#OOTD: Chambray Dress

Chambray Dress, Style Basics, OOTD, Outfit Ideas, Style Blogger

I didn’t mean to leave you with a soup recipe for nearly two weeks.*

I took a break from basically everything but my couch during Labor Day weekend, and when I got back to work on Tuesday it was full steam ahead.

I don’t know if I’ll ever get used to the abrupt season switch from summer to fall. One week, I’m watching Real Housewives on my Macbook to pass a slow afternoon at the flower shop, and then boom! Full calendar. I love it, but it takes a minute to get my bearings and readjust to the new pace. My brain is all, “give me one more month of lazy,” but my September schedule is like, “nerp.”

Speaking of things that are overworked, this chambray shirt dress has been a true blue friend — ha — but after two years of constant wear from the beach to work and everywhere in between, she’s nearing retirement. I like this similar drapey shirt dress from J.Crew, and this dolman sleeve style from Banana Republic.

* If you’d like another awesome crockpot soup recipe, this Slow Cooker Chicken Chili is a Lennox house favorite, and perfect for a cozy game day.

1. knappc16 wrote:

I love this dress! Chambray dresses, and shirts are some of my favorite articles of clothing. I am a new follower so sorry for stalking your blog ;)

Posted 3.23.16 Reply
  2. New follower of your blog! I love denim dresses – they are so effortless and classic ! Beautiful :D

Saira

Posted 9.27.15 Reply
  3. Hey! I’m a new follower and love your blog! Nothing is better than denim on denim especially when it’s done right! Looks so classy and put together:) I cannot wait to try some of those recipes too!!

Houseonvandenberg.wordpress.com

Posted 9.22.15 Reply
  4. “…leave you with a soup recipe…”
    It’s ok… I like soup. :-)

Posted 9.21.15 Reply
  5. Canon ! ❤️

Posted 9.17.15 Reply
  6. Love the outfit!!
    True beauty..
    Love,
    alexandrasdaily.com

Posted 9.16.15 Reply
  7. I adore the colour of your bag, its so eyecatching!
    The dress looks gorgeous on you too!
    x

Posted 9.16.15 Reply
  8. dezaro wrote:

It looks so cute! Almost like a a country look, I like it a lot.

Posted 9.16.15 Reply
  9. Simone wrote:

Such a cute outfit – and the trees in the background make this a perfect picture :)
    Simone

10. perlavalen wrote:

I love the bucket bag it definitely adds a pop of color!

makeemstare.wordpress.com

Posted 9.15.15 Reply
  11. I love the chambray dresses!

Posted 9.15.15 Reply
  12. Gorgeous gorgeous outfit!

Posted 9.15.15 Reply
  13. I do love this dress… but that bag!! Oh my! That’s love at first sight!

14. glad you are feeling better

Posted 9.15.15 Reply
  15. Perfect Look ;) fabulous!

Posted 9.15.15 Reply
  16. very chic look! love the shoes :)
    thesartorialcoquette.com
    Instagram: the_ch1ara

Posted 9.14.15 Reply
  17. so simple and so elegant… love it!!

Posted 9.14.15 Reply
  18. Love the pop of color from you purse!

Posted 9.14.15 Reply
    • Thanks Hallie! I’ve really gotten my money’s worth from this bag this summer. ;)

Posted 9.15.15 Reply
  19. Love this outfit! Where are your shoes from?

Posted 9.14.15 Reply
    • Thank you! They’re Nine West from Hautelook last year. I love Nine West shoes; the quality is always great and they’re usually really comfy.

20. Carolina E. wrote:

First thing I missed your blog,but know that you are a busy lady!!
    Next love your outfit and the bag .

Posted 9.14.15 Reply
    • Your sweet comments always make me smile, Carolina. :)

21. Melisa R wrote:

I love love this outfit! You look gorgeous!

Posted 9.14.15 Reply
    • Thank you, Melisa!

• lilbluu wrote:

I personally love fashion and am I big fan of your outfits! If you would be so kind and check out my blog, it’d be great! I know it’s nothing special yet, but hopefully it’ll get there!