comfort zone

{ Blu Pepper sweater (m.marie) | INC International Concepts Stretch Leggings | Bucco boots via Hautelook | La Mer Collections leather wrap watch (c/o) }

I could happily live out the rest of my days in giant sweaters and good leggings. By “good leggings,” I mean high quality ones made of substantial fabric for grown ladies; not the flimsy show-every-bit-of-your-business leg wear found in the juniors department. I know it’s tempting, but just, no.

I found these INC stretch leggings at Macy’s just before Thanksgiving — because, hello, comfy glutton pants — and forked over the retail price because they’re that awesome.  Now they’re on sale, so you can scoop them up for almost half of what I paid and pair them up with your favorite boots and chunky knits this winter. And I can get a backup pair (or two).

1. Sour Girl wrote:

I love this pictures, they are amazing :D look my blog http://robertagori.com/

Posted 1.15.14 Reply
  2. Christine & Shannon wrote:

This is such a great basic outfit, I need more sweaters like this. The leggings & boots combo never fails.

Posted 1.12.14 Reply
  3. Reblogged this on legsofheaven's Blog.

Posted 1.12.14 Reply
  4. fayaae wrote:

Reblogged this on Curl up & dye.

Posted 1.10.14 Reply
  5. xaviersd wrote:

Very cute! Love it

Check my latest collar on my blog: Weakness

Posted 1.10.14 Reply
  6. love this sweater

Posted 1.7.14 Reply
  7. It is so, so hard to find leggings that I don’t feel trashy and cliché wearing. I will definitely have to check these out! I have plenty of sweaters to match with them.

Posted 1.7.14 Reply
  8. Dayna wrote:

Reblogged this on Pretty Little Daydream.

9. functionallyfrivolous wrote:

Everyone should invest in some “good leggings” they definitely make all the difference!

10. rachelle wrote:

Love it, thanks so much for the heads up on the sale. I’m living in leggings right now, perfect for riding boots to keep my feet dry with all the snow and rain we’ve been getting.

rachelle

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
  11. giant sweaters and leggings with boots are the best!!! cute outfit!

12. Vee wrote:

Thanks for the sale info! I’m 30+ so I can’t deal with see-through leggings. I actually found some great ones online at Classic Shapewear. They are good quality, comfy and shape me nicely.

honeylemontea.com

13. LucyBre wrote:

All I ever wear is leggings, once you realise how comfy they are you’ll never stop wearing them!

14. MissTaNiaB wrote:

Super cute!!

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
  15. I just bought these leggings off your recommendation and they are heaven thanks

16. Stacey wrote:

Super cute! I just made a post about ‘grown up leggings’ too. My new faves are from Ann Taylor Loft (or The Loft, or whatever they’re calling it these days). I think I may have to go grab a pair of the INC ones though too!

17. Ashley wrote:

I feel the same way about sweaters and leggings, they are so comfortable! My favourite leggings are the pixie pants from J.Crew.

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
  18. I love Zara for leggings, I have bought a few pairs they even have pockets :) Steph x

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
  19. Loving your outfit! Casual but comfy. :)

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
  20. Leggings and sweaters are always the right way to go!

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
  21. I love this outfit! The sweater looks so warm! Sweater, leggings, and boots are the perfect combo! :)

22. Terri wrote:

I’m the same way. I have a pair of ponte knit leggings I got from Victoria’s Secret, and they are fantastic. Nothing can be seen through them, they’re cute and super comfy.

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
  23. Love your post! You can also try the Pixie leggings at JCrew; they are fab!!!!

24. rhiannon wrote:

love this look! super cute.

25. Veryyy nice look!!! love it
    xoxo

26. Elizabeth wrote:

Love this look! I have been wanting some higher quality leggings, so I may check these out. Question – how is the length for us shorties? One reviewer said she is 5’10” and they are a great length, so my 5’2″ self isn’t so sure! Thanks!

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
    • The inseam is about 29″. I’m 5’4″ and they’re ankle length on me. So they would probably work for you!

27. dressingd wrote:

Simple, easy and very cute. I love this!
    x d

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
  28. Love this outfit I feel the same way! A pair of good leggings and a comfy sweater is really all I need

29. Telma wrote:

Lovely outfit! I am looking for a sweater like that!

30. Amy wrote:

you look super cozy

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
  31. I’ve been the same way about sweaters this year (probably because, right now, the wind chill is -25!). I’m still a bit hesitant to wear leggings, so I stick to skinny jeans…but I might check these out at Macy’s if I can ever get out from under all this snow and ice!

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
    • Bless your heart! My Florida blood can’t even fathom weather that cold. Stay warm!

32. The outfit is sooo cute! it looks sooooo comfy!!! Thanks for sharing

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
  33. I love this outfit. If only I could wear it teaching!! Looks so comfy and cozy.
    Another solution to the “see through” leggings I like is purchasing the warm winter running leggings and wearing those. That way I stay super warm, and there are some that look more like leggings than athletic pants! :)

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
  34. oh my word. this is so pretty :)

35. ediepoe wrote:

I feel exactly the same way about leggings! if you’re able to get them in the states, Jack Wills leggings are excellent quality x

Posted 1.6.14 Reply
    • I just recently learned about Jack Wills. I think they ship to the US now, so I’ll definitely give them a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

36. Cathy wrote:

cute CUTE!!

@keiralennox

• The only thing that would’ve made this @bonappetitmag ‘white pesto pasta’ better is if @lallimusic was in my kitchen when I made it. (I re-watched her video as I prepped, which was the next best thing.) Guys, I cannot overstate the seriousness of my obsession with the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel. Most of my bookmarks on my phone are videos of recipes I want to try, and I’m slowly making my way through ‘em; kind of like ‘Julie & Julia’ but with fewer live lobsters and a little less butter.
#pastagram #bonappetit #carbcoma
  • Spotted this pretty blooming bush on our evening walk through the neighborhood.
Doak got a little *too* close to the smell the flowers. 🤣
  • In today’s edition of #sundaybaking, I took on @bonappetitmag’s ‘best chocolate chip cookies’. I watched the video first — if you’re not following the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel, get on it! — then used the recipe from BA’s website to guide me through it.
Crispy edges + a chewy center + brown butter + giant chunks of 70% dark chocolate = a pretty perfect cookie. 🍪
@moroccochris - I salute you.
#chocolatechipcookies #bonappetit
  • Clearance vase jackpot at @pier1 this weekend. There are so many great colors and textures in all shapes and sizes from $10-30 with an extra 25% off. ⁣
This was the ultimate test of self-control for me...⁣
I bought 5.
  • Saturday errand style f/ two #styleonabudget favorites from last summer that are still going strong: this gingham ruffle cami I found on a clearance rack at @target + a rattan circle bag I bought for around $25 on @amazon.
I’m killing the cost-per-wear game with these two. 😏 #whatiwore #ootd #summerstyle #stylefiles
  • 🍑