manicure monday: my fall favorites

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8

I love funky nail art as much as the next girl, but I usually don’t have the time or patience to do it myself. These days I’m all about an easy at-home manicure, and with fall officially upon us I’m on the hunt for new colors and textures to add to my nail kit. It’s time to trade in the hot pinks and corals of summer, and transition to inky blacks, jewel tones, neutral mattes, and richer nudes.

What’s your favorite polish this time of year?

1. Thanks for sharing – love this one :)

Posted 1.14.14 Reply
  2. Reblogged this on A Secret Handbook.

Posted 1.12.14 Reply
  3. I wish I saw this post before new years eve, such great inspiration for fun manicure. Oh well! next time.

Posted 1.1.14 Reply
  4. I’ve wheatish Indian skin so even though I love the last one, I don’t think it will look good on me?
    I’m new here by the way. I hope to get on with all you guys here.
    Love & Luck,
    The Girl in Pink Socks

Posted 12.2.13 Reply
  5. Love them! Please check out my blog to help me get some view please!

Posted 11.13.13 Reply
  6. sashakiana wrote:

Love thisssss! Check out my blog please.
    laviedesasha.wordpress.com

Posted 10.26.13 Reply
  7. Some great nail inspiration :-D xx

Posted 10.24.13 Reply
  8. I LOVE the matte gray color. I’ve been trying to find a salon that has that color in gel form. Wish me luck!

Posted 10.22.13 Reply
  9. Matte grey – ridiculously chic

Posted 10.17.13 Reply
  10. Love the matt finish!
    I have got to get a bottle of matt finish nail polish.
    Keep on blogging!!!
    xoxo diamondsecrets

Posted 10.17.13 Reply
  11. I’ve never used a matte top coat but OPI has one. Have you tried it before and did you like it?

Posted 10.15.13 Reply
  12. love these nail polish colours :)

Posted 10.15.13 Reply
  13. avantablo wrote:

I’m obsessed with grays! Those are great colors!

Posted 10.14.13 Reply
  14. Awesome post! My blogging friend and I recently posted our favorite fall polish: http://ctocfriendspirations.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/c-to-cs-fall-nail-polish/
    I always forget about matte colors, they’re awesome! Thank you for reminding me how much I like them.

Posted 10.14.13 Reply
  15. msvrancean wrote:

Reblogged this on msvrancean.

Posted 10.13.13 Reply
  16. Siew Yee C wrote:

Nude will never go wrong! :)

Posted 10.13.13 Reply
  17. vestiina wrote:

Not a big fan of matte colours but the matte grey in the first picture looks AMAZING!

your text to show as a hyperlink

Posted 10.11.13 Reply
  18. I’m loving matte right now! I got a mini 99cent bottle of matte topcoat from Sally’s beauty supply and love the effect. I think a classic solid color is perfect for fall

Posted 10.10.13 Reply
  19. mcglamblog wrote:

I love gray!!!

Posted 10.10.13 Reply
  20. bahlbabies wrote:

I just did a matte grey but I am LOVING that matte black! And nudes! I change every week.

Posted 10.10.13 Reply
  21. Love it

Posted 10.9.13 Reply
  22. caidii wrote:

I’m in love with that dark green Essie nail polish! Anyone know what it’s called?

Posted 10.9.13 Reply
  23. The best is grey!! Beautiful post!!

Visit our blog!! :) :)
    Hugs!!

Posted 10.9.13 Reply
  24. Paro wrote:

Love your picks. The greys and matte blue-black specially. Very pretty :D

Posted 10.9.13 Reply
  25. Reblogged this on wannabestylinsomething.

Posted 10.9.13 Reply
  26. kholzhauer wrote:

Love the matte grey. Now if only I could paint my nails (especially that right hand) without it looking like I did it during an earthquake. . .

Posted 10.8.13 Reply
  27. Adore the matte grey. Any idea what brand or the colour name?

28. Reblogged this on #SundayNails and commented:
    From #sundaynails to manicure Monday we love these at home mani styles and autumn trend colours. I’m super into this grey look at the moment. A great blog read too!

29. ghazalehk wrote:

I’m also doing more of the at-home manis. I love the matte nail polishes… I need to try them out! I did a recent review of some nail polishes (butter & deborah lippmann):

Posted 10.8.13 Reply
  30. I love these, especially the grey matte nails!

Posted 10.8.13 Reply
  31. My favorite is the matte grey :)
    Pcandfriends.wordpress.com

32. rachelle wrote:

totally inspired that i ran to the store in search of a matte polish, thanks!

rachellesmiles.com

Posted 10.8.13 Reply
  33. I like the matte gray … :)
    Follow us: http://redlawfashion.wordpress.com/

34. Love the matte grey!

Posted 10.8.13 Reply
  35. Reblogged this on くらうど means cloud.

