Get Outta Town

07/22/2014 17 Comments

Get Outta Town

07/22/2014 17 Comments

After a handful of postponements over several months, the stars finally aligned for C and I to sneak off to his parents’ vacation home on the coast. It was our first legit getaway in over a year; a Gaylord Palms overnighter with these amazing cocktails was our last out-of-town adventure.

We packed for a fancy weekend: visits to local museums; gourmet meals; late night cocktails at swanky downtown lounges…

When we got there, we opted for daiquiris at a beach bar in our swimsuits, burritos for dinner, pool lounging, and a rousing husband-and-wife shuffleboard tournament (I regret to inform you that victory wasn’t mine). I read a book cover to cover, took several naps, ate way too much frozen custard from the little cafe near the condo, and went to bed before 9pm both nights.

Plan B, you win.

And the Lennoxes are clearly ready for retirement living.

Every time we manage to get out of town, we swear up and down we’re going to make quality time off a priority. I’m all about a good staycation, but sometimes you just need some beach/mountain/forest/spa air in your lungs and a break from your everyday surroundings to really relax. Plus, I always end up doing something worky when I’m supposed to be unwinding at home; see: The Great Closet Purge of Labor Day 2013.

Here’s to working a little less, and running away a little more.

Thanks for a wonderful weekend, babe.

• […] summer was so good to us: the flower shop was much busier than I anticipated, we made it to the beach, C spent a week in Canada with his family, our friends had a beautiful baby girl, we celebrated […]

• rachelcarofano 07/28/2014 at 9:50 am

Love your hat! Where is it from?

• renata877 07/24/2014 at 10:04 pm

love this post! dying for a getaway! just stumbled on your blog – love it. do check out mine as well, http://www.canthelpbutstare.com

• preppyandfunny 07/24/2014 at 7:10 pm

How cool are these pics! Look at you guys!
    So nice! Cheers!
    P&F
    preppyandfunny.wordpress.com

• SweetCandyDreamer 07/24/2014 at 6:48 am

Oh it sounds and looks like you had a fab time! :-) x

• divorcedandsingleblog 07/23/2014 at 9:05 pm

I like the bluish colour of the photos. It makes me want to go to the coast!

• moniqui22 07/23/2014 at 8:06 pm

I wish I was on vacation right now! great pics

• Feline Creatures 07/23/2014 at 6:38 pm

Hi Keira, I love your style! Sandy beaches and cocktails by the pool? Sounds like a heaven getaway to me! Have fun! :) Lena @felinecreatures.com

• Lauren @ Rustic Honey 07/23/2014 at 5:19 pm

Sounds like an amazing trip! I couldn’t agree more about physically getting away to relax and unwind! We just did the same this past weekend and it was way overdue. :)

• rhiannon 07/23/2014 at 8:39 am
  • alittlepenchant 07/23/2014 at 5:33 am

Looks fabulous. The colour of the sky!

• thefashionistile 07/23/2014 at 4:35 am

Beautiful pictures!

• YasminCMoxamed 07/22/2014 at 10:18 pm

Such nice pictures :)

• ggastevich 07/22/2014 at 8:23 pm

I love this! My boyfriend and I took a vacation together this summer…he always wants to “do” things, get out and explore, whereas I’m totally content just eating good food and watching movies in bed. I figure, it’s a vacation; you’re supposed to relax! It’s always good to strike a compromise though, because I got to do things that I normally wouldn’t have and he got some much-needed down time. Sounds like you had the best of both worlds on this trip!

Love, Gigi
    Dolce and Gabriella

• Suezanne Westman 07/22/2014 at 8:08 pm

Love the color of your watch. Did not see were u got it. Glad u finally got some together time. Cheers to many more.

Sent from my iPhone

• Marika Bentzen 07/22/2014 at 4:59 pm

Beautiful pictures!

• Amy 07/22/2014 at 4:22 pm

glad you had a great getaway