hands-down favorite hand cream

01/03/2014 11 Comments

hands-down favorite hand cream

01/03/2014 11 Comments
Tokyomilk Dark Shea Butter Handcream
Tokyomilk Dark Shea Butter Handcreme  in La Vie La Mort

As a florist, the condition of my hands falls somewhere between landscaper and mechanic. A good hand cream is a necessary luxury; without it my paws would be a rough and battered disaster. When my favorite salon {Spectrum Studio, for the locals} started selling TokyoMilk Dark products late last year, I scooped up a tube of the shea butter handcreme and now I’m helplessly addicted.

There are so many TokyoMilk Dark scents to choose from, but for now I have La Vie La Mort (white tuberose and jasmine) and Bulletproof (smoky woods and warm coconut) on regular rotation. The highly-fragranced formulas absorb quickly and keep my hands hydrated and protected. Bonus: I’ve also been using them as all-over moisturizers that double as a lasting subtle perfume.

Each fragrance is dark and deep — even the florals have an edge that keep them from being too sweet — and stay with you for hours. At $22 each, the hand creams are a great way to collect and experience all the parfums.

I also love the lip balm. Clove Cigarettes is my favorite.

• melonmintchampaign 01/07/2014 at 2:23 pm

jealous, jealous, i feel jealous to you. it’s very tasty to try….

• The Makeup and Beauty Bug 01/06/2014 at 6:34 pm

I’ve never heard of them. I’ll have to try them out. I love the packaging. Come read my review on my fave nighttime body lotion. http://themakeupbeautybug.wordpress.com/2014/01/06/sleep-sleep-and-more-sleep-shhh/ Thanks for sharing.

• Julia 01/05/2014 at 1:59 pm

Want to try this out! I’ve been loving Soap and Glory’s Hand Food, it smells super delicious as well :) However, the scent doesn’t tend to last on that one, so maybe I’ll pick this one up some time!

• keiralennox 01/06/2014 at 12:17 pm

Well now I’ll have to try the Soap and Glory Hand Food, too! :)

• rhiannon 01/04/2014 at 5:16 pm

i will definitely need to try this! thanks for the tip.

• pretemoiparis 01/04/2014 at 3:21 pm

I love how as a florist, you use heavily floral scented hand creams! :-)

• keiralennox 01/06/2014 at 12:17 pm

Ha! When I first bought the shop, I wanted to wear floral prints all the time, too ;)

• cyravelasquez 01/04/2014 at 2:42 pm

Might have to try this! Does it do anything for your cuticles? I’d like a hand cream that moisturizes both my hands and cuticles. Unless you have a good cuticle cream you could recommend? :)

• keiralennox 01/06/2014 at 12:19 pm

You know, it’s pretty good for my cuticles! I haven’t noticed that I need anything else when I use it. However, if you’re looking for a great cuticle treatment, I love using tea tree oil mixed with a little avocado oil on my hands and feet every night before I go to bed. It’s naturally antiseptic, and also really moisturizing.