This and That

A Pretty Penny Zara Leather Mini Messenger Bag
{ LOVE this leather mini messenger from Zara! }

Summer’s pretty much upon us in Florida, and it’s my favorite time of year. I really enjoyed Hands Free Mama’s post about unplugging to make simple lasting memories with your loved ones during the season.

On a recent trip to TJ Maxx, a pair of palm print cropped chinos got me all introspective about my ‘style journey’ over the last several years. 2012 Keira would’ve bought them without hesitation — they were cute and inexpensive, and all the other bloggers are wearing palm prints for spring/summer — but 30 year old ‘practical’ Keira reasoned that I’d likely only wear them once and the $25 was better off in my wallet. I’m totally growing up, you guys! ;) (See also: My Grown-Lady Shopping Rules.)

Maybe I can indulge in the palm print trend with a cute swimsuit? Like this one-piece from Forever 21.

To all the fellow day planner addicts in the place: I loved my original Day Designer last year, but it was nearing the last month and I wanted something a bit more portable. This time I opted for the ‘Today & To-Do mini planner; she’s like the Day Designer’s little sister with over 300 non-dated daily planning pages, each featuring the signature schedule/to-do list combo. I think I may actually prefer it to the original!

Who What Wear says every girl in NYC is wearing this Zara crop top and high-waisted cropped pant combo. I wish they made it in every color; it just looks so chic and easy!

Ingrid Nilsen has some easy ideas for staying cool this summer with a few easy drink recipes. I need to get my hands on a giant ice cube try, STAT.

1. juliem wrote:

LOVE the purse!! XO

Posted 6.3.15 Reply
  2. Absolutely love that bag! Gorgeous colour.

Posted 6.2.15 Reply
  3. plz check out my blog ps i luv the bag

Posted 6.2.15 Reply
  4. Ciara wrote:

In love with that bag!

Posted 6.2.15 Reply
  5. That is such a gorgeous bag! I love your writing!

Posted 5.31.15 Reply
  6. Pleased to meet you Keira. You are welcome to visit my blog when you get the chance to. :)

Posted 5.30.15 Reply
  7. I really like your blog! And your style is absolutely gorgeous! So happy I found your blog :)
    It would be awesome if you visited my fashion blog and gave me some advice and recommendations :) Thanks in advance :) http://theradiantcherie.com/

Posted 5.30.15 Reply
  8. Reblogged this on mrbrandonstoneonline.

Posted 5.28.15 Reply
  9. hey i just started my own blog plz check it out
    alanacfashion.wordpress.com

Posted 5.28.15 Reply
  10. your blog is amazing… please check my blog as well https://fashionaholicdiaries.wordpress.com/

Posted 5.28.15 Reply
  11. I TOTALLY ADORE THAT BAG AND WOULD LOVE TO ROCK A CROP SOME DAY :-)

Posted 5.28.15 Reply
  12. I loved Ingrid’s vid as well! Definitely need some of those drinks in my life. If you whip one up, give me a sip? ;) Loved this post!

Posted 5.27.15 Reply
    • That maple bourbon iced tea?! I need to make some this weekend!

Posted 6.6.15 Reply
  13. Ianne wrote:
    Posted 5.27.15 Reply
  14. having a giveaway so check out my blog

Posted 5.27.15 Reply
  15. Craving that Zara outfit, too!

Posted 5.27.15 Reply
  16. Love the color of that bag! And I got a giant ice cube tray for my father-in-law last year and it is awesome…totally extends the ice cube’s lifespan and keeps your drinks from getting watered down!

Posted 5.27.15 Reply
    • Do you mind sharing where you found it?

Posted 6.6.15 Reply
      • Keira, I found it at Total Wine & More! I think it was only about $10, too!

Posted 6.7.15 Reply
  17. That purse!!!!😍😍😍😍

Posted 5.27.15 Reply
  18. I would love for you too check out my new video! https://girlxinxthexforest.wordpress.com

Posted 5.27.15 Reply
  19. Nice post ;)

Posted 5.27.15 Reply
  20. That bag…I’m seriously in love!

21. breonette wrote:

Oh my goodness, that bag is adorable. I bet you get a lot of compliments on it.

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  22. Yeah, nice bag indeed !

23. Lauren Nakagawa wrote:

Zara’s doing their thang with fringe these days, nice ;)

IG @shoes_and_sashimi

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  24. There’s that adorable purse again. I love the reference to your younger self, way to stick to your shopping rules. I gave in to the palm print trend and bought an Old Navy palm print cover-up yesterday on mega sale.

25. Amanda B. wrote:

I just got back from Florida! I was in heaven :) Love the bag, girl!

26. Cute bag!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  27. Last time I pulled off a crop top I was 7, but I love the trend…motivation to get fit? :)

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
    • What I love about the combo from Zara is the pants are high enough that you don’t see any skin. :) Crop tops as a general rule terrify me. Ha!

28. Carolina E. wrote:

Love your bag!!!

Posted 5.26.15 Reply
  29. That bag is so cute!!

30. have a great week.

31. Sounds nice lovely. 😊

32. meganhurst wrote:

I love that hand bag! Such a lovely colour :)