Quick Tip: How to Clean Brass Jewelry

07/10/2014 25 Comments

Quick Tip: How to Clean Brass Jewelry

07/10/2014 25 Comments

A Pretty Penny - How to Clean Brass Alex & Ani Bracelets C started an Alex & Ani collection for me about a year ago, and every now and then he surprises me with a new one. I love that each bracelet comes with a special meaning; everyone’s stack tells a little story about who they are. After several months of daily wear, my brass Alex & Ani bracelets started to tarnish and leave black marks on my wrist. I was super bummed and thought they were ruined, until I learned this simple trick from a friend on Facebook. A Pretty Penny - How to Clean Brass Alex & Ani Bracelets You’re going to need some ketchup. If you don’t have any in the fridge, take this opportunity to make a trip to Chik-fil-A for waffle fries and pick up a pack or twoI mean, any excuse for waffle fries is a good excuse, amiright? A Pretty Penny - How to Clean Brass Alex & Ani Bracelets - BEFORE Cover each brass bracelet in a thin layer of ketchup, and let them sit for a minute or two on a clean cloth. Then, using another clean cloth, carefully wipe it all off. A Pretty Penny - How to Clean Brass Alex & Ani Bracelets Quickly run the bracelets under warm water to remove any remaining ketchup and dry them completely, and voilá! Good as new. A Pretty Penny - How to Clean Brass Alex & Ani Bracelets - AFTER Update: Use this trick sparingly and pay close attention to your pieces as you clean them. While ketchup is an effective brass polisher, Alex & Ani sent me a friendly tweet to warn that it could damage the finish. So exercise a little caution. :)

• salamov rijadic 03/24/2017 at 10:33 am

Great, initially did not believe it but it turned out to be very helpful tips

• […] Recipe Source: keiralennox.com […]

• […] Recipe Source: keiralennox.com […]

• 11 DIY Jewelry Cleaner 02/25/2016 at 7:55 am

[…] Recipe Source: keiralennox.com […]

• Glossy Cleaners 12/01/2015 at 8:59 am

WOW! Amazing! I have no idea that this is possible. I am going to try it immediately. Thank you for sharing it. I am so glad when I learnt something new. Best regards!

• Vicki Watson 11/19/2015 at 8:09 am

It is so nice that you shared this trick with us, Keira! I didn’t know how to clean my brass jewellery until I read your post. Best regards

• Janice Hunter 10/27/2015 at 10:18 am

I can`t believe my eyes! Ketchup cleaned my bracelet , too. I have tried this idea and I am really surprised. I am going to clean all my jewelries. Thank you for sharinh such an interesting method! Best regards!

• Lara Tomas 06/11/2015 at 9:04 am

What a great idea! I have a couple of brass bracelets that just need cleaning and I’ll try this way. But can I clean some silver rings with a ketchup too? Thanks for the post!

• Drew 06/02/2015 at 1:31 pm

My favorite part of the directions is when you get to go get waffle fries. I have ketchup in my fridge but I’m pretty sure chick-fil-a ketchup works better. Thanks for sharing this great tip!

• Charlene 11/20/2014 at 11:40 pm

I was skeptical but.this totally works!!! Thx so much for posting *)

• Diamond Engagement Rings 09/25/2014 at 11:07 am

This made me laugh! never knew something so simple could work so well! -Juliet

• smithkassidy 07/19/2014 at 2:25 am

This was so helpful! Thanks!

• demsy24 07/17/2014 at 8:51 am

Reblogged this on infomarkets and commented:
    LETS TAKE A LOOK A THIS

• moonlightchai 07/14/2014 at 6:46 pm

Love Alex and Ani! Who would have thought ketchup? Interesting read!
    moonlightchai.com

• largerfeldenthusiast 07/13/2014 at 5:23 am

hey i love your blog please could you check my new one out- largerfeldentusiast.wordpress.com thankyou x

• indiemistress 07/11/2014 at 3:39 pm

This is perfect for me. THANK YOU!

• Party Planning in Stilettos 07/11/2014 at 10:34 am

wow this is great! thanks! http://www.partyplanninginstilettos.com

• yourfairygodmother 07/11/2014 at 10:29 am

Reblogged this on Your Fairy Godmother and commented:
    This is a good tip for you lovelies who wear brass!

• Amy 07/11/2014 at 7:39 am

Would have never thought to use ketchup

• maddieb 07/11/2014 at 6:07 am

so useful thank you! check out my blog http://www.madeleineb.com

• thefashionistile 07/11/2014 at 5:47 am

beautiful article… :-) follow me in my blog!!!

• Carolina E. 07/10/2014 at 8:38 pm

This is so good to know and it looks like new!

• hideorgochic 07/10/2014 at 6:47 pm

Wow I had no idea! Really glad I found this blog!

• kaymc214 07/10/2014 at 6:34 pm

My alex & ani haven’t been looking their best- so this is super helpful! Thanks so much(:

• Wow – what a cheap and cheerful cleanser – not to mention cost-effective too.