quinoa breakfast bowls

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Don’t worry, I’m not going to turn into a proselytizing health blogger — two weeks of clean eating does not an expert make — but after the great response from yesterday’s Hungry for Change post I thought I would share my nutritious favorites now and then.

Starting with a simple breakfast that helped me overcome my morning chicken biscuit dependence.

I first stumbled upon quinoa breakfast bowls on Pinterest (of course I did) and thought, “who the heck eats quinoa for breakfast?

Schooled: Quinoa is a gluten-free whole grain that packs a lot of protein. It’s also a great source of fiber, iron and magnesium; so it’s a perfect way to jumpstart your day.

To save precious time in the morning, I cook a big batch of quinoa at the beginning of the week. I divide it up into Ziplock containers, and store them in the fridge so they’re easy to grab before running out the door. I take a minute to toss in whatever fixin’s I want for the day, and hit the road.

Pretend you’re at Coldstone and whip that quinoa bowl into a nutritious breakfast sundae with any (or all) of these healthy mix-ins:

• organic honey
  • sliced almonds
  • coconut flakes
  • cacao nibs
  • ground flax
  • fresh fruit and berries
  • Greek yogurt
  • cinnamon
  • a dash of raw sugar

1. Reblogged this on stoptheclockhealth and commented:
    Like the piture

Posted 3.25.14 Reply
  2. zhouyuling wrote:

hey would u mind to do the questionnaire no7 concept product:https://www.quicksurveys.com/s/Xm59Qys
    thanks

Posted 3.3.14 Reply
  3. From that point on, they will be receiving tweets from you that should periodically
    include links driving them back to your blog. Craft Test Dummies doles out candid reviews of new craft products plus offers an amazing amount of eco-friendly craft project ideas.

Posted 2.10.14 Reply
  4. Rebecca wrote:

Great idea – I have some leftover quinoa and will certainly be trying this! If you’re interested a few more healthy recipes, please check out my blog (https://www.bloglovin.com/rebeccabaldassarri)!

Posted 2.1.14 Reply
  5. Vee wrote:

This looks like a yummy and convenient idea! Thanks for sharing.

Posted 1.31.14 Reply
  6. I love healthy eating. ..

Posted 1.31.14 Reply
  7. Katy wrote:

Did you make your quinoa with water, milk or a type of broth?

Posted 1.30.14 Reply
  8. Never would have thought of this! Sounds delicious :) I’ve only tried to make quinoa a couple of times, and somehow, it comes out still too wet even though I made it by the directions. I’m sure this makes me sound like a total twit in the kitchen! HA

Posted 1.30.14 Reply
  9. Thank you for this post. I’ve had Quinoa in my pantry and haven’t done anything with it. It never occurred to me to have it for breakfast. I’m just glad I still have 2 baggies of strawberries from summer left in my freezer. Your photo makes it look so yummy.

Posted 1.30.14 Reply
  10. alisonsye wrote:

I am actually going to give this a try, I really am.

Posted 1.30.14 Reply
  11. Reblogged this on Shelby Martinez .

Posted 1.30.14 Reply
  12. Reblogueó esto en EL blog personal de Lorena.

Posted 1.30.14 Reply
  13. tessssv wrote:

Reblogged this on A bit of Everything and commented:
    …In health class we’re learning about good food and bad food….who wants a strawberry over a starburst?? This was a hard health class….haha

Posted 1.30.14 Reply
  14. zubi wrote:

Reblogged this on Velvet Imagination.

Posted 1.30.14 Reply
  15. bohoclub wrote:

Reblogged this on White Lies.

Posted 1.30.14 Reply
  16. this looks like the perfect kickstart to the day! thanks for sharing! will be a great recipe to add to my own “hungry for change”. xx – http://www.yankeedoodlesblog.wordpress.com

17. gayazahari wrote:

OMG sooo yummy! I am gonna try this tomorrow morning :-)
    Check out my Blog lovely ladys gayazahariblog.com

18. arleendee wrote:

this looks freaking amazing

Posted 1.29.14 Reply
  19. This looks good and it’s actually healthy….love it!

20. Chloe wrote:

wow that looks so yummy, I didn’t do very well today…I fell down at the first hurdle and ate chocolate for breakfast…oops

disneyandpizza.wordpress.com

21. eahlay wrote:

Great idea! I always have quinoa in the house so I’ll definitely try this. This sounds better than overnight oats.

Posted 1.29.14 Reply
    • I’ve seen recipes for overnight oats. I haven’t tried them; maybe I’ll give those a go soon, too!

Posted 1.29.14 Reply
  22. Yum that sounds (and looks) good ! :)

Posted 1.29.14 Reply
  23. Never thought to eat quinoa for breakfast!

Posted 1.29.14 Reply
  24. I’m starting to get into a healthy routine so I’ll be looking forward to more posts like these! Thanks for sharing! :)

25. Amy wrote:

yummy

26. elkee wrote:

Yes! As a Quinoa addict I fully support this recipe. I eat quinoa for breakfast, lunch dinner. Quinoa and Kale are the loves of my life! I cant wait to try it.

Posted 1.29.14 Reply
    • I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy raw kale! Let me know what you think when you try it.

Posted 1.29.14 Reply
  27. Yummy! I’m trying this recipe. Getting bored of oatmeal.

Posted 1.29.14 Reply
    • I burned myself out on oatmeal a few years ago. After eating it every morning for almost six months, I can’t even look at it now ;) I think you’ll like this as an alternative!

28. Alexandra wrote:

Sounds great! I do something similar with steel cut oats.. I’m going to have to try this!

29. hmfjewels wrote:

That looks delicious!

30. canberly wrote:

Looks really good! Do you prep in advance?

Posted 1.29.14 Reply
    • I do! I make the quinoa ahead of time and store it in Ziplock containers I can grab-and-go.

Posted 1.29.14 Reply
  31. Looks so delicious! I just made cookies using only rolled oats, bananas, walnuts and cinammon; completely guilt free snacking!!

Posted 1.29.14 Reply
    • That sounds awesome! I’m on the hunt for healthy snacks to satisfy my sweet tooth. I’ll have to give those cookies a try!

Posted 1.29.14 Reply
      • Yeh they are amazing. Just make sure the bananas are ripe and bake in the oven for 15 minutes! Enjoy xx

Posted 1.29.14 Reply
  32. L’ha ribloggato su Raguthi.

Posted 1.29.14 Reply
  33. yummy ! strawberries in winter though are a bitter illusion =)

34. Annie wrote:

Sounds good, I’ll have to try! :)