traveling light: my summer getaway makeup bag

07/29/2013 14 Comments

traveling light: my summer getaway makeup bag

07/29/2013 14 Comments
SummerBeautyTravelMakeup

The Beauty Department is one of my favorite blogs for everyday hair and beauty inspiration. In fact, you should mosey on over to Bloglovin’ and follow them if you aren’t already. While you’re there, you can follow APP, too ;)

Anywho.

Recently, TBD wrote a post about lightening the load of your travel makeup bag by packing just a few multi-tasking products. It was a revelation!

There’s still plenty of summer weekend fun to be had. Here’s what I’ll bring along for a fresh face on my next weekend getaway…

Sunkissed Beauty Makeup Bag

• Stephanie Johnson Torino Cosmetic Case
  • Urban Decay Afterglow Cheek Tint in Crush – I have a sinking feeling that this product is discontinued, which gives me the sads. It’s a long lasting, bright pink cheek tint that can also be used on the lips.
  • COOLA Mineral Sunscreen for Face SPF 20  – I give this an A+! It’s tinted, and gives my light skin a healthy dose of sheer color with great sun protection. Bonus: It’s packed with vitamins and antioxidants, and it’s paraben-free.
  • LORAC Tantalizer Baked Bronzer – It doesn’t get better than this bronzer. It’s a universally-flattering color that’s buildable on the face, and doubles as a great eyeshadow!
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express for Brows & Eyes – My crazy eyebrows never take a vacation. This little palette has everything I need to keep them neat and clean, and contains a highlighter that’s perfect for brightening the face.
  • Supergoop! Acai Fusion Lip Balm SPF 30 – Don’t forget to protect your kisser when you’re out in the sun! Our lips are especially susceptible to sun damage and skin cancer. Supergoop sent me a tube of their SPF 30 lip balm at the start of summer, and Chad and I have been fighting over who gets to keep it in since.
  • Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara – Tubing technology mascara is my jam. They give your lashes definition with zero smudging or running, no matter how high the temperature or humidity.

What are your favorite double-duty beauty products this summer?

• CrifJohnson 11/06/2013 at 4:10 am

Great products shared. Enjoyed reading your blog.

• Pam Borton 09/23/2013 at 3:53 pm

Thanks for laying out the products so beautifully! I love to see the products that people are talking about…here is another helpful article I found, in case anyone is looking like me! :) http://eyemajic.com/travel-beauty-tips-10-must-carry-items/

• ブーツ オススメ 09/15/2013 at 10:10 pm

ニューエラ ヤンキース ブーツ オススメ http://www.aaehgw.com/

• varellano 07/30/2013 at 9:31 am

I <3 that Urban Decay Cheek Tint in Fetish. Got it on sale through Hautelook (which is having another Urban Decay blowout tomorrow, btw) and it's been my favorite cheek color for the summer. I actually have the Crush color (which I used once, but wasn't right for my skin tone). If it's not too creepy to get it from a reader, I'd be happy to send it to you!

• keiralennox 07/30/2013 at 10:52 am

I got mine from Hautelook, too! That’s my favorite resource for beauty bargains.

• Sophie 07/30/2013 at 7:21 am
  • canberly 07/29/2013 at 10:18 pm

I’ve honestly been on a serious coconut oil kick! It’s a great body and hair moisturizer and you can even cook with it! (which I haven’t been brave enough to do yet.)

• keiralennox 07/30/2013 at 10:53 am

I LOVE coconut oil! I keep finding new uses for it. I actually just started using it in place of deodorant! (It’s not an antiperspirant, but it’s naturally deodorizing).

• Kayla Hoffman 07/29/2013 at 10:11 pm

Fun! I always love getting new makeup. Orrr even cleaning out my makeup box because I find things I forgot I had. That is always fun if it hasn’t been in there too long! I can’t tell you how much I throw away.

• keiralennox 07/30/2013 at 10:54 am

Been there, Kayla! I’ve been trying to downsize my makeup stash myself. I just love experimenting with new products!

• Kayla Hoffman 07/30/2013 at 11:54 am

Ditto! My mom used to sell Mary Kay so when we got to the makeup age, we were taught how to use everything and use it well. I am so thankful that I know how to accentuate my features and apply makeup correctly.

• rhiannon 07/29/2013 at 6:41 pm

great products! thanks for sharing.

• toopretty12 07/29/2013 at 4:55 pm

Reblogged this on The Pretty Canary.

• Miss Aubrey Paige 07/29/2013 at 2:21 pm

I love Too Faced Lash Injection as well, one of the best mascaras I’ve ever used!