freshly cropped

01/27/2014 39 Comments

freshly cropped

01/27/2014 39 Comments

clavicut with highlights

Chopping your hair is such a thing right now, isn’t it? I jumped on the bandwagon late last week, after I realized all those topknots and tortured ponytails weren’t a fashion statement; they were a rut. I needed a makeover.

So I waltzed in to my hair appointment Thursday afternoon and declared to my stylist that it was time to freshen things up with a good old fashioned chop, “up to here.” [Insert dramatic hand-gestures to communicate desired length, somewhere between chin and shoulders.]

We agreed to compromise with a healthy three-inch snip. “We can always take more off later,” she reasoned. But when she finished, I asked her to lop off one more inch, which removed the last of my layers and left me with a long, one-length bob that falls to my collarbone. Hash tag: clavicut.

• This and That | A Pretty Penny 10/29/2014 at 4:04 pm

[…] Lauren Conrad’s new long bob has me in a tizzy to chop my locks (again). While browsing her stylist’s Instagram, I found this faux blowout tutorial for long hair […]

• taking stock | 06 | A Pretty Penny 05/25/2014 at 8:08 pm

[…] of this dry shampoo powder. Thinking: it’s time to bite the bullet and commit to another healthy hair chop and some fresh highlights. Bookmarking: 50 life hacks to simplify my world. Opening: my new […]

• Jane Melinda 05/18/2014 at 1:18 am

I love this- I recently cut 10 inches off my hair and now its an A-line bob with a bit of wave. Its the best thing I’ve ever done for my hair!

• Jane Melinda 05/18/2014 at 1:16 am

Reblogged this on Highland Femme and commented:
    Similar experience recently! Chopping it off- 10 inches to be exact was amazing! There’s so many new things I can do with short hair…with the right products of course:)

• maybeilljustfallinlove 02/17/2014 at 6:24 pm

Adorable! Long hair is so overrated. It really suits you!

• Lindsay is Broke 02/16/2014 at 12:26 pm

This is way cute!! I love clavicut. You should be making money off of that somehow.

• christinainnyc 02/01/2014 at 9:36 am

The ‘crop look’ has been my go-to haircut for spring and summer. It just looks so light and clean! Btw, the style looks great on you!

• ~mod cupcakes~ 01/31/2014 at 11:40 pm

Ooooh I really like it. I was contemplating doing this and just today thought I’d grow it longer. Now I don’t know!

• whiskers77 01/30/2014 at 4:19 pm

I just did the same to my hair, it was always in the way and it feels so much nicer and lighter now :)
    ~hannah. http://survivinghighschoolwithhannah.wordpress.com

• The Short Cut | claireleighton 01/30/2014 at 1:28 am

[…] is a better word. I vaguely knew how I wanted my hair to look, but I got my inspiration from A Pretty Penny, who recently cut her hair. I really liked what she had to say about long hair just being a […]

• Alexandra 01/29/2014 at 11:00 am

Very cute. I’m a hairstylist myself.. And whoever did your hair did a very nice job

• claireleighton 01/28/2014 at 2:22 am

I want to cute my hair like this!

• lavbaj 01/28/2014 at 2:02 am

wow i love your new hair! i wish i could pull off short hair like that! and gurrrrllll your eyebrows are the most amazing things ive ever seen! xx
    Lavender xx

• SweetCandyDreamer 01/28/2014 at 1:49 am

Your hair looks fab!! xx

• healthyjeaned 01/28/2014 at 1:46 am
  • Erin E. 01/27/2014 at 9:12 pm

Love your new cut! I’ve been growing mine out for the past 2 years and I plan to chop it off in April and donate it. I waver about whether I’m actually ready to do it or not, but seeing cute shoulder-length cuts really helps!

• rlogreen 01/27/2014 at 6:00 pm

Soooo pretty- I wish I had the guts to lop off my hair! I I love the length!

• Camille 01/27/2014 at 3:56 pm

Love the hair !

• Amy 01/27/2014 at 2:53 pm

your hair looks great

• LucyBre 01/27/2014 at 2:05 pm

I always get my hair cut to a bob length then decide to grow it out, until I realise that it’s not growing longer but curlier and then decide to get it cut again. I’ve been repeating this cycle for the last 3 years :|

• vogueworthyy 01/27/2014 at 1:50 pm

Love your new hair! Looks lovely!

xoAnastacia

• The Fashion Huntress 01/27/2014 at 1:17 pm

Great length!!

• quintessentially kris 01/27/2014 at 1:12 pm

love the new hair! i just did the same with mine :)

• Lili 01/27/2014 at 1:05 pm

The new cut looks really good! And I’d rather have short hair that’s looking nice and healthy, than a long, untangled mane with lots of broken ends. I have a very hard time understanding girls who grow their hair very long and then refuse to cut it because they’re so proud of their achievement. It’s not an achievement because in all honesty, it looks awful! Therefore I welcome this new trend.

• Live2Inspire 01/27/2014 at 1:01 pm

Looks great. I am about to do the same thing!

• kazz1n 01/27/2014 at 12:26 pm

your hair looks lovely :) I’m waaaay over due for a hair cut and can relate to the stuck in a topknot/messy bun rut!!

• Holli 01/27/2014 at 10:45 am

Lovely cut! Is your hair naturally wavy? I really like the wave you’ve got!

• keiralennox 01/27/2014 at 10:56 am

It’s not! It’s naturally stick straight. I use a 1.5″ curling iron with Lush Sea Spray and lots of hair spray. I’m just getting used to a curling wand for smaller curls, but there’s definitely a learning curve ;)

• Brooklyn_Pride 01/27/2014 at 10:41 am

I love it! It looks great! I’m in a pony-rut myself… feeling inspired! Thanks for sharing.

• Lex 01/27/2014 at 10:24 am

looks fabulous! not just the length, i’m also lusting over the color!

• VitaSun 01/27/2014 at 10:17 am

LOVE it! Really suits You! And the colour is pretty too!

• Lynsey @ Eternally Wanderlyn 01/27/2014 at 9:59 am

You hair is so adorable! I love it!

• ranchcookie 01/27/2014 at 9:50 am

It is so cute :) Great decision!

• Anu 01/27/2014 at 9:30 am

Such an adorable haircut ..lovely!!

• bellegit 01/27/2014 at 9:26 am

Cute hair!

• divinemzm 01/27/2014 at 9:15 am

Lovely! I chopped off my mid length hair a year ago and haven’t looked back. You look great!

• tarafromtexas 01/27/2014 at 9:10 am

Cute Cut! I have a hair appointment to cut off some of my ridiculously grown out locks next week. I too am in the topknot/ponytail rut and am in desperate need of a healthy looking change.

• divorcedandsingleblog 01/27/2014 at 9:04 am

Looks nice. I’m currently in Thailand and really need a haircut, but am a little afraid to go to the local hairdresser.

• Jenna Tropea 01/27/2014 at 9:02 am

Love your new cut! I recently chopped my hair and I would do it all over again! It makes you feel like a brand new person!
    xo Jenna