36. Vanja wrote:

I just tried Haute Couture Red by L’Oreal and I love it!

37. Clarine wrote:

Reblogged this on plage et soleil.

Posted 10.8.13 Reply
  38. http://yleniapetrucci.wordpress.com/ good!! check it out! :)

39. Amy wrote:

love the green polish

40. donnamh92 wrote:

I love matte polishes but never really see them in the shops.

41. mamoschini wrote:

They look all really pretty…especially Essie has lovely colours!

Posted 10.8.13 Reply
  42. Oh wow, these are pretty, especially that grey with the mug!

43. Shmoo wrote:

Wish I could get my nails to look as perfect as these! Love the grey matt :)

Lizzee xo

Posted 10.8.13 Reply
  44. Morning Lovely. The grey matt is absolutely gorgeous. You have inspired me.
    Tracey x

45. Hadassa wrote:

hey i want to get it.♥ its looking lovely

Posted 10.8.13 Reply
  46. They are all lovely and very elegant<3 I also love burgundy red, but black will always be my favourite(although I am not a 'dark' creature :)) ).

47. moca623 wrote:

Reblogged this on BAPology.

48. moca623 wrote:

I love the play on the French manicure in the picture! I’m thinking about a burgundy or copper type color this autumn. Any suggestions on brands that won’t chip after 1-2 days?

Mo at BAPology

49. Linda Z wrote:

Those mattes are really pretty. I love Essie’s Smokin’ Hot with a gold glitter on top. It reminds me of Starry Night. :)

Posted 10.7.13 Reply
  50. Lovely colours. Your nails complement the colours and not the other way around…

51. ashjett wrote:

Reblogged this on jettsetgo and commented:
    What a lovely compilation! Whole bunch of nailpolish styles to try. loving the matte gray especially :)

52. rachelle wrote:

Love this post, definitely going to request a matte polish next time I go in for a mani.

53. 1968erika wrote:

Republicou isso em Seja mais, seja você!e comentado:
    Divertido e feminino!

Posted 10.7.13 Reply
  54. Dark colors for nails are intriguing. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 10.7.13 Reply
  55. The colors are so pretty!

Posted 10.7.13 Reply
  56. I am really into gold nail polish, and copper :) Love metallics!
    Check out my latest outfit post :)
    Xo,
    Z

57. Shanna wrote:

Master Plan by Essie. Absolutely perfect for all the amazing festivities of the season!

Posted 10.7.13 Reply
  58. I <3 Lincoln Park After Dark by OPI and would like a jeweled-toned green to recreate the lower right corner manicure! =) I've never tried a matte polish so it would be interesting to do!

59. neasha1 wrote:

Grays and soft beige. I always think I am going to try something more funky and always chicken out! Maybe I should just try something different and stop being so Polish safe :)

60. I’ve never tried a matte but I am loving those grays

61. lucyyyd wrote:

In love with the matte finishes! Have you found any specific polishes you love for this fall season?
    Xx

62. shecando wrote:

Love the grey OPI colour!

63. Lydia wrote:

These all look beautiful! Sometimes I don’t like matte finishes, but the first picture with the grey polish looks great matte, love it.

@keiralennox

• Our blooming crepe myrtle + pink sunset skies. 💕
She was just a little baby tree when we planted her by our front window 13 summers ago, and now she’s as tall as the roof! #crepemyrtle #ihavethisthingwithpink #acolorstory #summernights
  • To file under Unexpected Wardrobe Staples: a snake print duster; I found this one at @topbuttons last month and put it in my #30x30remix as a wildcard. I wore it for the first time yesterday, and now I’m totally on-board the kimono/duster/light-and-easy-layering-layering-piece train! #ootd #instastyle #whatiwore #shoplocal
  • Hey, girl! 👋🏻 We have a handful of these hand-painted face vases available at @lasaterflowers that are perfect for fresh flowers, succulents, or even a catch-all bowl for keys and hair ties. (We all have one of those somewhere in our home; it may as well be cute. 😉) #floraldesign #shopsmall #summerblooms #flashesofdelight
  • I jumped on board with @kendieveryday’s #30x30remix! For the next month, I’ll mix-and-match 30 pieces from my wardrobe into 30 weekday outfits and share them in weekly roundups on the blog.

My first week of remixed outfits + my thoughts on the challenge are in today’s post at keiralennox.com. 👖
#capsulewardrobe #instastyle #ootd
  • Back to work after a relaxing weekend! But with *zero* tan to show for it; I’m never not fully-shaded and SPF’ed, wearing a giant sun hat and some kind of mumu situation on a beach.
☀️😂 👵🏼