Pumpkin Flax Chocolate Chip Muffins

Healthy Pumpkin Muffins, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Flax Muffins, Easy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Breakfast, Pumpkin

This morning, I dropped my coffee pot on the kitchen floor. It rolled around on its side by my feet, and for a sleepy hopeful second I thought, ‘whew, it survived!’

Then it cracked into two pieces. Happy Monday!

My stockpile of frozen coffee cubes saved the day, along with the healthy pumpkin flax chocolate chip muffins I baked last night.

Pumpkin packs some impressive health benefits. These pumpkin muffins are a frankenstein concoction I adapted from several recipes around the web.

They’re made with oat flour — I make my own by blending old fashioned rolled oats in my Magic Bullet until they’re a flour consistency — and lightly sweetened with brown sugar and semi-sweet mini chocolate chips. They’re packed with fiber, vitamins, and omega-3 (the ‘good’ fat) making them perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast with fruit and coffee.

Pumpkin Flax Chocolate Chip Muffins

• Servings: 9-11 medium muffins
  • Difficulty: easy

Pumpkin Flax Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients:

• 1 14oz can pumpkin puree
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 cup oat flour (or old fashioned oats blended until flour consistency)
  • 1/3 cup ground flax
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 tbs. brown sugar
  • 1 tbs. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tbs. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F) and spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. 2. Mix pumpkin puree and applesauce in a mixing bowl. Add dry ingredients and stir until well combined. 3. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips. 4. Spoon mixture into muffin tin. 4. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

1. onmission wrote:

Nice to find a recipe that’s both delicious and healthy. Thanks!

Posted 10.20.15 Reply
  2. these look delicious, must give them a try!

Posted 10.17.15 Reply
  3. i’m gonna try these yumm’s :+

Posted 10.17.15 Reply
  4. iamj0ann wrote:

I had a brownie from the yoga studio I attend and they used apple sauce and oat flour too AND IT WAS AN AMAZING BROWNIE! <3 I need to try this ASAP.

Posted 10.16.15 Reply
  5. Lauren QS wrote:

Those look awesome and Vegan! Something I will definitely be trying!
    I Love your site! I just followed you, I am new to the blogging world and it would be great if we can support each other! I look forward to seeing your future posts :)

Posted 10.15.15 Reply
  6. These look yummy!

Posted 10.14.15 Reply
  7. This sounds doable! Esp for a college student not wanting to gain the (sophomore) 15. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 10.14.15 Reply
  8. Not only do the muffins sound delicious, but, frozen coffee cubes? Brilliant! I wish I had thought of that sooner!

Posted 10.13.15 Reply
    • I found it on Pinterest years ago and it totally changed my morning game! I brew a big pot of coffee on Sunday and pour it into ice trays for the week.

Posted 10.14.15 Reply
  9. yum!! beautiful blog!! would love for you to check out mine at http://glitterboxblog.wordpress.com every visitor greatly appreciated!! I have recipes!!

Posted 10.13.15 Reply
  10. Carolina E. wrote:

The muffins look so good !!!

Posted 10.13.15 Reply
  11. Yum

Posted 10.13.15 Reply
  12. These sound so yummy! I want to try them soon!
    Saira x
    throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    xx

Posted 10.13.15 Reply
  13. These look amazing, I’m bookmarking this recipe :) Jay x

Posted 10.13.15 Reply
    • If you try them, let me know what you think!

Posted 10.14.15 Reply
  14. dezaro wrote:

Oh wow! This actually looks yummy, something that I’ll have to try

Posted 10.13.15 Reply
  15. This look so good! I can’t wait to try!

Posted 10.13.15 Reply
  16. These look delicious! I wish I had some for work tomorrow morning :(

Amanda

Posted 10.12.15 Reply
    • I like to bake things on Sunday while I’m relaxing at home, then I have a little stockpile for the week. :) I need to try some recipes that I can freeze for later; if I find some good ones I’ll post them!

Posted 10.14.15 Reply
      • Such a smart idea! I will keep a look out for them :)

Posted 10.14.15 Reply
  17. My oh my! These look like heaven

Posted 10.12.15 Reply
  18. at least it didn’t crack into a million little pieces – silver lining for your Monday perhaps? The muffins look good!

Posted 10.12.15 Reply
    • Ha, so true! I always appreciate a “glass half full” outlook. ;)

Posted 10.14.15 Reply
  19. These sound amazing! Going to try them out ASAP!

Posted 10.12.15 Reply
  20. Yum! These sound really tasty!

Posted 10.12.15 Reply
  21. ForkInPage wrote:

Yummers!

Posted 10.12.15 Reply

@keiralennox

• Can’t make a downtown Bartow delivery without popping into @rafanatural’s beautiful shop to restock my coconut bar soap stash; ‘Relaxation’ for me, ‘Sandalwood’ for the husband. 🛁 #shopsmall #shoplocal #rafanatural
  • #mondaymotivation courtesy of this neighborhood truck on our morning walk. 😉
  • Doakie’s got those Friday feels. ☺️💕 #dogsofig #tgif #instagood
  • New motivational reads for my #werk stack, inspired by @larsbookclub. These are my favorite kinds of books to enjoy and then share with friends and my flower shop team. 💕 #bookstagram #larsbookclub #booksofig #goodreads #joyful
  • Busy days are our favorite days. 💕 Kicking our feet up after a long day and feeling so grateful for our special clients who trust us to help them ‘say it with flowers’ for all kinds of occasions. #shoplocal #shopsmall #floristlife
  • Kindness, always. 💕