shopping list | 01

05/06/2014 13 Comments

shopping list | 01

05/06/2014 13 Comments
Spring Shopping List

Quay Harper sunglasses | Cuyana leather tote | Gap destructed sexy boyfriend jeans | Pour la Victoire Dagney sandal | RMS beauty lip2cheek | Essie Style Hunter nail lacquer | JCrew Collection shorts

In my quest to build a well-edited, workable style to take me into my {cough} thirties, I’ve started keeping mental wish lists of pieces I’d like to add to my closet. Like grocery lists, but way more fun. It helps me keep tabs on what’s “missing” in my wardrobe from season to season, and narrows my purchases down to things I know will get lots of mileage. I’m coming to terms with the idea of investments, cost-per-wear, quality over quantity, and all that jazz. It’s a far cry from my clearance-bin-loving, shopping binge fests of yore.

I guess this is growing up, you guys.

Since RAM is in short supply in my aging and overworked brain, I thought I’d make some space up there by sharing these shopping lists on le blog.

Kicking it off the things I’m hunting for this spring!

I’m all about easy basics that multitask, from an everyday leather tote that works for the workweek and the weekend (bonus points for color) to an organic “lip2cheek” beauty product that cuts my morning routine in half.

Relaxed fit ankle jeans are my jam right now — all the better if they’re a little distressed — and I’d like a pair in white for the season. Cute printed shorts in a substantial fabric like jacquard can be dressed up or down, and JCrew has them in spades. On sale.

I’m also loving low-heeled stacked sandals for spring and summer; they give a little lift, but are comfortable and practical, even for us flat-dependent ladies. I’m on the prowl for nude leather ones!

And don’t even get me started on my obsession with beige sunglasses…

What’s on your spring shopping list?

• tribw 05/28/2014 at 7:14 am

that bag looks sooo perfect!!

• saravinario 05/11/2014 at 6:51 pm

I love the sunglasses! 😃

• NET-A-DRESSER 05/11/2014 at 4:55 am

Love white jeans in summer, and that nail polish is such a pretty shade! xx

• sweetspassion 05/11/2014 at 2:04 am

Lip to cheek, I’m going hunting for that right now!
    This summer, I’m sewing more sundresses so I can go twenty days in a row enjoying the sunshine/beach/lake/summer before it disappears, without worrying about laundering my favorite five sundresses. One down, nineteen to go.

• julieabrahamsen 05/10/2014 at 2:46 pm

i love it!!

• amybareham 05/09/2014 at 10:20 pm

I’m hunting for a practical, fun tote as well. I think it’s adorable when girls tie different scarves around the handle to accessorize the accessory – spices it up a bit, ya know?

I’m searching for trustee summer shorts and some tops I can wear from work to dinner afterwards. I’m adding those heels of yours because they’re cuuuute.

• lekioskparis 05/07/2014 at 12:48 pm

love it !!!!

• ontmotlhabane 05/07/2014 at 10:07 am

Reblogged this on ontmotlhabane.

• Juliane 05/07/2014 at 8:11 am

I love this Essie nail polish color! Bought it a few days ago. And the sunglasses are pretty cool by the way!

♥ ♥ ♥
    xoxo Juliane

• khandoitnow 05/06/2014 at 11:46 pm

I wish I could do white pants. I would just spill food on them :(

Also, do you have any fashion style bloggers that I would follow?

• from campus with love 05/06/2014 at 11:42 pm

I’ve been looking for the perfect pair of white pants! After years of saying I won’t wear white bottoms I’ve finally decided that it looks terrific for summer. Good luck in your quest!

Alyssa

• inredsquare 05/06/2014 at 10:39 pm

Reblogged this on Glamour Street.