out of focus

Since my resident blog photographer and right hand man left our blooming business, I’ve been working on ways to keep this place updated semi-regularly. {Admittedly, some weeks are better than others.}

So I’m working on cozying up to my tripod. Which is exactly as awkward as it sounds. Since I don’t have a remote-capable DSLR, I have to set the continuous-shot timer, run in front of the camera before the last warning beep, and pray for the best through 10 consecutive shutter snaps. All while trying to look cool and nonchalant in front of passerby, you see.

It’s a work in progress.

Out of 50 self-timed snaps yesterday afternoon, I managed to get one focused shot of my shoes. The rest looked something like this…

Don’t give up on me, friends. We’ll get there.

Photography tips welcomed ;-)

1. An easy way to get clear and focused pictures is to put something you have on hand (like a purse) and using it as a mark. Once you focus on that and set your timer you know exactly where to stand and still be in focus! That’s what I always used to do :)

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
  2. tinysun01 wrote:

Love the shoes

Posted 1.1.14 Reply
  3. farrah ka wrote:

Hello Dear, I tagged you in the “I love winter tag”.
    xoxo.

Posted 12.29.13 Reply
  4. pinkime wrote:

A pretty penny you have a great style, i woulden be so Happy if you check my site apinkattitude.wordpress.com
    Xoxo-Pinki me

Posted 12.26.13 Reply
  5. Linda wrote:

Aww, you still look cute Keira! I don’t have much advice besides shooting outfits on the weekend. That’s how Michael and I get by in the winter time (he works later than I do). Or you could find an APP intern to take your outfit photo. If I lived near you, I’d apply!

Posted 12.24.13 Reply
  6. DMgirl wrote:

It takes practice. You will get better, and in the mean time, the shots make for some great outtake posts! ;-)

Posted 12.22.13 Reply
  7. monzvoice wrote:

salute to the you. i must say i love those shoes they look comfy and theyd a few of my clothing items
    goodluck with the next 150 shots who knows might be less next time. may 149

Posted 12.22.13 Reply
  8. I’m in the same boat!

Posted 12.22.13 Reply
  9. You look cute in the blurry shot though :-) xx

Posted 12.21.13 Reply
  10. callmemimi wrote:

Ahh the joys of solo blogging. I end up begging friends and family so get in all types of crazy positions when my photographer is not available. I think you managed some “artistic” shots. Love em!
    X Mimi

Posted 12.20.13 Reply
  11. Sarah wrote:

But you look adorable in that blurry shot! I think you should just start posting your blurry pics and when people ask, just be like, “Yo, that’s my thang.” You would probably start a trend!

Posted 12.20.13 Reply
  12. Shannon wrote:

I feel your pain. I’ve had to stop taking outfit posts for now, I was getting so darn frustrated. One out of fifty aint bad :). Keep trying is right!

Shannon

Posted 12.20.13 Reply
  13. Amy wrote:

have a great weekend

Posted 12.20.13 Reply

@keiralennox

• Can’t make a downtown Bartow delivery without popping into @rafanatural’s beautiful shop to restock my coconut bar soap stash; ‘Relaxation’ for me, ‘Sandalwood’ for the husband. 🛁 #shopsmall #shoplocal #rafanatural
  • #mondaymotivation courtesy of this neighborhood truck on our morning walk. 😉
  • Doakie’s got those Friday feels. ☺️💕 #dogsofig #tgif #instagood
  • New motivational reads for my #werk stack, inspired by @larsbookclub. These are my favorite kinds of books to enjoy and then share with friends and my flower shop team. 💕 #bookstagram #larsbookclub #booksofig #goodreads #joyful
  • Busy days are our favorite days. 💕 Kicking our feet up after a long day and feeling so grateful for our special clients who trust us to help them ‘say it with flowers’ for all kinds of occasions. #shoplocal #shopsmall #floristlife
  • Kindness, always. 💕