crowning glory | 01

I have two go-to hairstyles: loose and wavy, and messy top knot. I pin hair tutorials like it’s my job, but I never make an effort to try anything new. Like, ever.

So let’s not get crazy and call this a resolution, but I’m hoping to mix up my mane now and then, master a few [easy] styles, and maybe share them on the blog in a completely random and noncommittal series, aptly named after the Pinterest board that houses all my good hair inspiration.

Kicking things of with the easiest of ‘dos: the throwback topsy tail, made modern with a little mess.

You can find simple instructions for this classic pony on Gal Meets Glam.  I sprayed mine with Lush Sea Spray for texture, then teased the pony a bit with a boar bristle round brush for extra volume. To finish the front, I quickly curled any fallen pieces away from my face with a 1.5″ curling iron, and gave it all a good spray with Elnett satin hairspray for all-day hold.

Next time, I’ll give the crown a good back combing for an extra boost before I pull my hair into the pony.

1. LLB wrote:

I just have discovered your blog… and I love it !

Posted 2.11.14 Reply
  2. Mégan wrote:

I love your hair ! :o

Posted 2.9.14 Reply
  3. modakanali wrote:

so lovely!

Posted 1.29.14 Reply
  4. whiskers77 wrote:

I absolutely love the effortless beauty of this hair style….will definitely try this look for school.
    -Hannah

Posted 1.25.14 Reply
  5. Breathtaking! I love it.. the top, the hair, how you’ve accessorized! Well styled dear ;D

<3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
    A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.

Posted 1.20.14 Reply
  6. Mex Alex wrote:
    Posted 1.20.14 Reply
  7. Christine & Shannon wrote:

I remember doing my hair like this when I was younger, good idea to bring it back! :)

Posted 1.12.14 Reply
  8. fayaae wrote:

Reblogged this on Curl up & dye.

Posted 1.10.14 Reply
  9. so pretty…might have to try that tomorrow and see how it goes!!!!

Posted 1.8.14 Reply
  10. pretty :) definitely making it one day

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
  11. How delicate and pretty! Will give it a try :)

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
  12. kourtney wrote:

Classic and pretty!

Posted 1.4.14 Reply
  13. Cute ponytail! Haven’t seen this before and I love it :)

Posted 1.4.14 Reply
  14. that’s a great photo!

15. marimarte wrote:

This is beautiful! This is definitely going to be my go-to hairstyle from now on, so thanks for introducing it to me!

Posted 1.3.14 Reply
  16. I know this post is about your hair but your sweater is precious!

17. kendylgrey wrote:

beautiful, I do this but with half my hair. http://kendylgrey.com

Posted 1.3.14 Reply
  18. OH! I was testing this on my sister yesterday. It ended up looking messy, but not the cool kind.

Posted 1.3.14 Reply
  19. Ugh, I do the same thing. I’ve let my hair grow out and don’t do a dang thing with it but let it flow or throw it up in a bun. Have you ever looked at The Small Things Blog? Her hair tutorials are to die for. It’s sick.

20. justaddtea wrote:

Very pretty! If you find anything good for super curly hair, let me know. :)

Posted 1.3.14 Reply
  21. iLove this look! So simple yet elegant!!

22. Love this look! I have always wanted to give it a try

Posted 1.3.14 Reply
  23. I love this look. Elegant and effortless.
    ~Anna

24. Amy wrote:

such a great go to hairstyle

25. gayazahari wrote:

Beautiful I love it!

@keiralennox

• The only thing that would’ve made this @bonappetitmag ‘white pesto pasta’ better is if @lallimusic was in my kitchen when I made it. (I re-watched her video as I prepped, which was the next best thing.) Guys, I cannot overstate the seriousness of my obsession with the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel. Most of my bookmarks on my phone are videos of recipes I want to try, and I’m slowly making my way through ‘em; kind of like ‘Julie & Julia’ but with fewer live lobsters and a little less butter.
#pastagram #bonappetit #carbcoma
  • Spotted this pretty blooming bush on our evening walk through the neighborhood.
Doak got a little *too* close to the smell the flowers. 🤣
  • In today’s edition of #sundaybaking, I took on @bonappetitmag’s ‘best chocolate chip cookies’. I watched the video first — if you’re not following the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel, get on it! — then used the recipe from BA’s website to guide me through it.
Crispy edges + a chewy center + brown butter + giant chunks of 70% dark chocolate = a pretty perfect cookie. 🍪
@moroccochris - I salute you.
#chocolatechipcookies #bonappetit
  • Clearance vase jackpot at @pier1 this weekend. There are so many great colors and textures in all shapes and sizes from $10-30 with an extra 25% off. ⁣
This was the ultimate test of self-control for me...⁣
I bought 5.
  • Saturday errand style f/ two #styleonabudget favorites from last summer that are still going strong: this gingham ruffle cami I found on a clearance rack at @target + a rattan circle bag I bought for around $25 on @amazon.
I’m killing the cost-per-wear game with these two. 😏 #whatiwore #ootd #summerstyle #stylefiles
  • 🍑