 at 3:11 pm

gorgeous and perfect print mixing
    kw ladies in navy

• shapeplusstyle 03/22/2013 at 11:19 am

Such a nice outfit. I’ve also been inspired by your post about hair colour and am going to see if I can try and eek out my colour by using more dry shampoo/hair hiding tricks! I currently wash my hair every 1-2 days and I want to aim for 1-2 times a week.

• keiralennox 03/22/2013 at 10:18 pm

Thank you! And good luck on your hair experimenting ;-) Let me know if you find a dry shampoo/hair hiding trick that you love!

• Local and Opulent 03/22/2013 at 11:15 am

I love the pairing of the striped top and patterned skirt! Truly amazing styling.

A new review of the Mackage 2013 runway show from World MasterCard Fashion Week is up on Local & Opulent. If you like leather jackets, stylish coats or insanely cool handbags, this is not to be missed!

• ceislin 03/22/2013 at 8:53 am

Love the look & isn’t it funny how after not wearing heels how painful they become!!

-Classy Chic & Chardonnay

• keiralennox 03/22/2013 at 10:20 pm

So true!! A few years ago, I could walk a mile in my stilettos and actually complained that flats were “less comfortable.” Now, even a 3-inch heel feels like the worst kind of torture after just a few hours.

• Bhutangirl 03/21/2013 at 11:57 pm

love the print on your skirt.. cute outfit :)

• Brynn 03/21/2013 at 10:57 pm

Your sweater is great! What versatile piece! I love your casual outfits so much, but it’s fun to see you a little dressed up :)

• keiralennox 03/22/2013 at 10:21 pm

Thanks Brynn!! It’s fun to get a little fancy now and then ;-)

• shannon 03/21/2013 at 10:18 pm

How pretty. Love your mix of prints.

• E. 03/21/2013 at 9:29 pm

So pretty! I love the unexpected combination of stripes with print.

• maddya 03/21/2013 at 8:44 pm

Put together very nicely….

• jelynbalanay 03/21/2013 at 8:24 pm

Reblogged this on eiffel tower∞.