small town spoils – bagging a 3.1 phillip lim for target bag

09/16/2013 17 Comments

small town spoils – bagging a 3.1 phillip lim for target bag

09/16/2013 17 Comments

When Target announced the launch date of the 3.1 Phillip Lim collaboration, I circled it in red in my brain calendar; I’ve been on a hunt for a great taupe carryall for fall and the satchels in the collection fit the bill (and my budget). Squeeze in a trip to Tar-jhay on Sunday, I told myself.

Then Sunday came and went in a blink, as Sundays do best.

I made a quick pitstop this morning between errands and deliveries. Lucky for me, there were plenty of bags left — one of the perks of living in a town that’s “big enough” for the stores to stock a decent selection, but “small enough” that most people neither know nor care that that these babies are selling like hotcakes all over the country.

For a hot second, I thought about running back in the store and buying them all up to list on eBay. Then I thought, “who the heck do you think you are?” and went back to work.

With a fabulous new bag…

And maybe a wallet and cross-body. ;-)

3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Medium Satchel in Taupe
Wearing:

Nine West hat | F21 favorite v-neck tee | 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Medium Satchel in Taupe | Daniel Wellington watch

• PC & Friends 10/03/2013 at 12:15 pm

What a bautiful bag !! You’re so lucky ;)
    Manon from France :)
    Pcandfriends.wordpress.com

• sisterseramondi 10/02/2013 at 8:37 am

Beautiful bag!
    glamoursmoothie.wordpress.com

• franciforesti 09/29/2013 at 6:47 am

I love your bag so much!

• onceuponanoutfit 09/22/2013 at 11:25 pm

Glad you were able to snag one of the bags! I went to my Target right at 8 am and they were gone in less than an hour!

• sweetuphoria 10/10/2013 at 5:07 pm

they have a bunch on ebay for not too expensive! :)

• thetimeoffashion 09/21/2013 at 5:00 am

WOW :D
    Please visit and rate me :)

• BeingZhenya 09/19/2013 at 7:17 am

Oh I love that taupe tote! Come check out my haul http://beingzhenya.com/2013/09/15/my-philip-lim/
    and how I styled some of my finds – http://beingzhenya.com/2013/09/16/styling-3-1-philip-lim-review/
    Xx,
    Zhenya

• tashchance 09/18/2013 at 3:27 pm

i think you will enjoy my blog if you have a love for fashion :) please check it out: http://tashchance.wordpress.com/

• Ashley 09/18/2013 at 10:08 am

I got that same one except in black! Featuring it on my blog today:)

• Laptop Lookbook 09/17/2013 at 7:49 pm

That satchel is fantastic! A must to add to my collection.

• The Fancy Pants Report 09/17/2013 at 12:33 pm

love how you were able to score a few goodies! the tote looks awesome on you and i definitely want that crossbody ;)

xx
    The Fancy Pants Report

• Angie 09/17/2013 at 10:12 am

I LOVE that bag!! I’m such a bag whore and I’m thinking of running to Target at Posner Park…right…NOW!!!

• keiralennox 09/17/2013 at 10:20 am

They still had several styles left yesterday, Angie! You can check the website to see what’s still available in-store, but I think you’d be safe just taking a trip and seeing what’s there. I also bought the top handle crossbody in black.

• Melina 09/16/2013 at 11:11 pm

You know, I hadn’t really paid much attention to this recent collaboration, but gosh I wish I had because that bag is really perfect!

• keiralennox 09/17/2013 at 10:21 am

To be honest, I usually don’t pay much attention to the designer collaborations myself. But the bags in this collection were definitely worth the trip!

• Classy&Fabulous 09/16/2013 at 8:37 pm

Love the hat! I got a similar one from J.Crew and they can make an outfit seem summery!

• keiralennox 09/17/2013 at 10:22 am

Thank you! I’m looking for some fall/winter hats for the upcoming season. I’d never been much of a hat person, but for the last 6 months or so I feel like I wear one every day!