This and That

This morning I tweezed my eyebrows and put on makeup for the first time in a week. If I could muster the energy to take off my janky chipped nail polish we’d really be getting somewhere; but as my grandmother used to say, ‘one thing at a time, sweet Jesus.’

Livin’ that glamorous holiday retail life.

Also, note to self: You cannot work 60 hours in three days on your feet and not drink any water, you bonehead. The holiday hangover was strong this year, y’all.

As I slowly return to the land of the living after a crazy awesome Mother’s Day at the flower shop — my sixth! — here are a few of my favorite things from around the ol’ Internets this week:

21 Books Every Woman Should Read by 35 – Because the only thing I love more than books is a checklist of books.

While searching for chunky-heeled sandals late last night, I stumbled upon this adorable mini leather messenger bag from Zara that’s less than $30! I impulse-bought that baby in pink.

Cut hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers, but even when I get them fresh from the farm they can wilt in a vase within a couple of days. Here’s an easy way to revive them with boiling water.

George Takai is my new favorite Facebook follow, bumping IFL Science into a close (and still beloved) second place.

Whoorl’s ‘8 Things I Learned About Anxiety‘ reads like you’re talking to a friend. As someone who’s experienced varying levels of anxiety since adolescence, I found her insight and tips to be honest, useful, and spot-on.

1. pinkmae96 wrote:

“8 Things I’ve Learned from Anxiety” was a great article to read! Thanks for sharing!

Posted 5.14.15 Reply
  2. This is brilliant, I go to work most days with the remnants of chipped nail polish and I’m glad I’m not the only one!

Posted 5.13.15 Reply
  3. Inolonger7 wrote:

I’m definitely going to read the list of 21 books every woman should read by 35! Thanks!

Posted 5.13.15 Reply
  4. Reblogged this on paulinegitau220.

Posted 5.13.15 Reply
  5. I love books and read a lot but I’ve never read an anxiety book before. Sounds helpful and like a lovely read so I need to add it to my list. I will probably get to it next year since my gotta read this book list is so long haha.

Posted 5.12.15 Reply
  6. Posted 5.12.15 Reply
  7. Elisabeth wrote:

This is such a sweet post. I love that you shared some things from around the internet that you have been enjoying, that is such a fun idea. I really appreciated that article about anxiety that you shared. I’ve dealt with anxiety for years and I found it to be very helpful, plus it’s really comforting knowing there are lots of other people who have anxiety.

Diary of Elegance

Posted 5.12.15 Reply
  8. Amy wrote:

going to have to check these book out.

Posted 5.12.15 Reply
  9. You poor thing! I had to work this crazy weekend too but I think you take the cake working in a flower shop! Hope the rest of your week is more relaxing!

Posted 5.12.15 Reply
  10. Love this look!

Posted 5.12.15 Reply
  11. I’ve worked a few holiday seasons in retail myself (fine jewlery in a large dept store), I can’t imagine how crazy a flower shop gets! Hang in there girl!

And I love the Zara messenger! Great find!

Posted 5.12.15 Reply
  12. lala land wrote:

Thank you for the hydrangea tips!! Good to know :) xx

Posted 5.12.15 Reply
  13. I’m a little bit late for all the things of the list but I will manage to read everything. It’s the first thing on my checklist. :-) lovely links!

Posted 5.12.15 Reply
  14. I feel ya on the jankity nail polish. Mine is baby blue, too, which I feel like makes it even worse. At least I can blame it on my newborn son, but still doesn’t make me nails, untweezed eyebrows, or unwaxed lip (yup this Italian girl went there) look any better! Good for you on the makeup front! Also, I love the bag! I’m obsessed with that blush pink color lately!

Posted 5.11.15 Reply
  15. Lindsay wrote:

Posted 5.11.15 Reply
  16. Just want to mention that I really love your outfit! Bright and classy!

Posted 5.11.15 Reply
  17. byEmily wrote:

Great links, thanks! The “8 Things I Learned…” article is a good read. :)

Posted 5.11.15 Reply
  18. Book checklists are my favorite! I love the ones that show you what books you should read before they get made into movies!

Posted 5.11.15 Reply

@keiralennox

• Our blooming crepe myrtle + pink sunset skies. 💕
She was just a little baby tree when we planted her by our front window 13 summers ago, and now she’s as tall as the roof! #crepemyrtle #ihavethisthingwithpink #acolorstory #summernights
  • To file under Unexpected Wardrobe Staples: a snake print duster; I found this one at @topbuttons last month and put it in my #30x30remix as a wildcard. I wore it for the first time yesterday, and now I’m totally on-board the kimono/duster/light-and-easy-layering-layering-piece train! #ootd #instastyle #whatiwore #shoplocal
  • Hey, girl! 👋🏻 We have a handful of these hand-painted face vases available at @lasaterflowers that are perfect for fresh flowers, succulents, or even a catch-all bowl for keys and hair ties. (We all have one of those somewhere in our home; it may as well be cute. 😉) #floraldesign #shopsmall #summerblooms #flashesofdelight
  • I jumped on board with @kendieveryday’s #30x30remix! For the next month, I’ll mix-and-match 30 pieces from my wardrobe into 30 weekday outfits and share them in weekly roundups on the blog.

My first week of remixed outfits + my thoughts on the challenge are in today’s post at keiralennox.com. 👖
#capsulewardrobe #instastyle #ootd
  • Back to work after a relaxing weekend! But with *zero* tan to show for it; I’m never not fully-shaded and SPF’ed, wearing a giant sun hat and some kind of mumu situation on a beach.
☀️😂 👵🏼