happy medium

Duro Ulowu for jcpenney skirt (found in-store for 50% off!) | LOFT tee | Nine West sandals | Romeo & Juliet Couture tote via Hautelook | Tom Ford sunglasses

In my fashion fantasies, I have a closet full of delicate floral dresses and swishy skirts — a well-curated assortment of current designers and priceless vintage, dontcha’ know — and I sashay around my flower shop in them every day with Louboutins and pearls.

In real life, flower shops are messy and hard on clothes; and most days I can barely pull off a low wedge, much less sky-high stilettos.

A bold floral skirt paired with a t-shirt is how I compromise.

1. Ashley wrote:

The skirt is so pretty – great for summer!

Posted 5.31.13 Reply
  2. That skirt is adorable! Great look!

Posted 5.26.13 Reply
  3. Linda wrote:

I think you look perfect Keira! I sympathize with you on having a job that’s rough on clothes and we might have the same sandals. Do yours have a chunky wood heel?

Posted 5.26.13 Reply
  4. Brynn wrote:

I adore this outfit, Keira! I love wearing a plain tee with a pretty skirt and neutral shoes. It’s one of my go-to outfits :)

theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

Posted 5.25.13 Reply
  5. pretty!

Posted 5.24.13 Reply
  6. love the print :) you look lovely

Posted 5.24.13 Reply
  7. I love your shoes !

Posted 5.24.13 Reply
  8. Loved the print of the skirt!!

xx

Posted 5.24.13 Reply
  9. ceislin wrote:

I love how bright and bold that skirt is– that line was awesome, I’ll have to see if I can snag any items on sale!

Classy Chic & Chardonnay

Posted 5.24.13 Reply
  10. kelsey wrote:

a good compromise for sure, this is gorgeous
    kw, ladies in navy
    jewelry giveaway!

Posted 5.24.13 Reply
  11. Love the shoes! xx

Posted 5.23.13 Reply
  12. Onstyle wrote:

You look great, I love the print! http://onstyleaction.com/

Posted 5.23.13 Reply
  13. Love the skirt!
    XO,
    Z

Posted 5.23.13 Reply
  14. Alicia wrote:

This is like my fantasy of being a stay at home mom. I make delicious baked goods while looking hot, and the house is fresh and flawless. Cue to me in my tank and shorts on the floor with the baby trying to tweet while having a cup of coffee.

Posted 5.23.13 Reply
  15. Totally reasonable and still super cute. Success!

Posted 5.23.13 Reply
  16. I love your skirt!! You look beautiful!

Posted 5.23.13 Reply
  17. sydney wrote:

Excellent choice, it’s always hard to reconcile your clothing desires with what’s actually feasible

Posted 5.23.13 Reply
  18. I LOVE that skirt!!!! Thanks for sharing. Cute outfit!!

Posted 5.23.13 Reply

@keiralennox

• Farm-fresh blooms in repurposed glass from @happysplacefarm. 💕 #farmersmarket #summerlovin
  • I bought a beautiful loaf of fresh sourdough 🍞 from @honeycombbread and there’s a solid chance I‘ll rip into it on the drive home. #farmersmarket #carbsarelife
  • @shannatrudell and I talk about going to the Saturday morning farmers market at least twice a month and never *actually* do it; until today! 🍑 #farmersmarket #summerlovin #fromwhereistand
  • We love a 5:30pm cocktail date so we can be home on the couch watching ‘Stranger Things’ by 7:00. 👵🏼👴🏻 #turnup #friyay #kindachill
  • Fiddle game strong at @nplus1coffee! Look how happy this lady is in her little spot of sunshine. ☺️☀️ #shoplocal #urbanjungle #crazyplantpeople #fiddleleaffig
  • Regram from @lasaterflowers :: The prettiest pile of ‘Quicksand’ roses from a wedding a few weeks ago. They’re a favorite around here. 💕