taking stock | 06

05/25/2014 32 Comments

taking stock | 06

05/25/2014 32 Comments

Making : mini cheesecakes for a Memorial Day BBQ with friends tomorrow.
Cooking : umm, not much; lots of takeout happening at Chez Lennox this month.
Drinking : fresh-squeezed strawberry lemonade from the farmers market yesterday.
Reading: The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd and Gilead by Marilynn Robinson.
Wanting: a pair of tall leather gladiator sandals for summer.
Looking: forward to lots of summer dinners on the new grill C brought home this afternoon. Our old one has been broken for, like, ever.
Playing: Sam Smith’s new album, In the Lonely Hour.
Wasting: money on expensive chocolate bars from the specialty cheese shop downtown.
Wishing: every weekend was a three-day weekend.
Enjoying:  a few days of being completely disconnected from our business. It feels really good to unplug.
Waiting: for C to fall asleep so I can stay up all night watching Ally McBeal on Netflix. With s’mores. Because someone doesn’t have to be at work in the morning!
Liking: Sunday morning blueberry pancakes at our favorite cafe.
Wondering: where my copy of The Fault in Our Stars is hiding… I need to finish it so I talk one of my friends into seeing the movie with me.
Loving: LOFT’s curvy skinny ankle zip skinnies.
Hoping: we can make some vacation plans stick this summer.
Marvelling: at being nearly half way through 2014.
Needing: a new dishwasher, as the current one went the way of the aforementioned grill. I just can’t muster the energy or enthusiasm to go dishwasher shopping. Adulthood, blech.
Smelling: the sweet tea candle I burned this afternoon.
Wearing: an Essie mint candy apple mani.
Noticing: I have selective amnesia about Florida weather; I could swear it wasn’t as hot this time last year.
Knowing: I could probably whip up a good DIY version of this dry shampoo powder.
Thinking: it’s time to bite the bullet and commit to another healthy hair chop and some fresh highlights.
Bookmarking: 50 life hacks to simplify my world.
Opening: my new Whitney English Day Designer. Come August, my organization game gets a major upgrade.
Giggling: at celebrities reading mean tweets on Jimmy Kimmel.
Feeling: luxuriously lazy.

Inspired by Sydney, who was inspired by Pip!

• kally 06/03/2014 at 6:51 am

Just wanted to let you know I’ve nominated you for a “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”… http://fashionbride.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/very-inspiring-blogger-award/

• diybyamy 05/31/2014 at 12:12 am

This is such a cute idea! Loved the post and will be stealing this from you!

• gajamos 05/30/2014 at 7:06 pm

using cookies for mini cheesecakes is SUCH a cute idea!

Gajamos might write a cheesecake spinoff, we’ll be sure to credit you! Thanks for the idea!

• Poojitha 05/29/2014 at 6:21 am

Reblogged this on Poojitha and commented:
    inspiring:pretty penny’s writing

• CaliCrest 05/28/2014 at 11:01 pm

Love this post, such a cute idea!

• 26 adjectives | from campus with love 05/28/2014 at 11:02 am

[…] Inspired by A Pretty Penny. […]

• Poojitha 05/27/2014 at 11:09 pm

inspired: by your profile pic
    it is really good

• elleandexistence 05/27/2014 at 11:49 am

How far along are you in ‘The Fault in Our Stars’? You reminded me to re-read it before it’s released! xx

• keiralennox 05/27/2014 at 2:35 pm

Not very far! 3-4 chapters maybe. It’s driving me nuts that I can’t find it!

• elleandexistence 05/27/2014 at 2:54 pm

Fingers crossed you find it! Such a beautiful book though, I hope you enjoy it when you find it xx

• Natalie Timperio 05/26/2014 at 10:41 pm

What a lovely post!

• leahpietersma 05/26/2014 at 6:28 pm

Loved the way you worded all of that! A great way to reflect!

• Carolina E 05/26/2014 at 3:46 pm

Have a good holiday!!!

• stylebymolekor 05/26/2014 at 11:04 am

I looove this idea, will definitely be borrowing it for my new and budding blog too, hope you don’t mind? this was a fun and engaging read!

• keiralennox 05/26/2014 at 8:34 pm

Please do! I borrowed it from one of my favorite blogs myself. 😉

• Reese Speaks 05/26/2014 at 9:40 am

I have to start reading The Secret Life of Bees! I’ve always wanted to read it, yet I’ve never had the opportunity to start it (kids, work, etc).
    I also would love to wear a pair of high gladiator sandals! They’re so cute!
    I haven’t watched Ally McBeal in ages! Enjoy re-watching!

• keiralennox 05/26/2014 at 12:14 pm

I would be happy to send you The Secret Life of Bees when I finish! It’s such a great book. Email me your shipping address and I’ll send it over 😊 keira.lennox[at]yahoo[dot]com

• Reese Speaks 05/26/2014 at 12:16 pm

Wow! Thanks so much! You are so nice to do this for me! :)

• Prep and Style 05/26/2014 at 7:24 am

I love this idea and as i’m starting out my blog I think this is a great way to share a bit of myself with the other bloggers :) I’m going to do this right now! you’ve inspired me !

• Book Club Mom 05/26/2014 at 7:06 am

Loved The Fault in Our Stars – looking forward to the movie!

• Amy 05/26/2014 at 5:30 am

Have a great Memorial Day

• subramanisujith 05/25/2014 at 10:12 pm

Reblogged this on My Blog food and commented:
    for a Memorial Day BBQ with friends tomorrow.
    Cooking : umm, not much; lots of takeout happening at Chez Lennox

• from campus with love 05/25/2014 at 9:48 pm

This was a really fun post! If you don’t mind I would love to borrow the idea as well for something similar – you’ve inspired me!

Alyssa

• keiralennox 05/26/2014 at 8:35 pm

Please, borrow away! I borrowed it myself :-)

• Valerie 05/25/2014 at 8:44 pm

The thought of hand washing dishes is enough to motivate me to go dishwasher shopping. I hate doing dishes! And I don’t remember it being this hot in Florida at this time last year either.

• keiralennox 05/26/2014 at 8:36 pm

Ugh, I hear you. Hence all the takeout lately, precisely to avoid hand washing dishes.

• Organizational Specialist 05/25/2014 at 8:42 pm

Wishing: I understood html tags better.

• Organizational Specialist 05/25/2014 at 8:38 pm

Surmising: you would like Neuhaus Chocolates.
    Regretting: reading The Fault in Our Stars while hormonal.
    Adoring: another awesome post.

• rachderv 05/25/2014 at 8:23 pm

So creative!

• UF Fashion Files 05/25/2014 at 8:11 pm

What a cute post idea! I may have to borrow ;), if that’s alright. The Secret Life of Bees is one of my favorite books—I hope you love it, too.

And I completely agree with you about the Florida weather; it’s been unusually hot lately!

xx,
    Michelle
    UF Fashion Files

• keiralennox 05/26/2014 at 8:36 pm

Definitely feel free to borrow! I borrowed it myself. I’m about 3/4 of the way through the book and I really love it!