This and That

A Pretty Penny Bourbon and Boweties Collection

Where’s the line between collecting and hoarding? It’s getting real blurry over here with the Bourbon & Boweties bangles. I love the story behind the brand: the creator, Carley, started her jewelry business with $500 worth of beads and stones from NYC, and now her designs are sold in nearly 3,000 retailers around the country.

When I started blogging back in 2010, I loved spending Saturday afternoons hunting down designer and vintage treasures in thrift stores. I don’t have time for it these days since most of my weekends are spent in the flower shop, but if you’re new to the thrill of thrift shopping, Verily posted some great tips to ‘Master the Art of Thrifting Like a Style Blogger.

I’m living in the American Eagle hi-rise jeggings I bought on sale last month, and seriously considering getting a second pair in every color. I especially love the black; they make everyday outfits feel more polished.

The little number on the tags of our jeans can be such a point of frustration (and confidence annihilation) for women. Associate fashion editor at Bustle.com, Marie Southard Ospina, tried on 10 pairs of jeans from different brands in the same size to show it’s really just a number; and a pretty useless one at that. She says, “Our obsession with being the ‘right’ size is nonsensical. To try to define a ‘size’ is equatable to trying to define a ‘color.'”

Go subscribe to Peter Hollen’s YouTube channel. He does incredible — I’m not using that adjective lightly; it’s mind-blowing — a cappella music videos. His cover of ‘Hallelujah‘ showed up on my Facebook newsfeed around Christmas, and I was hooked. The ‘Epic Disney Medley‘ is my favorite!

If you’re spending all your free time watching the old seasons of Gilmore Girls on Netflix (um, who isn’t?) you’ll love Paper World. The miniature paper replicas of Stars Hollow are amazing.

Looking for some recommendations for your next trip to the bookstore? Check out the Sits Girls’ list of ‘12 Good Books You Must Read in 2015.

1. martttt wrote:

hello! visit my blog!

Posted 3.8.15 Reply
  2. that amazing chain on your hand!

http://www.thetwofurries.com – An eccentric adventure into fashion and lifestyle

Posted 2.25.15 Reply
  3. TresTati wrote:

beautiful bracelets vintage!

Posted 2.24.15 Reply
  4. hannahfay wrote:

These bracelets! <3

Posted 2.19.15 Reply
  5. American Eagle Jeggings what is the fit like? Sizing pretty accurate?

Posted 2.8.15 Reply
  6. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

Posted 2.8.15 Reply
  7. great bracelets i want them too ;)

Posted 2.7.15 Reply
  8. I love your blog! It’s so inspiring and especially this one is so lovely!

Posted 2.5.15 Reply
  9. Reblogged this on Bag Lady Boutique.

Posted 2.1.15 Reply
  10. Ruthy wrote:

I love your website ^_^ It has inspired me so much throughout my years of blogging. I started a This and That section yesterday and would love for you to check it out! Take care =*

Posted 1.28.15 Reply
  11. So gorgeous! Love the gold one! <3

Posted 1.27.15 Reply
  12. The bracelets are beautiful! I love them!

Posted 1.26.15 Reply
  13. madeleineb wrote:

Beautiful!

Posted 1.26.15 Reply
  14. Love reading your thoughts as usual. Thanks for the link to the Good Books to Read, I’m always interested to hear what good literature is available these days. XOXO, Sam

Posted 1.26.15 Reply
  15. Style-Lee wrote:

Nice stack of bangles.

Posted 1.24.15 Reply
  16. I have to have some of those bangles now! :) I’m a bracelet girl, too, and I get my fix from Bullfinch and Barbury ( they’re on Etsy). Bangles really *do* become a hoarding obsession, because there’s really nothing to stop you from wearing a whole armful. ;) Thanks for sharing your pretty collection!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  17. they look so cool and unique, love them!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  18. Hey! I love your blog and I wanted to nominate you for the Liebster Award. Thanks for the inspirations! Please check out your nominate via here https://petiteandprettyco.wordpress.com/2015/01/23/liebster-award/

Thanks again!!
    Ev&Cin

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  19. cocofloat wrote:

Love the bracelets!! Though I bet it got heavy pretty fast! :) Have clicked on almost all the links as well, yay! And about the size being a number thing, wow, it was a wake up call. Really. I will keep it in mind next time I feel fat in size 28, thanks for that!! :)

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  20. redriot wrote:

They look stunning all layered up together!

