sunday comfort food

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6

Today is the first real day off I’ve had in about a month — no work, no agenda, nowhere to be — and I’m savoring every minute of it.

After weeks of sustaining out of takeout boxes and juice bar protein smoothies, I couldn’t wait to spend some downtime in my abandoned kitchen to whip up some home-cooked comfort food. The kind of comfort food that requires elastic-waist pants and long naps to recover from. Calories be damned.

For lunch: A hybrid of Joy the Baker’s lasagna grilled cheese and Two Peas and Their Pod’s caprese garlic bread, made with a bakery fresh loaf of tuscan roasted garlic bread. Entire cloves of garlic baked right in, you guys! We’ll be safe from vampires for a while ’round here.

For dinner: An adaptation of Skinny Ms.’ chicken chili is simmering in the slow cooker as we speak. To be served with Mahh-tha’s skillet cornbread, and topped with greek yogurt, avocado, and sharp cheddar cheese.

For tomorrow’s breakfast: flour-less and sugarless “Pumpkin Oats n’ Honey Muffins.” The first of what I’m sure will be many pumpkin-centric recipe attempts this season.

For funsies: Joy the Baker’s s’mores brownies. Because why the heck not? Go big or go home.

Hope you’re all enjoying this Sunday as much as I am!

1. Simplyou wrote:

Reblogged this on Share By Simplyou and commented:
    Happy Sunday!! Make your day a “Simplyou”

Posted 10.27.13 Reply
  2. Simplyou wrote:

Wow!! looks Yummy!!

Posted 10.27.13 Reply
  3. tsquire44 wrote:

my version of sunday comfort food is usually some kind of sub . My fav is Turkey bacon ranch :)

Posted 10.24.13 Reply
  4. Siew Yee C wrote:

Yum!!! It’s Sunday today!! Makes me wana try some of these!!!! D:

Posted 10.13.13 Reply
  5. Tots agree

Posted 10.9.13 Reply
  6. Lucy wrote:

This all looks soooo delicious! Love the post! :D

Posted 10.8.13 Reply
  7. God! Now i’m hungry…
    Follow us: http://redlawfashion.wordpress.com/

Posted 10.8.13 Reply
  8. donnamh92 wrote:

I’m definitely saving all these recipes! All of them sound delicious.

Posted 10.8.13 Reply
  9. How did you do the images in the circle at the top of the post? It looks super cute!

Posted 10.7.13 Reply
  10. Everything looks amazing, especially the brownies!! Looks like I wasn’t the only one baking this Sunday. I made my first ever nutella and caramel cookies and they were amazing. Check it out :)

Posted 10.7.13 Reply
  11. Reblogged this on wannabestylinsomething.

Posted 10.7.13 Reply
  12. sooooooooooooo tempting…………

Posted 10.7.13 Reply
  13. I saw this on pinterest :)

14. The Borg wrote:

For your one day off you sure did a lot! Between the baking/cooking/eating/drinking/napping the day must have been a blur! But it all looks so AMAZING!

Posted 10.6.13 Reply
    • I love cooking! I wish I had more time for it these days. I had to squeeze it all in at once! ;-)

• The Borg wrote:

well ya sure did. I’m genuinely impressed! Were you exhuasted afterwards? I love cooking but I’m usually exhausted and have sore feet and a sore back after half a day!

Posted 10.6.13 Reply
    • Oh, and these were all Pinterest photos for inspiration! I didn’t make all of these things, but man I wanted to.

• The Borg wrote:

ooooohhhh well I’m inspired, I really am. I have a dozen eggs I have to use up and today might be the day!

15. Looks delicious :D

Posted 10.6.13 Reply
  16. This food looks great!

17. Reblogged this on Caterina Pinzarrone and commented:

18. mr.holic wrote:

my god it looks delicious!!!

19. Amy wrote:

everything looks so yummy

20. Oyin wrote:

This is more than comfort food! It all looks so scrumptious…

21. YumYum ^_^

Posted 10.6.13 Reply
  22. I just eat but after looking at these pictures, I realised I’m actually starving.

23. looks amazing]

Posted 10.6.13 Reply
  24. the grilled cheese is right up my ally. Looks delicious- definitely jealous.

Posted 10.6.13 Reply
  25. OMG! I’m starving now after seeing all these delicious food. Thanks for posting! 😀

26. This all looks so delicious!! Especially the pumpkin pie smoothie!! YUM! <3

Posted 10.6.13 Reply
    • I haven’t tried that one yet, but I plan to soon!

@keiralennox

• Can’t make a downtown Bartow delivery without popping into @rafanatural’s beautiful shop to restock my coconut bar soap stash; ‘Relaxation’ for me, ‘Sandalwood’ for the husband. 🛁 #shopsmall #shoplocal #rafanatural
  • #mondaymotivation courtesy of this neighborhood truck on our morning walk. 😉
  • Doakie’s got those Friday feels. ☺️💕 #dogsofig #tgif #instagood
  • New motivational reads for my #werk stack, inspired by @larsbookclub. These are my favorite kinds of books to enjoy and then share with friends and my flower shop team. 💕 #bookstagram #larsbookclub #booksofig #goodreads #joyful
  • Busy days are our favorite days. 💕 Kicking our feet up after a long day and feeling so grateful for our special clients who trust us to help them ‘say it with flowers’ for all kinds of occasions. #shoplocal #shopsmall #floristlife
  • Kindness, always. 💕