This and That

10/29/2014 17 Comments

This and That

10/29/2014 17 Comments

1. I’ve baked at least five batches of these healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins in the last month. I make a few adjustments to the recipe: swap the brown sugar with unrefined coconut sugar, add a couple tablespoons of ground flax to the dry ingredients, and top them with sliced almonds.

2. Lauren Conrad’s new long bob has me in a tizzy to chop my locks (again). While browsing her stylist’s Instagram, I found this faux blowout tutorial for long hair on thebeautydepartment.com and it’s my new jam. My finger is still hovering over the speed dial for my stylist, though.

3. I recently discovered the EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetics Database (thanks, Whoorl!) and I love their “hazard score” system for beauty and personal care products. I overhauled the majority of my skin care to natural alternatives several years ago, but finding effective “healthy” makeup can be tricky. I’m going to use this resource a lot when shopping for cosmetics from now on.

4. I bought a pair of leather Kork-Ease Lena boots on Hautelook for $85 and I want to wear them erry-day. (C’mon, fall weather!)

5. Halloween is this week, which means cute babies in costumes. This toddler’s Halloween costumes are better than yours.

6. Jim Carrey’s SNL spoof of Matthew McConaughey’s awkward Lincoln commercials made me seriously LOL.

• vothikhanhhoa 11/27/2014 at 10:26 pm

Wonderful flower combination <3

• Marianne 11/15/2014 at 7:28 am

Reblogged this on MODAHOLIC.

• amybareham 11/04/2014 at 11:21 am

I think you just saved my split-end-filled life with that blowout idea. Curl is the best way to disguise my need for a cut…and it looks so easy!

• Katya Komarova 11/02/2014 at 2:26 pm

Love this flowers photo!!!!

• Amanda G. 11/01/2014 at 5:40 pm

Thanks for the great links! Jim Carrey is hilarious.

• alexandraorr2013 10/31/2014 at 7:44 pm

Reblogged this on thelittlebigspot.

• Julia @ South by Northwest 10/31/2014 at 2:02 pm

I’m a sucker for a long bob…and for Lauren Conrad. Her stylist is great!

• jillhpohl 10/30/2014 at 2:50 pm

Thoroughly jealous of your boot score from Hautelook. I’ve never gotten something so substantially discounted. Do you have any posts, or could you write one, about your tips and tricks for getting great deals (before the sell out) on those flash sale sites like Hautelook? When I do find deals, they’re usually for things that are on sale at other stores anyway.

• keiralennox 11/01/2014 at 6:48 pm

I’ll definitely work on a post on this, Jill!

• aosbiss 10/30/2014 at 10:31 am

so helpful and enjoyable to read! i’m just starting out my first blog, and blogs like yours inspired me to give it a shot! it would mean a lot if you could check it out. thank you for taking the time to read this:)
    alexandwonderland.com xoxo

• brionyjm 10/30/2014 at 6:09 am

Oh my god the toddler halloween costumes are super cute!!
    Kinda makes me want a little one just to dress it up haha ;)

B xoxo

• hollygracemarie 10/30/2014 at 12:33 am

loving the links!
    :D
    I am borderline bobbing as well

• anchortales 10/29/2014 at 11:06 pm

Such a fan of Lauren Conrad’s new haircut! I cut my hair to a long bob almost a year ago now and still love it! :)

• CL Mannarino 10/29/2014 at 7:13 pm

:D Jim Carrey is a funny bastard.

• fitwomanforlife 10/29/2014 at 5:54 pm

The pumpkin choc chip muffins caught my eye right away. I have used coconut sugar, coconut flour and many, many kinds of so called alternate flours and sweeteners to make gluten and casein free foods for my son. I highly recommend coconut —–pretty much anything—-for it’s wonderful flavor and texture. Thank you for the recipe link….must try it!

• keiralennox 10/29/2014 at 6:33 pm

I have some coconut flour in the cupboard and I thought about using it in place of the oat flour in this recipe. I may have to on the next batch. Let me know if you try it out!

• Amy Fashion Blog 10/29/2014 at 5:37 pm

I’m loving Lauren Conrad’s new haircut.