an outfit, and an invitation.

07/30/2013 28 Comments

an outfit, and an invitation.

07/30/2013 28 Comments

polkadotsanddenim

polkadotsanddenim2

Christmas came early for this girl! My friend, Meghan, cleaned out her amazing closet (seriously, it’s awesome) and sent me home with a big ol’ bag of sweet hand-me-downs last weekend. Thanks again, Meg!

Speaking of friends, Anne of Wobisobi DIY fame will be at the flower shop this Thursday evening for a fun downtown Art Walk. If you’re a local reader, we’d love to meet you over a cocktail, while snapping a few fun photos and learning a cool DIY trick or two from Anne. Bring an oversized men’s t-shirt, and Anne will show you how to turn it into something fabulous!

Let us know if you think you can make it in the comments! We want to be sure to have enough prosecco on hand ;)

• Miss PTSD 09/07/2013 at 12:03 am

I’m so in love with that top! I was crushed when I read it’s a hand-me- down…

• chan 08/14/2013 at 10:43 pm

Reblogged this on Caca royalskim Airen.

• chan 08/14/2013 at 10:40 pm

Reblogged this on Caca royalskim Airen.

• lucyloohoo 08/05/2013 at 7:10 pm

One man’s trash is another’s treasure. I love the opportunity to recycle pieces that my friends may otherwise just throw away :)

• Lynaea 08/01/2013 at 4:24 pm

I love how well you wear hand-me-downs. You look effortlessly classy. My favorite hand me downs come from my little sister. She is my style maven.

(totally loved mellowing out to the little video you included. Laughed at the no-K race)

• Maria Vole 08/01/2013 at 10:58 am

That outfit is so cute! I LOVE your hair by the way.

Maria x

• oliviaroundtown 08/01/2013 at 6:42 am

Love this! Your blog is really interesting and your style is great :) could you please check out my blog? I would love to hear any feedback you may have as I am new to wordpress. I do a bit of styling, modelling, writing and photography. Keep up the great posts! Livvy x

• ginger morris 08/01/2013 at 4:16 am

cute! really really cute! I don’t have anyone do that for me…I am the one who cleans there closets and give bags away to my friends(that way have room for new stuff!).peace

• simplyme606 07/31/2013 at 7:01 pm

Seriously adorbs bag I love it! Purses are my obsession!

• gracebeekman 07/31/2013 at 5:20 pm

I love this look! Those shoes! So cute. And that bag! My goodness, you can rock those hand-me-downs!

• Natalie's Style Nook 07/31/2013 at 4:45 pm

Hand me downs are great for providing some new inspiration for your closet!! Love the way you styled this one.

• Brynn 07/31/2013 at 4:10 pm

Oh my gosh, that top is so perfect! I’m loving sheer tops like this lately – they are comfy and breezy! Lucky you to have a friend who shares clothes with you :)

brynnash.blogspot.com

• toopretty12 07/31/2013 at 2:10 pm

Reblogged this on The Pretty Canary.

• ellepottsie 07/31/2013 at 2:04 pm

BFF clothing donations are the best! I can’t wait for mine to clean out her closet!

Great outfit!
    xo Lauren

• Jennifer M. 07/31/2013 at 8:25 am

I’m planning on coming! Very excited to meet one of my favorite bloggers!

• wujiansheng007 07/31/2013 at 4:12 am

Reblogged this on wholesalenfljerseysinchina and commented:
    so beautiful!

• pja6 07/31/2013 at 2:39 am

You got me inspired! I gotta host a clothes swap! Hope you’ll post more pics of your new-to-you goodies!

• FreeUrCloset 07/31/2013 at 12:02 am

Aghhhh, wish it was Christmas at my house too, lol (maybe my bff Natasha takes the hint, ;) )… Have a great week!

XOXO Nensi

• Fashionista In Suburbia 07/30/2013 at 8:36 pm

Lucky duck. That looks gorgeous! Sorry not local- i live in Australia. What a shame, i am a bit partial to a good prosecco!

• elkeeb 07/30/2013 at 7:55 pm

Your hair looks fab in this pic! As for the hand me downs that’s awesome! I have a friend I’ve known since high school who’s always giving me her her stylish cast offs for years…it’s like shopping without cash *sigh*

• A Kreative Kraning 07/30/2013 at 5:45 pm

love when that happens! your outfit looks adorable!!! and you look like Sophia Bush here!

• Katie W 07/30/2013 at 5:29 pm

I’ll be coming by! Can’t wait to see you!

• rhiannon 07/30/2013 at 4:41 pm

love that top! looks amazing on you!

• Angie 07/30/2013 at 4:24 pm

OOOOOhh…that sounds fun! What time will the event be?

• keiralennox 07/30/2013 at 4:30 pm

5:30 to 8:30 Thursday evening! It’s an open house style event, so you can pop in and out any time during those hours!

• The Fashion Huntress 07/30/2013 at 4:04 pm

I love that top! It looks great!

• taushaleavell 07/30/2013 at 4:01 pm

I do so love when my BFF loads me up with hand-me-downs!