1. I’ve baked at least five batches of these healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins in the last month. I make a few adjustments to the recipe: swap the brown sugar with unrefined coconut sugar, add a couple tablespoons of ground flax to the dry ingredients, and top them with sliced almonds.
2. Lauren Conrad’s new long bob has me in a tizzy to chop my locks (again). While browsing her stylist’s Instagram, I found this faux blowout tutorial for long hair on thebeautydepartment.com and it’s my new jam. My finger is still hovering over the speed dial for my stylist, though.
3. I recently discovered the EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetics Database (thanks, Whoorl!) and I love their “hazard score” system for beauty and personal care products. I overhauled the majority of my skin care to natural alternatives several years ago, but finding effective “healthy” makeup can be tricky. I’m going to use this resource a lot when shopping for cosmetics from now on.
5. Halloween is this week, which means cute babies in costumes. This toddler’s Halloween costumes are better than yours.
6. Jim Carrey’s SNL spoof of Matthew McConaughey’s awkward Lincoln commercials made me seriously LOL.