taking stock | 05

04/24/2014 26 Comments

taking stock | 05

04/24/2014 26 Comments

Making : lots of prom corsages.
Cooking : up plans for the flower shop. Big decisions ahead!
Drinking : iced tea, of course.
Reading: The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger. Multi-tasking.
Wanting: a Cuyana leather bag. Maybe the tall aqua tote?
Looking: forward to an upcoming beach weekend with C.
Playing: “Barefoot in the Rain” on Songza.
Wasting: mornings by oversleeping.
Wishing: my friend, LB, a speedy recovery from her recent knee surgery.
Enjoying: cool evenings on the back patio with C and Doak after long days at the shop. Summer, feel free to take your time getting here.
Waiting: for my Whitney English Day Designer to arrive. I think it’s going to change my life.
Liking: A Beautiful Mess’ IOS app. I know I’m late to this party, but it’s a fun, cute and inexpensive photo editing app for your iPhone snaps.
Wondering: what my friend, Lo, is going to name her baby girl. She’s going to be here soon and we’re so excited to meet her!
Loving: all the quality time I’ve had with family and friends in recent weeks. It’s the best way to recharge my batteries.
Hoping: for good news about a potential opportunity next week.
Marvelling: at the selection of vintage leather Coach bags on Etsy.
Needing: more time to prepare for Mother’s Day. Holy whoa, it snuck up on me, y’all. It’s only our biggest week of the year, so no pressure.
Smelling: garden roses we ordered for a wedding this weekend.
Wearing: Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black paired with Tokyo Milk Le Petit No. 2 Parfum. Layered together, they’re the perfect combination of wood, vanilla and floral.
Noticing: that timing is everything.
Knowing: the next few weeks are going to be intense and exhausting.
Thinking: about spending Sunday in my pajamas. It’s my last day off in the foreseeable future.
Bookmarking: the vlogbrothers Youtube channel. Thanks for making me smarter, dudes!
Opening: too many Hautelook packages. When you start receiving items you forgot you ordered, it’s time to evaluate yourself.
Giggling: at this Buzzfeed roundup of creep-tastic vintage Easter bunny portraits.
Feeling: excited, and a little anxious.

Inspired by Sydney, who was inspired by Pip!

• Taking stock .02 | luminouslyfe 06/12/2015 at 1:58 pm

[…] BY: Keira who was inspired by Sydney who was inspired by […]

• Greetings! I’ve been reading your site for a while now and finally got the bravery
    to go ahead and give you a shout out from Porter Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the good
    work!

• […] a little list-y inspiration from A Pretty Penny today… curious as to how I’ve been filling my days? Ponder no longer, my […]

• Summing It Up: | Sarah Sums It Up 05/01/2014 at 7:54 am

[…] got this idea from a blog I started following recently, A Pretty Penny, go check it […]

• CaliCrest 04/30/2014 at 1:44 pm

Gorgeous!!!

• therandomfactgenerator 04/28/2014 at 5:47 am

What a lovely picture. Really like it!

• Madison Rene's Life 04/27/2014 at 2:12 pm

love this! I just made a blog and i was wondering if you could check it out it would mean the world to me:) have a great sunday!

• bellafunkboutique 04/26/2014 at 9:41 am

Love your style! Thank you for sharing all that beauty :)

• Taking Stock: O1 | luminouslyfe 04/26/2014 at 12:51 am

[…] by:  Keira who was inspired by Sydney who was inspired by […]

• ms235 04/25/2014 at 10:58 pm

I really like how you’ve done this post! It’s a really neat way to process thoughts without being encumbered by too many words! *like* :)

• Loved the Language of Flowers – read and savoured the story with pots of (hot!) tea, having read the book in the middle of a Canadian winter.

• Carolina E 04/25/2014 at 10:38 am

I look forward to reading your post,you always make me smile.
    Have a great day!

• Amy 04/25/2014 at 6:40 am

Iced tea is prefect for spring and summer time

• Sophie 04/25/2014 at 6:06 am

Love love love the sunflower in the bouquet, gorgeous picture :)

• scxrletxjxnx 04/25/2014 at 5:38 am

Reblogged this on scarletjinx13 and commented:
    Pretty! Absolute need for prom <3

• lucandrob 04/25/2014 at 3:13 am

oh, such a great start on a friday morning to read this post! Lovely, have a great time!

• Poojitha 04/25/2014 at 3:09 am

good flowers

• jaimeerebekahfashion 04/25/2014 at 12:04 am

beautiful!

• pazzesco 04/24/2014 at 11:33 pm

Loving the Cuyana Tall Tote and you’re adorable blog!

• Organizational Specialist 04/24/2014 at 10:12 pm

Appreciating: The floral arrangement pictured.
    Liking: the Whitney English Day Designer, how have I not seen that before?
    Wishing: You the best of luck in whatever is next, even if its just a well deserved nap!

• Jules 04/24/2014 at 10:12 pm

Omigosh, the vlog brothers have helped me through, uh, all of my pre-nursing courses. they’re the best!!! great list, as always;)

• keiralennox 04/24/2014 at 10:14 pm

I just discovered them recently and spent at least 3 hours watching their videos!

• jvfoust 04/24/2014 at 10:09 pm

what a stunning picture! love this

• Traci 04/24/2014 at 9:57 pm

Ah, I have also been wasting mornings by oversleeping! I guess we needed the sleep. :]

• Maureen Gardner 04/24/2014 at 9:36 pm