Taking Stock | 10

12/31/2014 25 Comments

Taking Stock | 10

12/31/2014 25 Comments

Making : goals for 2015. Not to be confused with resolutions; we all know I’m not giving up sugar and trashy reality TV, or hitting the gym err-day.
Cooking : lots of takeout?
Drinking : Moscow Mules in the copper mugs I bought myself my husband for Christmas. Recipe: Tito’s vodka + ginger beer (spring for the good stuff) + fresh lime + ice.
Reading : Cathedral of the Wild by Boyd Varty; a birthday gift from a dear friend that I’m just diving into.
Wanting : these Juicy Couture velour joggers in every color, please and thanks. (Sidebar: it’s College Keira’s dream come true that Juicy is available at Kohl’s for a third of the price it was in 2004.)
Playing : Songza’s “Best of 2014” playlist.
Wishing : for a couple more weeks of holiday cheer. The season goes by so quickly while we’re in the thick of it at the shop. When things finally wind down and we’re ready enjoy the holidays, they’re over! Hashtag retail life.
Enjoying : Teni Panosian’s YouTube channel. I’ve picked up several everyday tricks from her beauty tutorials.
Wasting: so many hours watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix. Zero regrets.
Waiting : until well after the new year to take down our Christmas tree (see: wishing.)
Liking : a luminizing tinted moisturizer with SPF mixed with a pump of Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation for glowy, skin-perfecting coverage that lasts all day.
Loving : Oscar Blandhi ‘Pronto’ Texture & Volume Spray. I spray it into my dry hair after adding easy waves with my 1″ curling iron for some serious oomph and piece-y, tousled texture. It’s like Victoria’s Secret model hair in a can, y’all.
Marvelling : at how quickly 2014 flew by. It was really good to us; here’s hoping 2015 will be, too.
Needing : a few days of absolutely nothing to do besides nap, read, eat snacks, and binge on Netflix.
Smelling : the lingering scent of cedar and pine from all the centerpieces we made at the shop.
Wearing : my new Nixon Time Teller watch (thanks, Santa).
Thinking : I could use a good cleanse after treating sugar like a food group through most of December.
Knowing: Valentine’s Day, or the florist Olympics, is right around the corner. [Insert deep, meditative breaths.] Opening : holiday cards from sweet friends. One day I’m going to get my stuff together and send Christmas cards like a grown-up; until then, we LOVE receiving them!
Giggling : at Sophie rolling down a hill. That English bulldog puppy knows how to live.
Feeling : merry & bright.

Happy New Years Eve, friends! Cheers to a lovely 2015!!

{Inspired by Sydney, who was inspired by Pip.}

• Holly 04/18/2015 at 7:23 pm

The juicy couture’s are over 50% off right now! Just in case you didn’t already get them all ;)
    xo

• […] Articles: #OOTD: The Softest Sweater, Taking Stock, My Grown-Lady Shopping […]

• […] focused on, and what’s currently striking my fancy. This little series is inspired by Keira, who was inspired by Sydney, who was inspired inspired by […]

• blvck 02/10/2015 at 9:06 am

Thank you for some other informative web site. Where else
    could I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach?
    I’ve a mission that I am just now working on, and I’ve
    been at the glance out for such information.

• […] – “Taking Stock” inspired by Keira, who was inspired by Sydney, who was inspired inspired by […]

• Molly 01/06/2015 at 9:04 pm

Thank you for helping me stay realistic while so many people are “Resolutions…” all the sudden people expect you to do a 180 and automatically stop eating things that “aren’t helping the fight to healthiness” and other things that take time to correct or change. I appreciate the honesty and the down to earth perspective that you write with! Happy New Year!

• mrslifelessons 01/03/2015 at 6:49 pm

Love your shoes!

• addictedtoirresistible 01/02/2015 at 1:07 am

Happy New Year Everyone! I absolutely LOVED this post! <3 Every year i make a huge thing about sticking to resolutions. I loved the way that this was put together. Fun read!

• Adorngirl 01/01/2015 at 5:37 pm

Happy new year! I am all for having goals and skipping resolutions that we all put pressure on ourselves for.

• salomematsaberidze 01/01/2015 at 11:02 am

happy new year dear , I wish you all the best in 2015
    check out my blog

• alifemoment 01/01/2015 at 7:02 am

I really like your idea, nice post and happy New Year 😊

Best wishes,
    Alice

• Linda H 01/01/2015 at 6:43 am

What a lovely way to reflect on what you are thinking and doing during this limbo between 2014 and 2015. I bet this would be wonderful to look back on when next year comes around too. :) Happy New Year!

The Little World of Linda | http://www.applemeeko.wordpress.com

• pinkrunningkicks 12/31/2014 at 11:06 pm

Okay, so I will revisit Gilmore Girls again and try to watch it. I’m currently loving Gossip Girl. Loved your blog. Happy New Year!

• Sarah 12/31/2014 at 8:13 pm

I loved, loved, loved Cathedral of the Wild! It was the best book I read in 2014. I hope to travel to Londolozi one day, but in the meantime, I follow them of FB and read the blog. I really hope you enjoy it as well! Happy New Year!

• Reese Speaks 12/31/2014 at 7:14 pm

This is a great list for the end of 2014! Happy 2015 to you, too!

I LOVE Gilmore Girls! Such a great series! It is sad that Edward Herrmann has just past away today! He was such a great part of this show.

• tanyamichellehotchkiss 12/31/2014 at 5:49 pm

Love this idea! Happy New Year!

• With Love... Andrea 12/31/2014 at 5:30 pm

So fun love this post!!
    Thanks for sharing

xox
    Andrea

• Carolina E. 12/31/2014 at 4:01 pm

Happy New Year!!!

• Christie Wang 12/31/2014 at 2:41 pm

Happy New Year! Love this idea!

• revelationmuzic 12/31/2014 at 1:04 pm

Love it
    Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

• manchesterflickchick 12/31/2014 at 11:39 am

Happy nearly new year! Sophie the puppy is sooo darling! I love velour tracky bottoms as they don’t get big knees in them after a day and they are so comfy and warm. Had my eye on some that had ‘juicy’ across the arse but decided against it lol At least you have almost a month before v day madness ensues.

• wanderandbloom 12/31/2014 at 11:01 am

Happy New Year!

• nyrmirez 12/31/2014 at 10:08 am

Happy New Years!

• whazzupwasabi 12/31/2014 at 9:33 am

Happy New Years!

• Meg Maldonado 12/31/2014 at 9:10 am

Love this idea! And I’m in agreeance on quite a few of those things. Particularly sugar having been a food group 😁 haha