I like to keep my daily makeup routine simple, with a few important things in mind: (1) moisturization, (2) SPF, and (3) a little glow.
I found this step-by-step photo tutorial for Flawless Skin With a Beauty Blender by Once Wed on Pinterest, and tried it for the first time this week.
Before I got started, I moisturized with Koh Gen Do Spa Moisture Spa Gel (which I purchased on Hautelook for 50% off) and did my eye makeup.
Then, because I didn’t have all the tutorial’s suggested supplies on hand, I made a few tweaks using my favorite products:
- For starters, I love the SOHO version of the beauty blender sponge; it works just as well for a third of the price!
- If you don’t have hydration spray, wetting the sponge with water and squeezing out the excess works, too. [Sidenote: I purchased a bottle of Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray specifically for this routine, and I really like it! In addition to initial application, it’s also a great way to sooth tight, tired skin and refresh your makeup late in the day.]
- I used Josie Maran Argan Oil Illumizer and NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Alaska for steps 4 and 5, and Benefit Fake-Up hydrating concealer for step 6.
- For step 8, I contoured with Clinique True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer in Sunkissed and a kabuki brush. Picking up a darker compact foundation for contouring is on my to-do list.
- For cream blushes, I love FLOWER Beauty Creme Blushes (available at Walmart) and Urban Decay Afterglow Glide-On Cheek Tints.
I was able to get through all of the steps in less than 10 minutes, and I love that the results are sheer and healthy-looking. Like my skin, just… better.