Summer Beauty Looks That I Love

A Pretty Penny | Summer Beauty Bronzed Skin & Bold Lip

Bronzed Skin & Bold Lips: I think this is perfect for a weekend BBQ or pool party. The coverage is super sheer; pick a lightly tinted sunscreen, like COOLA Mineral Face SPF 30. I love Revlon’s COLORBURST Matte Balm lip crayons for bold lips that are easy to apply and stay put.

A Pretty Penny | Summer Beauty Glow

Glowing Skin: Illuminators can be tricky; I want to look fresh and dewy, not glitteryBenefit’s Watt’s Up is my favorite: the stick makes application really easy, and the cream-to-powder formula blends into your skin and leaves behind a luminous champagne glow.

A Pretty Penny | Summer Beauty Bright Eyeliner

Bright Eyeliner: This is really fun for a night out. You can create it with a bright eyeliner — Makeup Forever makes a great range of colors in their Aqua Eyes liner collection — or turn any bright eyeshadow into a long-lasting eyeliner by adding a couple drops of saline solution (the kind you use to clean your contact lenses) to a clean liner brush before dipping it in the shadow and applying.

A Pretty Penny | Summer Beauty Liquid Liner

Classic Cat Eye: A good swipe of black eyeliner is great year-round, but in the summer you can tone it down with sheer foundation, a hint of blush, and a light pink or peach lip. The trick is finding a liner that can survive the heat and humidity; my girlfriend who’s a professional makeup artist swears by Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner.

A Pretty Penny | Summer Beauty Golden Eyes

Barely There: This “no-makeup makeup” look is my favorite for every day: a simple golden eye paired with a nude lip and tinted moisturizer. I love Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Tenderheart and LORAC’s Little Black Eyeshadow Palette for recreating this easy natural face.

1. nice Make-Up ;-)

Posted 7.27.14 Reply
  2. amybareham wrote:

All these looks are so summery and fresh – I like the bright eyeliner one for something different!

Posted 7.22.14 Reply
  3. michiadams wrote:

love it!
    mixofmichi.wordpress.com

Posted 7.21.14 Reply
  4. Nicole wrote:

the bright eyeliner one looks really cool!
    lifevsstyle.com

Posted 7.21.14 Reply
  5. Love your blog! Fantastic make up looks there

Posted 7.20.14 Reply
  6. LOVE that Cara Delevinge makeup look–to me, that’s a staple summer look.

-Mikayla

Posted 7.19.14 Reply
  7. Love this! Including the specific products means I can actually attempt to create the look. Well done!

Posted 7.19.14 Reply
  8. I love your advises!! Thanks a lot!! I would appreciate a follow back!! I would love to know your opinions on my posts!! Thanks a lot!! http://Www.sundays4you.com

Posted 7.18.14 Reply
  9. Just followed your blog I love it! Recently just started blogging and would love it if you could follow me back! Thank You! http://norchesterfashion.wordpress.com

Posted 7.18.14 Reply
  10. I always prefer a more natural look myself but I love the pop of bright colour(s) that completely suit summer.

11. Reify wrote:

All of those looks are gorgeous!

Posted 7.17.14 Reply
  12. I saw on a makeup artist’s tumblr that she dabs castor oil on her cheekbones for that shine like in the top pic.

Her handle is loandthecosmos

Posted 7.17.14 Reply
  13. Keira, thanks for the tips! I am especially intrigued by Benefit’s Watt’s Up – I love the look of glowing skin, minus the “glitter effect”! Now if I could just wear a breezy straw hat to work, I’d be set! ;-)

14. vestitini wrote:

and i love this looks too!

15. Amy wrote:

so many great makeup looks

16. rhiannon wrote:

SO many gorgeous looks!

17. Telma wrote:

lovely post hun! I already follow you do you mind following me back? http://www.telmasimpleloveblog.wordpress.com

18. MaggieMay wrote:

I’m probably a no-makeup-makeup.

Posted 7.17.14 Reply
  19. nice content, lets follow each other :) you may like to visit my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/athenasaxena.ph see you

20. Posted 7.17.14 Reply
  21. Wow nice info. I love makeup too. You may want to visit my blog http://www.athenasaxena.wordpress.com

22. ta for the advice on sunscreen! x

@keiralennox

• Farm-fresh blooms in repurposed glass from @happysplacefarm. 💕 #farmersmarket #summerlovin
  • I bought a beautiful loaf of fresh sourdough 🍞 from @honeycombbread and there’s a solid chance I‘ll rip into it on the drive home. #farmersmarket #carbsarelife
  • @shannatrudell and I talk about going to the Saturday morning farmers market at least twice a month and never *actually* do it; until today! 🍑 #farmersmarket #summerlovin #fromwhereistand
  • We love a 5:30pm cocktail date so we can be home on the couch watching ‘Stranger Things’ by 7:00. 👵🏼👴🏻 #turnup #friyay #kindachill
  • Fiddle game strong at @nplus1coffee! Look how happy this lady is in her little spot of sunshine. ☺️☀️ #shoplocal #urbanjungle #crazyplantpeople #fiddleleaffig
  • Regram from @lasaterflowers :: The prettiest pile of ‘Quicksand’ roses from a wedding a few weeks ago. They’re a favorite around here. 💕