Window Dressing

10/02/2014 19 Comments

Window Dressing

10/02/2014 19 Comments

IMG_3583.JPG

We had some downtime at the shop yesterday, so we busied ourselves fall-ifying the place.

{Speaking of fall: in the spirit of the new season, I’m burning a gifted Rafa Natural “harvest” soy candle as I pound out this post; it’s warm, spicy heaven in a jar.}

When all the day’s deliveries were done, my right-hand lady, Shanna, stopped at the local market for some big pretty pumpkins. Armed with an inspiration photo from Anthropologie — where creative merchandising dreams come true — we got to work on the front window display.

Shanna and I spent the afternoon making dozens of simple little garlands by tying dyed oak leaves onto strands of raffia. I hung the garlands from our drop ceiling, knotting them together as I went until they made a web-like curtain.

When that was finished, I spent a couple of hours pretending I was on Project Runway in an “unconventional challenge” (aren’t those your favorite?! mine too). I individually wired silk flowers and sheet moss to our wire mannequin until she had a fabulous (albeit revealing ;)) floral frock. I placed her in front of the curtain of leaves in the window, next to a big vintage metal trough filled with more flowers and pumpkins.

As soon as I figure out how to take a photo of the whole set up without mega-glare on the glass, I’ll share it!

IMG_3585.JPG

IMG_3595.JPG

• supportthebride 10/25/2014 at 10:41 am

Lovely! 💜

• tammyfleming864 10/22/2014 at 12:01 pm

I love the window dressing!

• camilleagrenouille 10/09/2014 at 2:45 pm

Awesome! That’s the exact same way I’ve been seeing things since I was little.
    Saw leaves? That could make the cutest jungle skirt or so…
    And fall colours are so inspiring and inviting that they just instantly give you that creative mood…
    Lovely work!
    I’m also in that new season mood… Except for the fact that in my country, it’s nearly summer.
    Feel free to have a look at my blog:

• Callie 10/08/2014 at 6:27 pm

I love this idea! Definitely going to try it sometime:)

• natella111 10/08/2014 at 10:10 am

Lovely! :)

• lleroux8956 10/06/2014 at 11:11 am

Reblogged this on thediyb and commented:
    Remember that Fall hike I suggested earlier? Heres a great idea: pick up some colorful leaves for your next fall project! Is your wallet feeling slimmer than normal? Picking up some Mother Nature on your nature walk can allow you to decorate your place on a small budget! Thank you Mother Nature for Fall-ifying my poor college apartment! More more Fall inspirations coming soon! This is all for now friends, hope you have a lovely day! xoxo -Lauren

• stylebystefana 10/04/2014 at 9:40 pm

I love Fall inspiration! http://www.stylebystefana.com

• Chic & Defined 10/04/2014 at 10:56 am

I love the dress form with the flowers on it! Fall with a little bit of fashion! Xx

• jodieanna14 10/04/2014 at 4:58 am

This is awesome! The colours are beautiful and I’m so jealous that this is what you get to do, and you get paid for it! The question on everyone’s lips is how do you get into this!? – please tell us!!

butterfliesinballgowns.wordpress.com

• vogueandloafers 10/03/2014 at 12:47 pm

that looks beautiful! can’t wait to do something like this with my place

• Carolina E. 10/03/2014 at 12:44 pm

Beautiful!!

• Cortneybre 10/03/2014 at 9:55 am

Beautiful! Can’t wait to see the entire window display! xx..Cortneybre…

• Amy Fashion Blog 10/03/2014 at 6:30 am

It look great.

• lavidalifeasitcomes 10/02/2014 at 11:35 pm

Introducing fall is always so exciting! It’s always a reminder for me that all the other exciting holidays are right around the corner! Your window looks great! DIY projects are always great to bring in the new season!
    -jen

• tribalmystic2014 10/02/2014 at 10:13 pm

Love it!

• Monica 10/02/2014 at 10:12 pm

Beautiful decorations!

• matchamornings 10/02/2014 at 9:38 pm

Wow, I would love to wake up every day to these types of decorations! Great job.

• manchesterflickchick 10/02/2014 at 9:33 pm

So pretty! It sounds so much fun! How do you get into a career like this? I would spend all of my time and patience on it!

• Pam 10/02/2014 at 8:42 pm