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  21. Linda H wrote:

Oh that rose one is gorgeous but I’m not sure what I could wear it with. I’m a little bit accessory challenged. Haha.

The Little World of Linda | http://www.applemeeko.wordpress.com

Posted 1.23.15 Reply
  22. These are beautiful!

Also, I recently got nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award and was told to nominate my favorite blogs, don’t feel the need to respond to it if you do not want too. Details here: http://annadownsouth.com/2015/01/22/versatile-blogger-award-including-facts-about-the-author/

Posted 1.22.15 Reply
  23. Love those bracelets! So pretty!!

Posted 1.22.15 Reply
  24. Oooh..they are so beautiful!

Posted 1.22.15 Reply
  25. Cole wrote:

I love hearing that Carley’s business came feom such humble beginnings, how inspiring!!

Posted 1.22.15 Reply
  26. Samantha wrote:

These are gorgeous!!

27. I love the bracelets and the success story

28. meganarz wrote:

I love the free style, stream of consciousness you wrote this article in! And also, I want to buy those jeans! Do they run true to size or small?

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
    • They’re pretty straight through the hips, so I ordered up a size. They do stretch a bit as you wear them, though. I’m 5’3″ so I got them in short, and they’re the perfect length for flats.

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
  29. OH MY GOSH! I love those bangels and I think I need some!!!

30. Reblogged this on Eu Vivo a Melhor Idade and commented:
    AMO PEDRAS PRECIOSAS!

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
  31. those bangles are amazing!!!!

ps I nominated you for the sisterhood award! Check it out here!

32. LOVE your bracelets! They are so pretty :) xx

33. WOW! Beautiful :)

34. OMG those bangles 0_o

I need them asap. Great post. I checked out that booklist. will pick up a few reads soon :) thanks

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
    • Let me know which books you read and what you think of them! :) I love a good book recommendation.

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
  35. Those are some pretty arm candy you have there!

36. KatWalkSF wrote:

That arm party is BEYOND!
    -Kat

37. Rachel wrote:

Those bracelets are great! I’ve never heard of that company but will definitely check it out! I also agree about size being a number, once I got over that shopping became so much easier and more enjoyable. I was also not limited to how clothes looked because of that size I thought I wore. Sometimes going up a size makes the clothing look better and I feel better wearing it.

38. rhiannon wrote:

LOVE all the bracelets!

39. Ashley wrote:

I can’t get enough Gilmore Girls and am so happy it’s on Netflix! If you love the show as much as I do you might want to check out the Gilmore Guys podcast, it’s hilarious! Side note,those bracelets are gorgeous!

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
    • I will definitely check out the podcast, thanks for the heads-up!

40. Carriie B. wrote:

Great!

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
  41. love those bracelets!! where did you get yours?! I just might have to get myself one….or two or five

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
    • I get mine from my girlfriend’s boutique, m.marie, but there are lots of boutiques online that sell them! Also, follow Bourbon & Boweties on Facebook for details on retailers and trunk shows in your area.

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
  42. I love the bracelets! Thanks for the reading links. I had a panic attack in Barnes & Noble in the “new arrivals” section because I hadn’t heard of any of them. Finally wandered over to the classics section. I’ll try out some of these!

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
    • Haha, I do the EXACT same thing in the new arrivals section! I love the “Summer Says” section at Books a Million; I’ve found some good things in there (new and classic).

43. Mel wrote:

Beautiful bracelets! Love them

Mel

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
  44. Those bracelets are gorgeous! Every single one of them!

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
  45. What fun bangles! I need to check them out!

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
  46. Oh my god, they are so great! It’s really beautiful to have so much of them.

47. Sara H-B wrote:

Those bracelets look great all stacked up like that, the stones really make each piece unique. American Eagle? really? Hahaha I haven’t thought about that store since high school but now that you mention it, they did always have great deals on pants I got obsessed with (well, in the US anyway, Canada tends to be way more expensive) Great post!

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
    • I know, it’s crazy and I only shop online because I feel ancient when I go in the stores and the kids call me “ma’am” but their jeans are so worth a try!

48. Cortneybre wrote:

Those bracelets are spectacular! I esp love the arrow head! Lovely post! xx…Cortneybre…

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
  49. I want all the bracelets!

Posted 1.21.15 Reply
  50. I love your bracelets!