#OOTD: Little Silk Dress

08/17/2015 25 Comments

#OOTD: Little Silk Dress

08/17/2015 25 Comments

A Pretty Penny, J.Crew Factory Silk Dress, Kenneth Cole Dover Drawstring Leather Bag, Style Basics, Wood Watch

I got this silk dress for a steal from J.Crew Factory during a sale last month. It’s sold out online, but Off 5th has a cute striped style that’s really similar. Why is it so tricky to find cute dresses in natural textiles? A day in this breezy breathable dress reminds me to pay attention to fabric and construction, and to look for more basic silk dresses to add to my wardrobe.

A Pretty Penny, Butter London Lippy Liquid Lipstick, Butter London Jaffa, Cole Haan Sunglasses, Summer Accessories
{ Cole Haan Sunglasses, Target Hat & Butter London LIPPY Liquid Lipstick in Jaffa }

I love Butter London’s ‘LIPPY’ long wearing liquid lipsticks. They’re super pigmented, packed with moisturizing shea butter and vitamin E, and paraben and phthalate free. I’m wearing ‘jaffa’ in this post, and Ulta’s ‘Take Me To the Tropics‘ set includes full sizes of ‘jaffa’ and three other summery shades for $30.

• Bare Pages 01/13/2016 at 10:55 am

Hi Keira! I LOVE whole contrast you’ve done with the navy dress and red bag!
    xo bare-pages.com

• Vonnie 09/27/2015 at 8:46 pm

Your bob is cute!

• lcetter 08/27/2015 at 8:34 pm

Such a cute dress!

• Lynnette 08/22/2015 at 4:47 am

Loving the new website layout :) Very pretty. This silk dress is super pretty! I can’t wait for summer! We just had 19 degrees weather in Melbourne today, it is really making me feel like spring is just around the corner.

• Veronica @ Wallflowers & Rakes 08/20/2015 at 3:32 pm

I think a version of this dress is back up on the J. Crew Factory site. I just bought it in a dark grey! Thanks for the tip, and cute styling.

• yacquii 08/18/2015 at 6:52 pm

Super cute! I love you hair.

• Carolina E. 08/18/2015 at 1:28 pm

Well I love the outfit ,I just love it all ,you have great taste lady!!!

• Florida Life Minimalist 08/18/2015 at 8:55 am

Love the dress. I recently switched to silk blouses instead of cotton because they are lighter, cooler, hold their color much longer, and don’t shrink or distort in the laundry :)

• ForkInPage 08/18/2015 at 8:10 am

So pretty, I can never pull off a hat like that.

• deefordana 08/18/2015 at 4:23 am

Loved the outfit, and the details! Ur hat and of course the lipstick made the statement of this look!
    Have a beautiful day sweetheart ♥

• diemarieheller 08/18/2015 at 3:59 am

Nice outfit <3

• Art Becomes You 08/18/2015 at 2:23 am

so pretty! i love the red on black hun:)

• Carina 08/18/2015 at 1:55 am

adorable. love the whole look, down to the bike in the background. I’ve been looking for a hat like that. I think I’ll check out the one you got at Target!!!

Thanks for sharing!
    x, Carina
    carinaconfidential.com

• sarahgoold 08/18/2015 at 1:50 am

Love the bag- what a great statement piece to add a pop of colour to your outfit! Plus it looks like it can a lot!

• lanehollaway 08/18/2015 at 12:13 am

Love your sunglasses and bag! Super cute.
    xoxo

• Erin E. 08/17/2015 at 10:48 pm

I wish I were a lipstick girl! I always buy bright shades thinking “this will the the one” but then I go back to chapstick and gloss.

• Bea Cassidy 08/17/2015 at 9:09 pm

Is it legal to look so lovely, Miss Pretty Penny?
    Whether it’s right or wrong, yet another classy post from you, gorgeous girl!
    xx
    Bea

• Katya ♥ 08/17/2015 at 8:37 pm

That bag is amazing! Such a great outfit, it definitely says summer x

• Katie Williams 08/17/2015 at 7:33 pm

Simple but classic outfit. Love it!!

• thedreamergirl1 08/17/2015 at 7:31 pm

hey i like your blog
    check mine out https://thedreamergirl1.wordpress.com

• rhiannon 08/17/2015 at 7:31 pm
  • annchinitiapcar 08/17/2015 at 6:59 pm

I like the Black dress n the match of red h-bag! Love the style!

• Nicki 08/17/2015 at 6:48 pm