Quick Tip: How to Clean Brass Jewelry

A Pretty Penny - How to Clean Brass Alex & Ani Bracelets C started an Alex & Ani collection for me about a year ago, and every now and then he surprises me with a new one. I love that each bracelet comes with a special meaning; everyone’s stack tells a little story about who they are. After several months of daily wear, my brass Alex & Ani bracelets started to tarnish and leave black marks on my wrist. I was super bummed and thought they were ruined, until I learned this simple trick from a friend on Facebook. A Pretty Penny - How to Clean Brass Alex & Ani Bracelets You’re going to need some ketchup. If you don’t have any in the fridge, take this opportunity to make a trip to Chik-fil-A for waffle fries and pick up a pack or twoI mean, any excuse for waffle fries is a good excuse, amiright? A Pretty Penny - How to Clean Brass Alex & Ani Bracelets - BEFORE Cover each brass bracelet in a thin layer of ketchup, and let them sit for a minute or two on a clean cloth. Then, using another clean cloth, carefully wipe it all off. A Pretty Penny - How to Clean Brass Alex & Ani Bracelets Quickly run the bracelets under warm water to remove any remaining ketchup and dry them completely, and voilá! Good as new. A Pretty Penny - How to Clean Brass Alex & Ani Bracelets - AFTER Update: Use this trick sparingly and pay close attention to your pieces as you clean them. While ketchup is an effective brass polisher, Alex & Ani sent me a friendly tweet to warn that it could damage the finish. So exercise a little caution. :)

1. Great, initially did not believe it but it turned out to be very helpful tips

Posted 3.24.17 Reply
  2. WOW! Amazing! I have no idea that this is possible. I am going to try it immediately. Thank you for sharing it. I am so glad when I learnt something new. Best regards!

Posted 12.1.15 Reply
  3. It is so nice that you shared this trick with us, Keira! I didn’t know how to clean my brass jewellery until I read your post. Best regards

Posted 11.19.15 Reply
  4. I can`t believe my eyes! Ketchup cleaned my bracelet , too. I have tried this idea and I am really surprised. I am going to clean all my jewelries. Thank you for sharinh such an interesting method! Best regards!

Posted 10.27.15 Reply
  5. Lara Tomas wrote:

What a great idea! I have a couple of brass bracelets that just need cleaning and I’ll try this way. But can I clean some silver rings with a ketchup too? Thanks for the post!

Posted 6.11.15 Reply
  6. Drew wrote:

My favorite part of the directions is when you get to go get waffle fries. I have ketchup in my fridge but I’m pretty sure chick-fil-a ketchup works better. Thanks for sharing this great tip!

Posted 6.2.15 Reply
  7. Charlene wrote:

I was skeptical but.this totally works!!! Thx so much for posting *)

Posted 11.20.14 Reply
  8. This made me laugh! never knew something so simple could work so well! -Juliet

Posted 9.25.14 Reply
  9. This was so helpful! Thanks!

Posted 7.19.14 Reply
  10. demsy24 wrote:

Reblogged this on infomarkets and commented:
    LETS TAKE A LOOK A THIS

Posted 7.17.14 Reply
  11. Love Alex and Ani! Who would have thought ketchup? Interesting read!
    moonlightchai.com

Posted 7.14.14 Reply
  12. hey i love your blog please could you check my new one out- largerfeldentusiast.wordpress.com thankyou x

Posted 7.13.14 Reply
  13. This is perfect for me. THANK YOU!

Posted 7.11.14 Reply
  14. wow this is great! thanks! http://www.partyplanninginstilettos.com

Posted 7.11.14 Reply
  15. Reblogged this on Your Fairy Godmother and commented:
    This is a good tip for you lovelies who wear brass!

Posted 7.11.14 Reply
  16. Amy wrote:

Would have never thought to use ketchup

Posted 7.11.14 Reply
  17. maddieb wrote:

so useful thank you! check out my blog http://www.madeleineb.com

Posted 7.11.14 Reply
  18. beautiful article… :-) follow me in my blog!!!

Posted 7.11.14 Reply
  19. Carolina E. wrote:

This is so good to know and it looks like new!

Posted 7.10.14 Reply
  20. Wow I had no idea! Really glad I found this blog!

Posted 7.10.14 Reply
  21. kaymc214 wrote:

My alex & ani haven’t been looking their best- so this is super helpful! Thanks so much(:

Posted 7.10.14 Reply
  22. Wow – what a cheap and cheerful cleanser – not to mention cost-effective too.

Posted 7.10.14 Reply

@keiralennox

• Our blooming crepe myrtle + pink sunset skies. 💕
She was just a little baby tree when we planted her by our front window 13 summers ago, and now she’s as tall as the roof! #crepemyrtle #ihavethisthingwithpink #acolorstory #summernights
  • To file under Unexpected Wardrobe Staples: a snake print duster; I found this one at @topbuttons last month and put it in my #30x30remix as a wildcard. I wore it for the first time yesterday, and now I’m totally on-board the kimono/duster/light-and-easy-layering-layering-piece train! #ootd #instastyle #whatiwore #shoplocal
  • Hey, girl! 👋🏻 We have a handful of these hand-painted face vases available at @lasaterflowers that are perfect for fresh flowers, succulents, or even a catch-all bowl for keys and hair ties. (We all have one of those somewhere in our home; it may as well be cute. 😉) #floraldesign #shopsmall #summerblooms #flashesofdelight
  • I jumped on board with @kendieveryday’s #30x30remix! For the next month, I’ll mix-and-match 30 pieces from my wardrobe into 30 weekday outfits and share them in weekly roundups on the blog.

My first week of remixed outfits + my thoughts on the challenge are in today’s post at keiralennox.com. 👖
#capsulewardrobe #instastyle #ootd
  • Back to work after a relaxing weekend! But with *zero* tan to show for it; I’m never not fully-shaded and SPF’ed, wearing a giant sun hat and some kind of mumu situation on a beach.
☀️😂 👵🏼