the one about the shoeless cobbler

03/13/2014 19 Comments

the one about the shoeless cobbler

03/13/2014 19 Comments

20140312-204713.jpg

People always ask me if my home is filled with fresh flowers. At the risk of killing all the romance, I must confess that most of the time, it isn’t. Besides a few hearty houseplants (that we rarely remember to water, bless ’em) there is little to no evidence of floristry around our home.

It’s not because I don’t love flowers; there’s nothing better to brighten your space and lift your spirits than fresh blooms. It’s just that if I’m doing my job well, all my flower buckets are empty by the end of the work week.

Last Friday afternoon, I stashed a few white hydrangea in a dark corner of the cooler for myself. I brought them home with some overblown roses, and made a simple arrangement for the dining room table in a big jar with greenery I cut from our yard.

That little centerpiece made me so happy all weekend!

I need to bring work home more often.

• Chauntel 03/17/2014 at 12:24 pm

Reblogged this on Working Girl Gets Hungry and commented:
    I love this.

• thattallgirl 03/13/2014 at 8:15 pm

Love it…white hydrangeas are my favorite!

• Carolina E 03/13/2014 at 7:25 pm

Beautiful you did good as always!!

• Girl on the Go 03/13/2014 at 6:29 pm

Beautiful!

• melaniejj 03/13/2014 at 6:08 pm

Reblogged this on melanie j .

• Sara H-B 03/13/2014 at 2:50 pm

There’s also nothing like walking home w pretty flowers tucked into your bag (like in your photo) on a nice day (although not so cute a week later when you have to throw out the smelly flower water and dead flowers bc you’ve been so busy )

• rhiannon 03/13/2014 at 1:48 pm
  • tylerhandmade 03/13/2014 at 1:27 pm

That’s cute. Its good that you sell out every week though :P

Tyler
    onelittleblackdress.com

• Ashley N. Dedin 03/13/2014 at 12:56 pm

This is such a true saying!! I’ve never hemmed a single pair of my own pants and I sew for a living… it’s a little outrageous at times but you’re right that “if you’re doing your job well” you are sold out and I have no time to sew!

• aprettythought 03/13/2014 at 12:47 pm

I love flowers and would love to keep them in my house consistently. However i have terrible allergies!. Do you have any recommendations for flowers that don’t really have a strong smell or something that will not make my allergies flare up( besides medication of course!).
    Thank you!
    -Kierra

• Von Simeon 03/13/2014 at 12:37 pm

Great bag and jewelry combo, btw. :)

• If I Had 100 Dollars 03/13/2014 at 11:30 am

Ugh, love fresh flowers in the apartment! they really brighten up everything!

• Talitah Sampaio 03/13/2014 at 11:04 am

Heyyy

Romwe INTERNATIONAL giveaway on my blog!! ❤️❤️❤️

Xx
    Tali

• Amy 03/13/2014 at 10:20 am

your flower are beautiful

• UF Fashion Files 03/13/2014 at 10:17 am

Beautiful picture! My roommate and I were just talking about how lovely it is to have fresh flowers around the house! They definitely make me happier :)

• gotthebeautybug 03/13/2014 at 9:48 am

I love your jewelry in this pic!

• Blueberry&Pinks 03/13/2014 at 9:41 am

Yes! I’ve just recently started to get flowers for my room, they make me SO happy (sad as that may, ironically, be) I love getting floral wafts if i’m relaxing in bed and waking up to them and ahh I’m a convert. and i love flowers! woo!

• HaitianBarbieK 03/13/2014 at 9:20 am

Reblogged this on haitianbarbiek.

• komarovstyle 03/13/2014 at 8:22 am

Nice flowers in white colour.