In the Details: JORD Wood Watch

A Pretty Penny - JORD Ely Wood Watch
{ JORD Ely Series Maple Watch (c/o)}

As I get older and my style gets less fussy, I’m really into the idea of investment statement pieces that get a lot of everyday mileage: a great leather handbag, simple stud earrings, delicate gold necklaces; little details that speak to your style and live with you for years.

Like a really good watch.

JORD contacted me recently about their line of eco-friendly wood watches and kindly offered to send one. I thought the maple Ely series would be a good fit for me: the compact design wouldn’t overpower my wrist, the neutral color would go with just about everything, and the scratch-proof face just might survive the flower shop.

When the watch arrived a few days later, it was love at first sight. It’s incredibly lightweight, making it super comfortable for everyday wear, and the maple finish is really beautiful. It’s a modern take on a classic style, and I’ve worn it every day since.

1. miafshaw wrote:

Reblogged this on miafshaw and commented:
    Love these!

Posted 10.19.14 Reply
  2. Reblogged this on Henry Craft Jewels and commented:
    Never heard of wood watch before, this one looks really chic and exquisite! It should be more comfortable than wearing metal watches. Love it so much!!

Posted 8.7.14 Reply
  3. cfsmis04 wrote:

Beautiful watch!

Posted 8.6.14 Reply
  4. This is a fantastic and simple watch. I have one very similar from WeWood, it’s comfortable, sustainable and I get so many comments about it.

Posted 8.3.14 Reply
  5. sfn4 wrote:

Love the simple classic style

Posted 8.3.14 Reply
  6. Sustainable fashion is definitely something to promote!

Posted 8.2.14 Reply
  7. Classic, quality pieces always make everything look chic and luxurious! Love the watch, it’s gorgeous! Visit me at http://www.thehedonistavista.wordpress.com for fashion/food/travel and lifestyle – I’m a bit of a newbie so i’d appreciate a follow, if you like what you see, that is! Keep writing! x

Posted 8.2.14 Reply
  8. Loving this watch! Something different and original! :D
    check out my blog if you like http://christinaviola.com

Posted 8.2.14 Reply
  9. ggastevich wrote:

Oh this is such a nice watch. I have the same mindset when it comes to accessories…I’d rather buy one that is perfect and lasts forever. I especially love wood because of how it feels on the skin. It’s not cold like metal.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Love, Gigi
    Dolce and Gabriella

Posted 8.2.14 Reply
  10. piezloves wrote:

Love this wood watch!! My boyfriend has a similar concept with phone cases – http://www.mod-case.com. Love your blog by the way! x

Posted 8.2.14 Reply
  11. TheTanTalk wrote:

Really fond of the neutral and the wood look

Posted 8.2.14 Reply
  12. mianpup wrote:

I am loving this. It is so versatile!

Posted 8.2.14 Reply
  13. Investing in good quality pieces is totally worth saving up for instead of spending all of your money on things a month or so out will fade, tear, wear out. I took have learned this and now appreciate quality over quantity.

Posted 8.2.14 Reply
  14. When someone writes an piece of writing he/she maintains the plan of a
    user in his/her brain that how a user can know it. So that’s why this post is amazing.

Thanks!

Posted 8.1.14 Reply
  15. Totally agree with you on searching for good statement pieces! ;)

Posted 8.1.14 Reply
  16. Youtu.be wrote:

I couldn’t resist commenting. Perfectly written!

Posted 8.1.14 Reply
  17. This post will help the internet visitors for creating new webpage or even a blog from
    start to end.

Posted 8.1.14 Reply
  18. Love the watch! And your style.

Posted 8.1.14 Reply
  19. Loooooove that!

Posted 8.1.14 Reply
  20. A wood watch! What a great idea! I never heard about that before!

Posted 8.1.14 Reply
  21. Lovely watch!! <3

Posted 8.1.14 Reply

@keiralennox

• Can’t make a downtown Bartow delivery without popping into @rafanatural’s beautiful shop to restock my coconut bar soap stash; ‘Relaxation’ for me, ‘Sandalwood’ for the husband. 🛁 #shopsmall #shoplocal #rafanatural
  • #mondaymotivation courtesy of this neighborhood truck on our morning walk. 😉
  • Doakie’s got those Friday feels. ☺️💕 #dogsofig #tgif #instagood
  • New motivational reads for my #werk stack, inspired by @larsbookclub. These are my favorite kinds of books to enjoy and then share with friends and my flower shop team. 💕 #bookstagram #larsbookclub #booksofig #goodreads #joyful
  • Busy days are our favorite days. 💕 Kicking our feet up after a long day and feeling so grateful for our special clients who trust us to help them ‘say it with flowers’ for all kinds of occasions. #shoplocal #shopsmall #floristlife
  • Kindness, always. 💕