the bright side

07/15/2013 41 Comments

the bright side

07/15/2013 41 Comments

Last week was a doozy. We were unpleasantly surprised by a few unexpected expenses, our landlords put the shop’s building up for sale, our delivery van is in all kinds of disrepair, and the shop is slower than we’d like because, ugh, summer. There’s more, but, you catch the drift.

Chad and I keep reminding ourselves to look on the bright side: The van conveniently wheezed it’s final breath in the parking lot of the shop, instead of leaving one of us stranded mid-delivery; and we have a great and fair mechanic that will get us back on the road in no time without having to sell a kidney. In the meantime, a busted van means family carpools to and from work and all of us getting home at a decent hour. Which leads to afternoon walks for Doak, catching up on the laundry and DVR, and home cooked meals before 9:00pm.

A lot of things are happening that are beyond our control, but we can control the way we deal with them. I’m dealing with cocktails, hot baths, and lots of prayer that everything will work out exactly the way it’s supposed to. Open hands.

wearing:

Target top | Duro Olowu for jcpenney skirt | TKEES Foundations flip flops | Nine West hat

• […] a particularly wretched July that left our bodies battered and our entrepreneurial confidence a little shaken, August tossed us […]

• Hertrainingheels.com 07/29/2013 at 11:23 pm

It’s awesome hiw u have such a great perspective our happiness is determined by the our reactions to the challenges we face.

• Tara 07/19/2013 at 10:25 am

I hope things get better soon!! I’m a new reader of your blog and you’ve been such an inspiration for me. I love your outfits and the way you put things together. And your dog is adorable :-)

• keiralennox 07/19/2013 at 10:32 am

Thank you, Tara! That’s so sweet :)

• Brynn 07/18/2013 at 11:43 pm

Icky, I’m so sorry to hear things are rough right now. You have the best attitude, though – I’m always one to try to look on the bright side and stay optimistic if I can. Keep it up :) PS. Your dog couldn’t be more handsome. I love seeing pictures of him on your blog!!

brynnash.blogspot.com

• La Sakeuse 07/18/2013 at 4:23 pm

I like this skirt and the dog who walk like a star !

• mimosasandmanhattan 07/18/2013 at 12:55 pm

Love your skirt! It is amazing!

• Fashion and love by Mihaela 07/17/2013 at 6:46 pm

lovely, I am your new follower <3

• Girl on the Go 07/17/2013 at 8:55 am

Cute outfit and pup! Hope things turn around soon. Good luck!

• benzie0802 07/17/2013 at 8:05 am

Nice hue of the entire summer like!
    I want to imitate❤

• fieldsofspring 07/16/2013 at 10:18 pm

i love your skirt!

• Is Everyone an Idiot but Me? 07/16/2013 at 4:09 pm

Gosh, when it rains it pours..but at least you look cute!

• keiralennox 07/17/2013 at 8:09 pm

Ha! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve bemoaned the old “rains it pours” this week. I think a rainbow is due soon, though :-)

• Valerie 07/16/2013 at 1:49 pm

Sorry to hear you’re having a bit of a rough time, but Doak does look very happy to be on a walk with you! Good luck.

• keiralennox 07/17/2013 at 8:10 pm

Thank you, Valerie! Things are definitely looking up.

• bubliibeauty 07/16/2013 at 1:14 pm

Awww sorry to hear that sweety …Everything will be great :) Loved the outfit …be positive :)

• xpressionsbysarah 07/16/2013 at 11:50 am

What a great fun and summery look and pairing it with a hat and flip flop makes you wanna just chill and enjoy the weather.

• canberly 07/16/2013 at 11:35 am

This is an awesome summer look.

• Ashley 07/16/2013 at 11:00 am

Everything happens for a reason! You look adorable while all this is going on (there IS a bright side :)

• keiralennox 07/17/2013 at 8:11 pm

You’re so right, Ashley! Thank you for the encouragement!

• megbenj 07/16/2013 at 10:21 am

One of my best friends manages a nursery and she is looking at getting put at part time status until things pick up there … and I am still waiting for a contract to arrive for me to work this coming school year (I’m a speech therapist). Like you said, open hands, open heart. Embracing possible change and hoping for the best!!! Things will work out – and good for you for seeing the positive, particularly about the van breaking down at the shop rather than while out on a delivery run! And … you look mahhhhvelous as usual!

• keiralennox 07/17/2013 at 8:13 pm

I hope things turn around for your friend’s nursery, and you, too! Summer is always a killer. Sending some good vibes your way that you’ll sign a great contract soon, Meg!

• megtini 07/26/2013 at 1:36 pm

Thanks Keira! Things have worked out for the best all around, so proof positive that there is power in putting out good energy into the world and hoping it will cycle back :)

• foreveranguyen 07/16/2013 at 10:00 am

Sorry to hear about you rough patch. It can only get better from here. You look adorable. Loving the bright and vibrant skirt!

• keiralennox 07/17/2013 at 8:13 pm

Thank you! This week is making a good turnaround :)

• Evalyne 07/16/2013 at 8:38 am

Aaaawww, i love your attitude. Things will surely work out. I love the outfit too (and the dog) :)

• Health and Beauty Tips 07/16/2013 at 3:23 am

love the yellow color.. :) nice dress up

• jhoannhs 07/16/2013 at 3:15 am
  • KaT & Kiddo 07/16/2013 at 1:47 am

Nice n summery!

• suezanne 07/16/2013 at 12:55 am

keira sending prays and strength. Also remember this to shall pass. Take one day at a time that is all you can do. With your wit and positive attitude soon all will be better and stronger then before.

• keiralennox 07/17/2013 at 8:15 pm

Thank you so much, Suzanne! I really appreciate this :)

• stilettosinthemud 07/15/2013 at 11:24 pm

Small businesses hit a rough patch now and then, keep postitive and good will come! Cute pup!

• Devin 07/15/2013 at 10:22 pm

Thank you for sharing! I clicked the link to the your post on open hands. As a self proclaimed control-freak, it was just the reminder I needed. Grateful for a God who knows so much better than me.

• pja6 07/15/2013 at 9:48 pm

A cute outfit and a cute pup! Love!

• blackc96 07/15/2013 at 9:04 pm

Sorry to hear, but you have a great attitude (as well sense of style :-)
    All will work out for the best.

• Linda 07/15/2013 at 8:58 pm

Aww. I hope things look up for you and get busy at the shop. You look lovely as usual. Seeing Doak with his short hair makes me grin (and Sophie bark).