Get Outta Town

After a handful of postponements over several months, the stars finally aligned for C and I to sneak off to his parents’ vacation home on the coast. It was our first legit getaway in over a year; a Gaylord Palms overnighter with these amazing cocktails was our last out-of-town adventure.

We packed for a fancy weekend: visits to local museums; gourmet meals; late night cocktails at swanky downtown lounges…

When we got there, we opted for daiquiris at a beach bar in our swimsuits, burritos for dinner, pool lounging, and a rousing husband-and-wife shuffleboard tournament (I regret to inform you that victory wasn’t mine). I read a book cover to cover, took several naps, ate way too much frozen custard from the little cafe near the condo, and went to bed before 9pm both nights.

Plan B, you win.

And the Lennoxes are clearly ready for retirement living.

Every time we manage to get out of town, we swear up and down we’re going to make quality time off a priority. I’m all about a good staycation, but sometimes you just need some beach/mountain/forest/spa air in your lungs and a break from your everyday surroundings to really relax. Plus, I always end up doing something worky when I’m supposed to be unwinding at home; see: The Great Closet Purge of Labor Day 2013.

Here’s to working a little less, and running away a little more.

Thanks for a wonderful weekend, babe.

1. Love your hat! Where is it from?

Posted 7.28.14 Reply
  2. renata877 wrote:

love this post! dying for a getaway! just stumbled on your blog – love it. do check out mine as well, http://www.canthelpbutstare.com

Posted 7.24.14 Reply
  3. How cool are these pics! Look at you guys!
    So nice! Cheers!
    P&F
    preppyandfunny.wordpress.com

Posted 7.24.14 Reply
  4. Oh it sounds and looks like you had a fab time! :-) x

Posted 7.24.14 Reply
  5. I like the bluish colour of the photos. It makes me want to go to the coast!

Posted 7.23.14 Reply
  6. moniqui22 wrote:

I wish I was on vacation right now! great pics

Posted 7.23.14 Reply
  7. Hi Keira, I love your style! Sandy beaches and cocktails by the pool? Sounds like a heaven getaway to me! Have fun! :) Lena @felinecreatures.com

Posted 7.23.14 Reply
  8. Sounds like an amazing trip! I couldn’t agree more about physically getting away to relax and unwind! We just did the same this past weekend and it was way overdue. :)

Posted 7.23.14 Reply
  9. rhiannon wrote:
    Posted 7.23.14 Reply
  10. Looks fabulous. The colour of the sky!

Posted 7.23.14 Reply
  11. Beautiful pictures!

Posted 7.23.14 Reply
  12. Such nice pictures :)

Posted 7.22.14 Reply
  13. ggastevich wrote:

I love this! My boyfriend and I took a vacation together this summer…he always wants to “do” things, get out and explore, whereas I’m totally content just eating good food and watching movies in bed. I figure, it’s a vacation; you’re supposed to relax! It’s always good to strike a compromise though, because I got to do things that I normally wouldn’t have and he got some much-needed down time. Sounds like you had the best of both worlds on this trip!

Love, Gigi
    Dolce and Gabriella

Posted 7.22.14 Reply
  14. Suezanne Westman wrote:

Love the color of your watch. Did not see were u got it. Glad u finally got some together time. Cheers to many more.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted 7.22.14 Reply
  15. Beautiful pictures!

Posted 7.22.14 Reply
  16. Amy wrote:

glad you had a great getaway

Posted 7.22.14 Reply

@keiralennox

• The only thing that would’ve made this @bonappetitmag ‘white pesto pasta’ better is if @lallimusic was in my kitchen when I made it. (I re-watched her video as I prepped, which was the next best thing.) Guys, I cannot overstate the seriousness of my obsession with the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel. Most of my bookmarks on my phone are videos of recipes I want to try, and I’m slowly making my way through ‘em; kind of like ‘Julie & Julia’ but with fewer live lobsters and a little less butter.
#pastagram #bonappetit #carbcoma
  • Spotted this pretty blooming bush on our evening walk through the neighborhood.
Doak got a little *too* close to the smell the flowers. 🤣
  • In today’s edition of #sundaybaking, I took on @bonappetitmag’s ‘best chocolate chip cookies’. I watched the video first — if you’re not following the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel, get on it! — then used the recipe from BA’s website to guide me through it.
Crispy edges + a chewy center + brown butter + giant chunks of 70% dark chocolate = a pretty perfect cookie. 🍪
@moroccochris - I salute you.
#chocolatechipcookies #bonappetit
  • Clearance vase jackpot at @pier1 this weekend. There are so many great colors and textures in all shapes and sizes from $10-30 with an extra 25% off. ⁣
This was the ultimate test of self-control for me...⁣
I bought 5.
  • Saturday errand style f/ two #styleonabudget favorites from last summer that are still going strong: this gingham ruffle cami I found on a clearance rack at @target + a rattan circle bag I bought for around $25 on @amazon.
I’m killing the cost-per-wear game with these two. 😏 #whatiwore #ootd #summerstyle #stylefiles
  • 🍑