slumped.

Ugh, today is just… blah.

The weather is extra dark and menacing. It’s the kind of stormy, dreary day that makes you want to stay home under the covers all afternoon with your Netflix queu and a bottomless mug of hot chocolate. Everyone else in town must be feeling the funk, too, because no one seems to be thinking about flowers.

There are dozens of things I could be doing, but I can’t muster even an ounce of energy to start any of them. All I want to do is lie down on the floor with Doak — who is totally snoring next to my desk as I type this, little booger — and snooze until 5:00.

At least we’re one day closer to the weekend!

1. Reblogged this on Ebullience.

Posted 4.23.13 Reply
  2. Victoria wrote:

Is that a labradoodle? What a cute doggie!

V

Posted 4.6.13 Reply
  3. kayla wrote:

I’ve had a few days like that lately. Hope you get to curl in bed with your pup and your queue soon.

Memoirs & Mochas

Posted 4.5.13 Reply
  4. meryscarsa wrote:

How cute is your dog!! Nice picture, lovely. Congratulations.
    Warmest regards from capturaviaje.com.

Posted 4.5.13 Reply
  5. bowtalks wrote:

We rarely get weather like this in Dubai, so I would on the contrary love to spend an afternoon like this :)

Posted 4.5.13 Reply
  6. Hey, its no different in Berlin :-( Yesterday I ventured our on my bike, and found myself in a windblown dreary ex-airfield and this morning I’ve been rewarded with cold symptons. Bleurgh! C’mon spring, we’re rooting for you!

Posted 4.5.13 Reply
  7. Liz wrote:

For a minute there I thought maybe you had relocated to North Carolina because you described the exact same day that we had. Hopefully tomorrow will bring a little more sunshine and warm weather. It just doesn’t feel right for it to be in the forties during April.

8. Lisa Bates wrote:

OMG. That picture of Doak is priceless. I think it should be your new cover photo. Juss sayin.

Posted 4.4.13 Reply
  9. Sometimes we all need a day off … just to wind down. Enjoy it!

XOXO Nensi

Posted 4.4.13 Reply
  10. Uhh I do not remember when I saw a sun last time! Have bad days, but have to keep going… It has to come out soon :)

11. Terri wrote:

Days like that are the worst!! Hopefully you’ll get some sun soon.

12. suezanne wrote:

Seating on couch recovering from Knee Surg 4wks in! The weather today added to the frustration. Just a Blah in NV:(

13. Dee wrote:

And here I thought it was just me. I felt so blue this morning as I looked out my window and couldn’t see the sun. Thanks Canada, thanks a lot.

Posted 4.4.13 Reply
  14. Do what you feel – relax!

Posted 4.4.13 Reply
  15. Reblogged this on O LADO ESCURO DA LUA.

16. Delabelle wrote:

He is cute!

Posted 4.4.13 Reply
  17. Ugh. It is like that in San Francisco too. I was actually debating buying some flowers for my desk just to brighten my day!
    ~Lauren

Posted 4.4.13 Reply
    • Doooo it! ;-) There’s seriously nothing better than a few fresh stems to bring a little sunshine in.

@keiralennox

• Farm-fresh blooms in repurposed glass from @happysplacefarm. 💕 #farmersmarket #summerlovin
  • I bought a beautiful loaf of fresh sourdough 🍞 from @honeycombbread and there’s a solid chance I‘ll rip into it on the drive home. #farmersmarket #carbsarelife
  • @shannatrudell and I talk about going to the Saturday morning farmers market at least twice a month and never *actually* do it; until today! 🍑 #farmersmarket #summerlovin #fromwhereistand
  • We love a 5:30pm cocktail date so we can be home on the couch watching ‘Stranger Things’ by 7:00. 👵🏼👴🏻 #turnup #friyay #kindachill
  • Fiddle game strong at @nplus1coffee! Look how happy this lady is in her little spot of sunshine. ☺️☀️ #shoplocal #urbanjungle #crazyplantpeople #fiddleleaffig
  • Regram from @lasaterflowers :: The prettiest pile of ‘Quicksand’ roses from a wedding a few weeks ago. They’re a favorite around here. 💕