100 Years of American Fashion in 90 Seconds

I love this video of 100 Years of American fashion in under 2 minutes!

My favorites are the 20s, 30s, and 70s. Things got weird in the 80s, and then just cringe-worthy in the early aughts. Raise your hand if you had a closet full of polyester lingerie camis and coordinating shrugs. [Head down, hand up.]

1. Reblogged this on Miss Chick.

Posted 7.18.15 Reply
  2. I love these!!!

Posted 7.13.15 Reply
  3. Reblogged this on Un blog de fille pour les filles and commented:
    Une vidéo que j’ai adoré et que je souhaites partager. On y découvre 1 siècle de mode en moins de trois minutes.

Posted 7.3.15 Reply
  4. Love this video so well done and funny too. Remember so many! Will share on my face book page. It’s fab.
    Thank you.

Posted 6.23.15 Reply
  5. ladibekky wrote:

Reblogged this on queenofpeace2015.

Posted 6.23.15 Reply
  6. Reblogged this on Self Image by Courtney Sadler.

Posted 6.13.15 Reply
  7. Reblogged this on Changing Your Clothes and commented:
    Talk about Changing Your Clothes! It’s interesting that all these looks are from the middle of each decade– I find the biggest fashion changes tend to happen near the ends.

Posted 6.9.15 Reply
  8. Reblogged this on Rebecca Anne.

Posted 6.8.15 Reply
  9. Reblogged this on MennessLife.

Posted 6.8.15 Reply
  10. Erin E. wrote:

I love the 40s and 50s outfits the best! I think that’s half of the reason why I love Alfred Hitchcock movies so much; the ladies are always fabulously styled. And of course, the 2015 outfit made my heart go pitter-patter too :)

Posted 6.7.15 Reply
  11. Reblogged this on TIME & LUXURY.

Posted 6.7.15 Reply
  12. amybmoreno wrote:

I liked the 1945 outfit best – thanks for sharing!

Posted 6.7.15 Reply
  13. Abigail wrote:

So awesome!!

Posted 6.7.15 Reply
  14. Diana wrote:

Reblogged this on Dandi Creations and commented:
    I absolutely LOVE this!!!

Posted 6.7.15 Reply
  15. LizB wrote:

Reblogged this on Rainy Mondays and commented:
    Take me to 1945 please!!

Posted 6.6.15 Reply
  16. roxellamay wrote:

I loved 1955! The 80’s were cool too. And come 2000’s the age of pants?
    Loved the video though.

Posted 6.6.15 Reply
  17. Reblogged this on Nadiatamaralee and commented:
    I love this article on 100 years of American Fashion written by A Pretty Penny. So interesting to see the transformation of fashion and beauty.

Posted 6.5.15 Reply
  18. Alice wrote:

Love this!

Posted 6.5.15 Reply
  19. Hi , you can share my blog? if so required ! wwwgirlofgalaxies.wordpress.com

Posted 6.5.15 Reply
  20. Reblogged this on Ashlyn Peterson and commented:
    A fun video from for the weekend! My favourites are the 20s, 30s, 50, 70s and of course present day.. I’m all about the boyfriend jeans.

Reblogged from A Pretty Penny. Check out her blog!

Posted 6.5.15 Reply
  21. Reblogged this on thenotsosecretconcerns.

Posted 6.5.15 Reply
  22. I love this so much!! Amazing video :)

Posted 6.5.15 Reply
  23. My favorites are 20s , 40s and 90s .

Posted 6.5.15 Reply
  24. Pretty cool video! Although I could have done without 10 views of this person and their bizarro underwear.

Posted 6.5.15 Reply
  25. Diana wrote:

I loved it!!!

26. Tiadore wrote:

Reblogged this on Tiadore Styles and commented:
    The Evolution of Style

27. Tiadore wrote:

it amazing how the evolution of style has changed so much over the years but yet the cycle always returns – with a new spin on it, but yet it always returns.

28. Reblogged this on Sunshine and seersucker and commented:
    I love this video! So many great styles through the years.

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  29. That was so cool! Thank you for sharing!! I think I am partial to 1940 & 1970….so much fun!

30. jennyloeffler wrote:

Love this! Thanks for sharing.

xo
    Jenny

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  31. Reblogged this on ZeusPandora.

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  32. This is amazing! I would say fashion took a serious turn in the 70s.

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  33. So fun! Love all the amazing dresses & suits before the 80’s.

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  34. This is so cool !!!!!

35. Natalie wrote:

Loved this and also found it interesting as the fashion styles were slightly different here in the UK!

36. Amy wrote:

I also enjoy watch these

37. Reblogged this on The Devil Wears Drama and commented:
    100 años de moda en 90 segundos… ¡me encanta! Mis favoritos: los ’30, ’40, ’50 y ’60, aunque los ’10 también me gusta. La moda siempre será más que ropa y maquillaje. Siempre será la expresión y el testimonio del momento por el que atraviesa uno mismo y la sociedad.

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  38. My favorites are the 30s and 60s! The video is really nice! ;)

39. shizknit wrote:

Reblogged this on Sylvia's Life and Style and commented:
    Love this!

40. katina bobina wrote:

I love these kind of videos. Thanks for sharing!

41. Abby wrote:

im so glad you shared this! I love these kind of videos! X

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  42. Reblogged this on sororitygirlinagradschoolworld.

43. luxerae wrote:

I am obsessed with this type of videos! It’s always so interesting to see trends come and go!

44. Margaret wrote:

Love the vedio. Thanks for sharing it

45. Dāsha wrote:

I love these videos; watched them all last week. I especially like the one with the simulated aging couple. Great post.

@windycitywardrobe

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  46. My favorite is the 1945 style. Its the only well working one, i think :)

@keiralennox

• The only thing that would’ve made this @bonappetitmag ‘white pesto pasta’ better is if @lallimusic was in my kitchen when I made it. (I re-watched her video as I prepped, which was the next best thing.) Guys, I cannot overstate the seriousness of my obsession with the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel. Most of my bookmarks on my phone are videos of recipes I want to try, and I’m slowly making my way through ‘em; kind of like ‘Julie & Julia’ but with fewer live lobsters and a little less butter.
#pastagram #bonappetit #carbcoma
  • Spotted this pretty blooming bush on our evening walk through the neighborhood.
Doak got a little *too* close to the smell the flowers. 🤣
  • In today’s edition of #sundaybaking, I took on @bonappetitmag’s ‘best chocolate chip cookies’. I watched the video first — if you’re not following the @bonappetitmag YouTube channel, get on it! — then used the recipe from BA’s website to guide me through it.
Crispy edges + a chewy center + brown butter + giant chunks of 70% dark chocolate = a pretty perfect cookie. 🍪
@moroccochris - I salute you.
#chocolatechipcookies #bonappetit
  • Clearance vase jackpot at @pier1 this weekend. There are so many great colors and textures in all shapes and sizes from $10-30 with an extra 25% off. ⁣
This was the ultimate test of self-control for me...⁣
I bought 5.
  • Saturday errand style f/ two #styleonabudget favorites from last summer that are still going strong: this gingham ruffle cami I found on a clearance rack at @target + a rattan circle bag I bought for around $25 on @amazon.
I’m killing the cost-per-wear game with these two. 😏 #whatiwore #ootd #summerstyle #stylefiles
  • 🍑