Faircloth Supply For Nepal

07/06/2015 14 Comments

Faircloth Supply For Nepal

07/06/2015 14 Comments

A Pretty Penny Faircloth Supply Nepal Earthquake Tee

Faircloth Supply is a charitable clothing line created by Phoebe Dahl (who happens to be the granddaughter of my favorite childhood author, Roald Dahl*). The line specializes in effortless basics with a focus on linen and heritage textiles. For each item sold, Faircloth Supply donates one school uniform to a girl in Nepal.

‘For a young girl in Nepal, the benefits of education are for more than just academic. Girls who receive education are less vulnerable to HIV infection, human trafficking and other forms of social & economic exploitation. They’re more likely to marry later & raise children who will attend school themselves, and go on to contribute positively to their family’s economic well-being.’ (fairclothsupply.com)

On April 25, shortly after the Faircloth team returned from a trip to visit schools and distribute uniforms, a devastating 7.8-magnitude earthquake struck Nepal near Kathmandu, also affecting nearby parts of India. A few days later another earthquake struck again, leaving Nepal in total devastation.

These earthquakes destroyed entire communities, leaving hundreds of thousands of Nepalese people homeless. The nightmare continues with the arrival of monsoon season and the threat of landslides.

Faircloth Supply will donate 100% of proceeds of this Nepal Earthquake Relief Tee to help these communities. I happily ordered one for myself!

Sidebar: If you somehow missed the treasure that is Roald Dahl’s writing in your youth, his stories are just as lovely to read as an adult! They’re all wonderful, but Matilda and The Witches are my favorite; I still go back to my childhood copies to re-read them every few years.

• itssosammy 07/13/2015 at 9:20 am

Love your glasses

• Erin E. 07/10/2015 at 3:38 pm

OMG ROALD DAHL sqeeeeeeeee!!!!! Sadly, I’m not quite as enthusiastic about Phoebe’s clothes as I am his writing (I’m sure they would work wonderfully in someone else’s wardrobe, but “pageboy” doesn’t work on my body or with my lifestyle). However, I always appreciate when companies have an altruistic side. Cheers to making the world a better place!

• Swarabarna 07/10/2015 at 7:03 am

I am a shopaholic and often guilty for spending too much. But these charitable lines of clothing might make the guilt a little lesser! Love the way you carry the outfit. Love from India :)

• TheTasteTracker 07/08/2015 at 5:19 pm

Wow, a clothing line for a good cause–go Phoebe. xx

-Mikayla

• alexandriakrsytine 07/07/2015 at 5:53 pm

Your shirt is adorable!!

• Amy 07/07/2015 at 1:14 pm

sounds like a great company

• Pretty Petite Blog 07/07/2015 at 11:43 am

It’s great when fashion works to help! this is a great cause, thanks for sharing <3 <3
    Xo Pauline

• rohinishukla1702 07/07/2015 at 6:05 am

love your blog check mine too :) https://fashionaholicdiaries.wordpress.com/

• aria love 07/07/2015 at 2:18 am

Me, as a citizen of Nepal can tell you how worthwhile the charity is!!
    kudos to you for promoting it!!

• Lauren Nakagawa 07/06/2015 at 11:18 pm

Awesome, I applaud this whole heartedly 😊

Ig: @shoes_and_sashimi

• You are the One 07/06/2015 at 8:46 pm

Reblogged this on You are the One and commented:
    What a fabulous initiaitve.

• Nelly Kitty 07/06/2015 at 7:45 pm

I love those shades !
    Nice outfit !

• Amber • Carolinian Explorer 07/06/2015 at 6:13 pm

Awesome charity and cause to support! Thanks for sharing :)

• lacedincyn 07/06/2015 at 5:42 pm

i JUST saw this shirt. cuteee. :) i think you would like my blog http://www.lacedincyn.com . check it out & if you like it follow back?! thank you! <3