Let’s talk about Nutella frosting.

More specifically, this Nutella cupcake recipe from Gimme Some Oven.

Last weekend, we celebrated Labor Day and my friend Steve’s birthday with a lake day and BBQ. I offered to bring cupcakes — I will always volunteer as tribute for handling dessert — and since Steve is the only person on the planet who loves cupcakes more than I do, I wanted to make something I hadn’t tried before.

We’re all pretty big fans of Nutella (in fact, most of us won’t keep it in our pantries because we can’t resist eating it by the spoonful right out of the jar) so with a quick Pinterest search for Nutella cupcakes, I found Gimme Some Oven’s recipe.

I used a chocolate box mix for the  cupcakes (devil’s food, I think) and made the simple 5-ingredient Nutella frosting from scratch. After I iced the cupcakes and ate at least a cup of the leftover frosting, I chopped up some Ghirardelli dark chocolate hazelnut squares and sprinkled them on top.

Now I want to keep a tub of Nutella frosting in my fridge, like, always.

1. Daniel wrote:

I was a big fan of Nutella when I was just a kid, and stil continue to be to this day! I can eat it everyday, and in all ways possible. :D Thank you for a nice recipe!

Posted 2.22.15 Reply
  2. Mmmmmm Nutella <3 looking super scrumptious, will have to try and make some!!

Suzy

Posted 1.10.15 Reply
  3. This totally counts as a haute eat!

Posted 11.21.14 Reply
  4. averybeaty wrote:

This is the greatest invention ever, going to try it as soon as possible

Posted 9.30.14 Reply
  5. i m hungry

Posted 9.26.14 Reply
  6. These look delicious!

Posted 9.22.14 Reply
  7. geekgirl02 wrote:

Reblogged this on Nerdalicious and commented:
    I know, I know! It’s a fashion blog. But who says cupcakes can’t be ‘dressed’ too? Plus, Nutella is my brother. If he wasn’t my bro he’d be my boyfriend, but I’m already taken, by Oreo! :)

Posted 9.20.14 Reply
  8. dracipana wrote:

hummmm that looks delicious !!! YUM YUM ! Well done !

Posted 9.9.14 Reply
  9. stefik12 wrote:

Please read my fashion blog.. http://fashtenn.wordpress.com/page/2/ P.S. I Love this cokies…

Posted 9.9.14 Reply
  10. Aubri wrote:

Oh I should not have read this while I was hungry. They look positively sinful. Thanks for sharing!
    -Aubri

Posted 9.6.14 Reply
  11. Um, can we talk about serious craving right now?

Posted 9.4.14 Reply
  12. Oh.My.God. These look delicious. Must make.

Posted 9.4.14 Reply
  13. are so delicious, I’m eating them with my eyes ( this is the only thing that I can do now :D )

Posted 9.4.14 Reply
  14. zoemozer wrote:

Nutella is the best

Posted 9.4.14 Reply
  15. Finally found a recipe for a cake that my husband will love ♥ thank you

Posted 9.4.14 Reply
  16. Mel wrote:

Let’s just NOT talk about it and just EAT it. :P
    Yum!

Melania

Posted 9.4.14 Reply
  17. Reblogged this on paleoandeverythingelse and commented:
    For that sweet tooth that ya just can’t shake…

Posted 9.4.14 Reply
  18. Mel wrote:

This looks so tasty! I have to try making it
    ~Mel

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
  19. Looks amazing! Love nutella and can’t wait to try these cupcakes :)

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
  20. Seriously!?! That looks so so so yummy!!

21. rachelle wrote:

Thanks for sharing, I don’t love Nutella but I never say no when it’s offered =)

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
  22. Wow, beautiful shot of the cupcakes. Your picture is distracting me from commenting about your actual post, which by the way I did read! ….YUM! I am so excited to make these for my family and friends. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
    • Thanks! I snapped it with my iPhone right before we tore into them after dinner. ;-)

Posted 9.4.14 Reply
  23. I have to try these

24. kendelseigler wrote:

NOM. I need that right now! Thanks for sharing :)

25. vestitini wrote:

ooooooooooh you are cruel, I’m on a diet!

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
  26. Hmmm looks so yummy! :)

27. jaclynnnc wrote:

These look amazing. Hazelnut +chocolate = LOVE

28. dejavuufsa wrote:

yum

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
  29. I made Nutella frosting cupcakes too, for an event at my boy’s kindergarten, they liked 😋
    Xoxo
    Michelle
    WondersReviews Recently Posted : Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

30. I think I may have to make these. They look amazing :D

31. That looks a great idea

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
  32. looks so good. Most certainty making these soon :)

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
    • Oh man, I may need to stockpile a few jars…

Posted 9.4.14 Reply
  33. I’ve been looking for a delicious treat to bring to work and I think I just found the one! Those look amazing!!!

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
    • I think it will be a hit! My friends loved them!

Posted 9.4.14 Reply
  34. Amy wrote:

yummy

Posted 9.3.14 Reply
  35. They look so good! I’ll have try that recipe!

~Lauren Beth
    alligatorssweetteaandsunshine.wordpress.com

36. That look so good!

@keiralennox

• Farm-fresh blooms in repurposed glass from @happysplacefarm. 💕 #farmersmarket #summerlovin
  • I bought a beautiful loaf of fresh sourdough 🍞 from @honeycombbread and there’s a solid chance I‘ll rip into it on the drive home. #farmersmarket #carbsarelife
  • @shannatrudell and I talk about going to the Saturday morning farmers market at least twice a month and never *actually* do it; until today! 🍑 #farmersmarket #summerlovin #fromwhereistand
  • We love a 5:30pm cocktail date so we can be home on the couch watching ‘Stranger Things’ by 7:00. 👵🏼👴🏻 #turnup #friyay #kindachill
  • Fiddle game strong at @nplus1coffee! Look how happy this lady is in her little spot of sunshine. ☺️☀️ #shoplocal #urbanjungle #crazyplantpeople #fiddleleaffig
  • Regram from @lasaterflowers :: The prettiest pile of ‘Quicksand’ roses from a wedding a few weeks ago. They’re a favorite around here. 💕