in my {beach} bag

04/10/2013 19 Comments

in my {beach} bag

04/10/2013 19 Comments

In just a few days, my girlfriends and I are packing up and heading to the coast for an overnight stay at one of our favorite beach spots for a low key bachelorette soiree! Here’s what I’ll toss in my beach bag for the trip…

Beach Day Essentials

Billabong More Please Beach Tote| (1) Benetint | (2) Korres Yoghurt After Sun Cooling Gel | (3) Supergoop Sunscreen Mist | (4) Yes to Cucumbers Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes | (5) Josie Maran Broad Spectrum SPF 40 Lotion | (6) Clinique Sun Broad Protection SPF 45 | Target Aviators | Vince Camuto hat | Dorothy Perkins starfish sandals

Sun protection is muy importante for this fair maiden (matron?) hence the three kinds of sunscreen. I love Josie Maran’s Argan Oil Broad Spectrum Lotion for my face — it’s moisturizing, smells yummy, and doesn’t clog my pores and break me out. Mists are super convenient for reapplying — every hour! — and SPF sticks are great for lips and quick touch-ups around your face and eyes. After a few rounds of sunscreen, my face starts to feel like an oil slick, so I like to keep facial towelettes on hand to clean everything off and start fresh midday.

The most makeup I wear at the beach is tinted moisturizer and waterproof mascara, so I love keeping Benetint on hand for a quick natural flush on my cheeks and lips. It stays put for hours!

And when it’s all said and done, Korres’ Yoghurt Cooling Gel is the best for quenching skin after a long day in the sun.

What are your favorite beauty products for a day at the beach?

• […] in my {beach} bag (aprettypennyblog.com) […]

• LucyBre 04/28/2013 at 8:32 am

Reblogged this on Being Weirdly Awesome.

• faintstatus 04/20/2013 at 9:04 pm

I love to have my sunscreen with me. Always got to have my sun protection with me!

• kellymariej 04/20/2013 at 12:00 am

you inspired me to create my own, since im going out of town next week!! mines probably a little overloaded haha! Love that Clinique stick & always gotta have the makeup wipes!

• Beach bag | The Glam Thrifter 04/19/2013 at 11:57 pm

[…] in my {beach} bag (aprettypennyblog.com) […]

• redlipstickandcoffee 04/17/2013 at 10:09 pm

Wow, def on my shopping list now!! I love natural face products!!Thanks for sharing!!

• redlipstickandcoffee 04/17/2013 at 1:26 am

Thanks for sharing this!! I definitely want to try the facial towelettes and clinique now!

• keiralennox 04/17/2013 at 11:37 am

Seventh Generation makes all-natural facial towelettes that are awesome, too! The lavender scent is my favorite. It’s a larger pack, so perfect for travel; while the Yes to Cucumbers is small enough to go in your everyday bag, too! :)

• makeupwizkid 04/12/2013 at 3:27 am

I also take sun protection seriously. I love Benetint it is always in my beach bag. It should be in everyone’s!!! Also Korres’ Yoghurt Cooling Gel is a fave.

• hautemomliving 04/11/2013 at 4:04 pm

Reblogged this on Haute Mom Living and commented:
    Almost that time of the year!

• certifieddrea 04/11/2013 at 11:59 am

Enjoy the beach and your beach bag items are perfect for the sun you will be in. have fun

• carlosavs7 04/11/2013 at 11:44 am

Reblogged this on carlosavs7.

• Jasmine Brink-Li (@JasmineFlower1) 04/11/2013 at 11:29 am

I think I might look into Benetint, just because it’s a good dual use item, and who doesn’t love a flush in the summer, with a tan!? And yes, sun protection is so important, slows down aging ;)

• everythinginbetween 04/11/2013 at 10:21 am

LOVE the hat! have fun!

• Tippy Temperley 04/11/2013 at 9:44 am

My must have is the Institut Esthederm Photo Cellular Care Adaptasun Sensitive Skin Tanning Body Lotion (what a mouthful). Expensive, but it’s brilliant. You apply it 2 weeks before your holiday in the sun and it reinforces your skin’s natural defense against the sun. Plus if tanning is your thing, this will speed the tan up. I’m pale and sensitive and I didn’t get a single sunburn. x

• patriciastreeter 04/11/2013 at 8:05 am

Great post! The weather is warming up and the beach is calling :D

• Amy 04/11/2013 at 7:43 am

have fun a your beach get away

• lauramdb 04/11/2013 at 2:02 am

I also take sun protection very seriously! So glad to see you’re looking after yourself :P Oh, and I love benetint!

• supportthebride 04/11/2013 at 1:50 am

A mini fan, lip gloss/chapstick, sun cream, mascara, sun glasses and either a straw sun hat or Fedora style hat :)