Hey, August, where’d you go?

{ s’long white jeans… see you next summer. }

I’m sitting on the couch in my sweatpants because I got greedy with the long weekend, slowly tapping out my first blog post in over a week (I’m rusty) and choking down a giant green smoothie to atone for the sugary sins of the holiday (more on that tomorrow).

I don’t know about you guys, but it seems like I blinked and August disappeared.

This summer was so good to us: the flower shop was much busier than I anticipated, we made it to the beach, C spent a week in Canada with his family, our friends had a beautiful baby girl, we celebrated birthdays and holidays with our favorite people, and I tackled some overdue projects on my to-do list. It was pretty perfect, as summers go.

At the start of it, I decided to cut myself some slack. I took a break from blogging regularly, let tumbleweeds roll across my Instagram for days at a time, and skipped out of the shop as often as I could manage. I cooked a lot for C and me, read several books in the sunshine, watched two seasons of Once Upon a Time on Netflix, and went to bed early almost every night. Good grief, it was lovely; and it made me realize that maybe I really can have a better work/life balance if I just slow down and make it a priority.

The end of August marked the one-year anniversary of C’s job (I keep wanting to type “new job,” but nope, no longer applicable) which also means I officially survived the first year of running the flower shop on my own. I feel like there’s a blog post in there somewhere about the things I learned about myself over the last twelve months, but it will have to wait because my brain still thinks it’s Labor Day.

Now that September’s here, it’s back to business as we head into our wedding/event season. But I’m going to hold on to summer for as long as I can; at least a little of the work-less-relax-more part.

1. Thank you for some other informative site. Where else may I am getting that kind of information written in such a perfect method?
    I’ve a project that I’m just now working on, and I’ve been at the glance
    out for such info.

Posted 9.7.14 Reply
  2. Reblogged this on Highland Femme and commented:
    Summer is gone?? Cute heels are always in style!

Posted 9.4.14 Reply
  3. Carolina E. wrote:

It has been a quit summer and have I have enjoyed your blog with the beautiful colors and things that you have shared this summer.
    Thank You!!

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
  4. vestitini wrote:

Bella!

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
  5. Cute outfit! Love it! xo – Katie

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
  6. Love the shoes and clutch!

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
  7. Cute outfit! And I 100% agree, August flew by this year.

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
  8. Your outfit looks so chic! Love the accessories you used to dress it up.

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
  9. maiamic wrote:

It is a wallet or a bag?

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
  10. goreti95 wrote:

Love the shoes and the way you styled the whole look!

Posted 9.2.14 Reply
  11. Definitely getting style inspiration or this week – love this look!

Posted 9.2.14 Reply
  12. love your blog, and awesome shoes :)

Posted 9.2.14 Reply
  13. I feel the same way about August… Where did it go?? Here’s to a great and hopefully slower moving (so I can accomplish more tasks) September!

Posted 9.2.14 Reply
  14. I have read so many articles on the topic of the blogger lovers however this
    post is in fact a good piece of writing, keep it up.

Posted 9.2.14 Reply
  15. heeey visit our blogg!

16. cefashion wrote:

Great outfit!

Posted 9.2.14 Reply
  17. Definitely miss the summer but welcome back!

Posted 9.2.14 Reply
  18. that jean and shoe combo is great!

-mikayla

Posted 9.2.14 Reply
  19. Reblogged this on youcanbeperfect.

20. Monica wrote:

I’m recently hooked on Once upon a time too..is so good!!

21. Amy wrote:

congrats on running the shop by yourself. Glad you have took some you time.

Posted 9.2.14 Reply
  22. I love your style! It is perfect for conquering the start of September!

23. rhiannon wrote:

seriously! where did august go?

Posted 9.2.14 Reply
  24. I miss summer already! Very cute look!

25. Love the shoes!

Posted 9.2.14 Reply
  26. I am feeling a little bit bittersweet over the end of summer as well. I am ready for the sweltering heat to be behind me, but I will miss the long days that catered to evenings by the pool and then binge watching netflix. I was so enjoying my long weekend of relaxation I completely forgot about a doctor’s appointment I had this morning! Eek, back to regular life.

27. Love the outfit!

Posted 9.2.14 Reply
  28. very pretty outfit! :)

@keiralennox

• Our blooming crepe myrtle + pink sunset skies. 💕
She was just a little baby tree when we planted her by our front window 13 summers ago, and now she’s as tall as the roof! #crepemyrtle #ihavethisthingwithpink #acolorstory #summernights
  • To file under Unexpected Wardrobe Staples: a snake print duster; I found this one at @topbuttons last month and put it in my #30x30remix as a wildcard. I wore it for the first time yesterday, and now I’m totally on-board the kimono/duster/light-and-easy-layering-layering-piece train! #ootd #instastyle #whatiwore #shoplocal
  • Hey, girl! 👋🏻 We have a handful of these hand-painted face vases available at @lasaterflowers that are perfect for fresh flowers, succulents, or even a catch-all bowl for keys and hair ties. (We all have one of those somewhere in our home; it may as well be cute. 😉) #floraldesign #shopsmall #summerblooms #flashesofdelight
  • I jumped on board with @kendieveryday’s #30x30remix! For the next month, I’ll mix-and-match 30 pieces from my wardrobe into 30 weekday outfits and share them in weekly roundups on the blog.

My first week of remixed outfits + my thoughts on the challenge are in today’s post at keiralennox.com. 👖
#capsulewardrobe #instastyle #ootd
  • Back to work after a relaxing weekend! But with *zero* tan to show for it; I’m never not fully-shaded and SPF’ed, wearing a giant sun hat and some kind of mumu situation on a beach.
☀️😂 👵🏼