every girl needs a chambray shirt dress

A Pretty Penny | Chambray Shirt Dress

When I bought this little chambray number on sale at Kohl’s last year, I had no idea it would become one of my all-time favorite basics.

This comfy dress is easily transformed from weekday to weekend with belts, shoes, and accessories. I’ve thrown it on with flats countless times for busy days at the flower shop, but I’ve also worn it as cover-up at the beach, with heels and a statement necklace for casual business meetings, and over tights and boots on chilly days. It’s one of the most versatile — and comfortable! —  pieces in my closet, and it just keeps getting softer and better with each wash and wear.

1. domain wrote:

I comment each time I especially enjoy a article on a website or
    I have something to add to the discussion. Usually it’s triggered by
    the fire communicated in the post I looked at. And on this article every girl needs a chambray shirt dress
    | A Pretty Penny. I was moved enough to drop a thought
    ;) I actually do have a couple of questions for you if you usually
    do not mind. Is it simply me or does it seem like some
    of the responses come across like left by brain dead folks?
    :-P And, if you are posting on other sites, I’d like to follow everything fresh you have to
    post. Could you list all of all your shared sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

Posted 10.18.14 Reply
  2. I just reblogged this!

Posted 3.28.14 Reply
  3. Reblogged this on the heart shaped life and commented:
    I loved this post . And I actually found the dress. And it is so comfortable.

Posted 3.28.14 Reply
  4. Loved this post and today I was driving by a Kohls so I stopped in and bought the dress. It was on sale for $19.99! Thanks for this great inspiration.

Posted 3.28.14 Reply
  5. Reblogged this on and commented:

Posted 3.26.14 Reply
  6. FilzaAhmar wrote:

Hey there! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award http://cremedelavan.wordpress.com/2014/03/21/the-liebster-award/

x

F

Posted 3.21.14 Reply
  7. Posted 3.20.14 Reply
  8. Nikki wrote:

A chambray shirt is a must-have staple in every closet. :)

Posted 3.20.14 Reply
  9. Wow! I may need one of these! :)

Posted 3.20.14 Reply
  10. Very cute outfit! I love to put a bold necklace with mine!

Posted 3.19.14 Reply
  11. RadhikaJit wrote:

I love the dress! I have a black one that’s a similar style, but the chambray one is so cute! Might have to go to Kohl’s this evening :)

Posted 3.19.14 Reply
  12. I love this post and the outfit. I tried one on at anthropologie this weekend and wasn’t sure if I would wear it. I just got my birthday coupon in the mail from them. I’m going back to see if they still have it.

Posted 3.19.14 Reply
  13. muffinslayer wrote:

Pretty dress! Goes really well with a pop of red (like that bag)! All your looks and outfits are so inspiring :)

Btw, what size did you end up getting? My measurements are 34-26-36..will a size XS work fine or will a size S fit better? Many thanks for your help :)

Posted 3.19.14 Reply
  14. I love this little chambray number! Khols has great finds :)

letsfallinloveblog.com

Posted 3.19.14 Reply
  15. I absolute love it! Great match

Posted 3.19.14 Reply
  16. I bought mine at kohls last year to. Best purchase of my LIFE. And probably the most versatile piece of clothing I own. Love how you styled it!

Posted 3.19.14 Reply
  17. Target has one right now I just purchased. Can’t wait to wear it using your styling tips!

Posted 3.19.14 Reply
  18. What a cool outfit!

Posted 3.19.14 Reply
  19. Love this outfit ensamble! A chambray top is definitely a staple.

Posted 3.19.14 Reply
  20. oauxier wrote:

My chambray shirt has just about seen it’s last day. It has had just about every spill on it and also after about 454098 runs in the dryer, it is a little ill-fitting. I thought I need to invest in a new one, but maybe I will make it a dress instead…

Posted 3.18.14 Reply
  21. Dress and scarf; great. Metallic toe-capped pumps; fab. Wooden floor, really awesome ;) !

22. Elizabeth wrote:

I see those and always wonder if it’s worth it. Thanks for the information. I may go shopping today!

Posted 3.18.14 Reply
    • Totally worth it! I’ve worn this dress more than any other in my closet :)

23. Anna Marie wrote:

Love this. From Kohl’s too? Such a deal.

24. rhiannon wrote:

that is such a cute look!

25. Amy wrote:

i need on of these in my closet

Posted 3.18.14 Reply
  26. Love the this outfit! I absolutely love denim shirts, dresses, everything! Thanks for the share:)

Posted 3.18.14 Reply
  27. This whole outfit is adorable! Definitely going to pick up this dress tomorrow AND I have $20 Kohl’s cash! Score! xx

Posted 3.18.14 Reply
    • Whaaaa? You’ll get it for like, a dollar! And I thought I got a good deal ;)

Posted 3.18.14 Reply
      • I just added a post featuring this shirt dress along with a link to your blog! :)

Posted 3.24.14 Reply
  28. I agree! Chambray is the new black!

Posted 3.18.14 Reply
  29. I love my denim shirt, it is the best summer accessory…I am now looking on ebay for a dress!

30. elkee wrote:

I love Chambray….I have a chambray dress from Nasty Gal but it’s not a shirt dress more like a sun dress. Those capped toe shoes are divine by the way.

Posted 3.18.14 Reply
    • Thanks! These flats were a personal victory for me ;) They’re Brian Atwood, and I stalked them in a Hautelook Sunday blowout sale for 30 minutes before making them mine for less than $50. I wear them all the time!

31. alexnguyen wrote:

I totally agree! Love the accessories! :)
    -Alex of http://snippetswithalex.com

32. Mégan wrote:

I love this outfit ! ♥

33. Bee wrote:

I need this in my life. I’m admittedly a really lazy dresser, and I love versatile items that I can just throw on with some accessories while knowing that I still potentially look awesome.

I now need to remedy my lack of amazing shirt-dress, thank you!

Posted 3.18.14 Reply
    • You pretty much just summed up my style philosophy in that first paragraph ;)

• Bee wrote:

To this, I say: “Internet High-Fives”!

Posted 3.19.14 Reply
  34. budgetsai wrote:

I have more than one! So versatile!

35. jacbianc wrote:
    Posted 3.18.14 Reply
  36. I have one too that I am obsessed with! Love your sunnies too!

37. anonymous wrote:

Love it! I may need to make a trip to Kohls today! It’s on sale, too!

Posted 3.18.14 Reply
    • It sure is! I’m thinking about buying the darker one, too.

38. Reblogged this on Tanushree kadian and commented:
    A Must Have…

39. Melanie wrote:

I know your post is about the dress, but I love that scarf! :) Love how you’re making denim look so chic and dressed up with your accessories.