stick a fork in it.

04/09/2014 30 Comments

stick a fork in it.

04/09/2014 30 Comments

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

Reporting live from my back patio. In the jeans I’ve worn for at least 5 of the previous 9 calendar days. Eating peanut butter straight from the jar. Trying to form coherent sentences. Coming up short.

Y’all. I am so tired. That’s pronounced “tarred,” bee-tee-dubs, which is the extreme southern version of plain ol’ tuckered out exhaustion.

I’m going on record (the record being this blog because no one else cares) to say that the last seven days have been some of the most challenging of my short floral career. Not the worst, mind you, but nonetheless difficult. With the help of my godsend of a new employee, we powered through two events, a wedding, a prom and a basket full of everyday orders. All told we designed and delivered nearly 150 pieces.

Just the two of us.

It was equal parts exhausting and exhilarating to finish all that work on our own, but I think I can speak for both of us when I say we’re in no hurry to try it again.

I’m settling back into a normal routine this week, and trying not to panic at the sight of Mother’s Day just a few rows away on my calendar…

Anyone want to come work at a flower shop? ;-)

• blondieandthebeat 05/14/2014 at 2:55 pm

Love your blog! I really enjoy your “realness” :)

• misstinytalks 04/20/2014 at 11:36 pm

I’d definitely be down to work at a flower shop! :P All seriousness though, great work on the 150 orders! That’s super impressive! :)

I hope things get a little more relaxing now that the Easter holidays are almost through.

• Sandi Bates 04/12/2014 at 9:36 am

Love your blog! You’re a gifted writer, as well as a gifted flower lady! Btw, the flowers you did for Lisa and Steven’s anniversary were over the top GORGEOUS! Truly breathtaking!

• keiralennox 04/12/2014 at 12:43 pm

Thank you so much, Sandi! Your sweet comments always make my day! :)

• daniella 04/11/2014 at 12:48 pm

Love the color on your toes!

• keiralennox 04/11/2014 at 6:15 pm

Thanks! :-) It’s “carry all” by Essie.

• notrecloset 04/11/2014 at 5:20 am

Obsessed with ripped jeans too :D Amazing

• oaktownash 04/10/2014 at 10:05 pm

I am so glad to hear that someone eats peanut butter right out of the jar when they are too exhausted to make real food. “Tarred” is when you can’t even spread that pb on bread to make a sandwich!

Just started following your blog and I love seeing someone else that is in pursuit of their dreams, even if it means work work work.

• keiralennox 04/12/2014 at 12:42 pm

Haha, you know you have problems when you can’t even muster the strength to drag a butter knife across some bread! ;) Thank you for following and for the encouragement.

• Sara @ My Size: Healthy 04/10/2014 at 5:19 pm

Wow, that made me tired just reading it. I imagine owning a business is difficult and hard, very hard work, but I bet you feel more fulfilled than if you were sitting at a desk job mindlessly doing your work that you don’t like <—that's me. I'm a fairly new reader and I've done some snooping and the arrangements you make are just gorgeous! Pick out a nice reward for yourself for a job well done…hello bottle of wine?!…and make it good enough to get you through Mother's Day!

P.S. If I lived closer I would totally ask if I could learn the ropes, volunteer, because I've always wanted to work with flowers. :)

• keiralennox 04/12/2014 at 12:42 pm

Thank you so much for this comment, Sara!

• moldydaisy 04/10/2014 at 5:00 pm

Good job on the perseverance it took to get to this point! Don’t forget to reward yourself for doing an excellent job :)

• keiralennox 04/12/2014 at 12:41 pm

Thank you! There have been many celebratory chocolate bars.

• thenewstreet 04/10/2014 at 4:53 pm

I would LOVE to work at your flower shop. Barring a ten month old baby, and a few thousand miles across the pond, that is. In another lifetime :)

• keiralennox 04/12/2014 at 12:41 pm

Haha, that’s all that’s stopping you!? ;)

• jenbyjennifer 04/10/2014 at 9:10 am

I would love to work at your flower shop!

• TheTanTalk 04/10/2014 at 9:00 am

Wearing the jeans for 3 consecutive days surely indicates, that you know what it takes to get that ‘one ‘ thing

• morganrajai 04/10/2014 at 8:53 am

Love your jeans!!

• Mariana 04/10/2014 at 7:31 am

Love those jeans! Have cut mine as well in order to give new life to it ;)

• Amy 04/10/2014 at 6:28 am

I hope you can get some you time in to relax some more.

• runesandrhinestones 04/10/2014 at 5:56 am

I’d love to, except that means moving half way around the world! Comfy jeans are a must when you’re knackered, and it sounds like you have a great excuse!

• Juliane 04/10/2014 at 3:34 am

Hi Keira, nice to hear that you’ve overcome the stress and managed all so well. I hope you can relax now and brace your energies. Enjoy the Peanut Butter ;)

♥♥♥
    xoxo Juliane

• lucandrob 04/10/2014 at 3:05 am

you will do it! wih you all the best!

• AModernUkrainian 04/10/2014 at 12:45 am

We care! Cant want to see the pictures of the finished product!

• Scarleth 04/09/2014 at 11:12 pm

I totally understand you! I’ve been wearing the same tee since last Friday, it’s just so comfy… It will get bettter!

• keiralennox 04/12/2014 at 12:40 pm

Sometimes I think favorite pieces are like adult versions of security blankets ;) If you love that tee, wear it, girl!

• Traci 04/09/2014 at 10:29 pm

You’ll get through this crazy time! In other news, I have also worn a single pair of jeans for the past …at LEAST that many days. Busy people need passable jeans, I guess that’s our lesson! :]

• keiralennox 04/12/2014 at 12:39 pm

A good pair of jeans is a girl’s most reliable friend ;)

• Melissa 04/09/2014 at 9:44 pm