an outfit, and an invitation.

polkadotsanddenim

polkadotsanddenim2

Christmas came early for this girl! My friend, Meghan, cleaned out her amazing closet (seriously, it’s awesome) and sent me home with a big ol’ bag of sweet hand-me-downs last weekend. Thanks again, Meg!

Speaking of friends, Anne of Wobisobi DIY fame will be at the flower shop this Thursday evening for a fun downtown Art Walk. If you’re a local reader, we’d love to meet you over a cocktail, while snapping a few fun photos and learning a cool DIY trick or two from Anne. Bring an oversized men’s t-shirt, and Anne will show you how to turn it into something fabulous!

Let us know if you think you can make it in the comments! We want to be sure to have enough prosecco on hand ;)

1. Miss PTSD wrote:

I’m so in love with that top! I was crushed when I read it’s a hand-me- down…

Posted 9.7.13 Reply
  2. chan wrote:

Reblogged this on Caca royalskim Airen.

Posted 8.14.13 Reply
  3. chan wrote:

Reblogged this on Caca royalskim Airen.

Posted 8.14.13 Reply
  4. lucyloohoo wrote:

One man’s trash is another’s treasure. I love the opportunity to recycle pieces that my friends may otherwise just throw away :)

Posted 8.5.13 Reply
  5. Lynaea wrote:

I love how well you wear hand-me-downs. You look effortlessly classy. My favorite hand me downs come from my little sister. She is my style maven.

(totally loved mellowing out to the little video you included. Laughed at the no-K race)

Posted 8.1.13 Reply
  6. Maria Vole wrote:

That outfit is so cute! I LOVE your hair by the way.

Maria x

Posted 8.1.13 Reply
  7. Love this! Your blog is really interesting and your style is great :) could you please check out my blog? I would love to hear any feedback you may have as I am new to wordpress. I do a bit of styling, modelling, writing and photography. Keep up the great posts! Livvy x

Posted 8.1.13 Reply
  8. ginger morris wrote:

cute! really really cute! I don’t have anyone do that for me…I am the one who cleans there closets and give bags away to my friends(that way have room for new stuff!).peace

Posted 8.1.13 Reply
  9. Seriously adorbs bag I love it! Purses are my obsession!

Posted 7.31.13 Reply
  10. I love this look! Those shoes! So cute. And that bag! My goodness, you can rock those hand-me-downs!

Posted 7.31.13 Reply
  11. Hand me downs are great for providing some new inspiration for your closet!! Love the way you styled this one.

Posted 7.31.13 Reply
  12. Brynn wrote:

Oh my gosh, that top is so perfect! I’m loving sheer tops like this lately – they are comfy and breezy! Lucky you to have a friend who shares clothes with you :)

brynnash.blogspot.com

Posted 7.31.13 Reply
  13. Reblogged this on The Pretty Canary.

Posted 7.31.13 Reply
  14. BFF clothing donations are the best! I can’t wait for mine to clean out her closet!

Great outfit!
    xo Lauren

Posted 7.31.13 Reply
  15. Jennifer M. wrote:

I’m planning on coming! Very excited to meet one of my favorite bloggers!

Posted 7.31.13 Reply
  16. Reblogged this on wholesalenfljerseysinchina and commented:
    so beautiful!

Posted 7.31.13 Reply
  17. pja6 wrote:

You got me inspired! I gotta host a clothes swap! Hope you’ll post more pics of your new-to-you goodies!

Posted 7.31.13 Reply
  18. Aghhhh, wish it was Christmas at my house too, lol (maybe my bff Natasha takes the hint, ;) )… Have a great week!

XOXO Nensi

Posted 7.31.13 Reply
  19. Lucky duck. That looks gorgeous! Sorry not local- i live in Australia. What a shame, i am a bit partial to a good prosecco!

Posted 7.30.13 Reply
  20. elkeeb wrote:

Your hair looks fab in this pic! As for the hand me downs that’s awesome! I have a friend I’ve known since high school who’s always giving me her her stylish cast offs for years…it’s like shopping without cash *sigh*

Posted 7.30.13 Reply
  21. love when that happens! your outfit looks adorable!!! and you look like Sophia Bush here!

Posted 7.30.13 Reply
  22. Katie W wrote:

I’ll be coming by! Can’t wait to see you!

Posted 7.30.13 Reply
  23. rhiannon wrote:

love that top! looks amazing on you!

Posted 7.30.13 Reply
  24. Angie wrote:

OOOOOhh…that sounds fun! What time will the event be?

Posted 7.30.13 Reply
    • 5:30 to 8:30 Thursday evening! It’s an open house style event, so you can pop in and out any time during those hours!

Posted 7.30.13 Reply
  25. I love that top! It looks great!

Posted 7.30.13 Reply
  26. I do so love when my BFF loads me up with hand-me-downs!

Posted 7.30.13 Reply