Latest Beauty Empties

10/29/2015 10 Comments

Latest Beauty Empties

10/29/2015 10 Comments

Keira Lennox Beauty Empties | Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Precious Oil SPF 15

The latest makeup, skin care, and hair products I used to the last drop + mini reviews!

Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Precious Oil SPF 15:

Let me start by saying I don’t make a habit of dropping $80 on face oil. I went into Sephora for deodorant one Friday night after a crazy week at the flower shop, and the lights, music and, you know, Sephora magic put me in a ‘treat yo’self’ haze. You know what I’m talking about, it’s like a casino in there!

This Peter Thomas Roth oil was on a new arrivals display, and it smelled like pure garden roses from heaven, so I bought it in a exhaustion-meets-overstimulated stupor. BUT. I love a good beauty oil, and I killed the entire bottle in five weeks. I used it every day on my face, neck, chest and arms. I would’ve bathed in it if I could; it’s perfectly moisturizing, has SPF 15 for sun protection, and smells intoxicating. I haven’t replaced it, but I sure want to.

Kari Gran Essential Serum:

This is an excellent all-natural face oil that smells calming and herbal (think lavender and ylang ylang) and hydrates sensitive skin. A little goes a long way, and the 30ml bottle lasted at least six months with regular use. I’ll definitely replace this serum soon.

I recommend anything from Kari Gran, and if you’re new to the brand, their starter set for $35 is a good introduction. You can read my full review here!

FarmHouse Fresh Sweet Cream Body Milk:

My dry skin needs a daily dose of all-over hydrating lotion, but it’s sensitive to a lot of perfumes and synthetic ingredients. I love that this body milk is paraben and sulfate free, and contains a blend of natural ingredients — some you’d find in your kitchen! — with nourishing oils for velvety soft skin that never feels greasy. The sweet almond and cream fragrance is a lovely base for all your favorite perfumes. I already restocked!

Amore Pacific Cushion Compact:

I did a full review of this skincare-meets-makeup cushion compact over the summer, and it’s one of my favorite beauty buys of 2015. I could easily see myself using this exclusively every day, and I’ll restock it as soon as I finish up some of my tinted moisturizer stash.

VICHY PURETE THERMALE CALMING CLEANSING MICELLAR SOLUTION:

This is an good micellar water cleanser, but I didn’t see much difference between it and the Simple formula, which is half the price. I think I’m on the fence about micellar waters; they do a decent job of removing makeup, but I always feel like I need to rinse my face afterwards (even though you aren’t supposed to) and the product goes so fast!

I think I’ll stick with my jar of organic unrefined coconut oil by the bathroom sink for the nights I feel too lazy to wash my face; it melts off every trace of makeup with help from a warm clean washcloth, and hydrates at the same time.

Mermaid Shampoo:

I bought this online a while ago when Urban Outfitters opened their beauty department. Pros: It smells like all the best parts of summer and is made in the U.S. with natural ingredients. Con: It didn’t do an excellent job of cleaning my hair, since I usually go a few days between shampoos. I used it every now and then, just because it smelled so good, but at $35 a bottle, I don’t think I’ll repurchase.

Keira Lennox Beauty Empties Farmhouse Fresh Sweet Cream Body Milk

• Stephanie Marie 11/04/2015 at 10:28 pm

Thanks for the recommendation of the Peter Thomas Roth oil – sounds amazing! BTW – loved your description of Sephora! It really is like a casino!

• a m y p h a m. 11/03/2015 at 8:08 pm

If I’m ever in a spendy mood, that PTR face oil is definitely on my splurge list. I can’t resist anything rose scented, so I’ll probably have to keep my blinders on the next time I’m at Sephora. My thoughts are right there with you on micellar waters. It takes SO MUCH to remove every last bit of dirt, I always end up double cleansing. Great post! :)

Amy | http://amypham.me

• ArtsyMM 11/01/2015 at 8:59 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean about Micellar formulas. I always have to rinse too. I think it’s just the thought of going to sleep without thoroughly cleansing

• rksabika 11/01/2015 at 9:02 am

Peter Thomas Roth ANYTHING is amazing!

• Carolina E. 10/29/2015 at 8:37 pm

THANKS FOR THIS GREAT INFORMATION , I REALLY LIKE OILS NEVER TRIED THIS ONE ,
    BUT WILL LOOK INTO THAT BRAND.

• C 10/29/2015 at 5:31 pm

All of this sounds amazing! Thanks for posting :)

• jamiegrady27 10/29/2015 at 11:49 am

That body milk sounds amazing- may have to treat myself!

• Musings 10/29/2015 at 11:22 am

I definitely need to invest in coconut oil. I’ve heard so many good things about it the last few months!

• midwestbarbie 10/29/2015 at 11:15 am

I’m a PTR fiend. Just used up their ‘resurfacing kit’ dragon blood infused serums. It makes my skin so smooth. Not excited to repurchase but IT WORKS. I might have to look into that oil, I usually use Josie Maran. If you love rosewater products, I sweat by Chanel’s pink bottle toner. It is so calming and hydrating. I swear by it. I love the simple micellar water as well. However, some youtubers (Shaaanxo and KathleenLights) say BioDerma, a UK brand, is better. Luckily I got a free sample of it from Beautylish so I’m gonna give it a go!

• Amy's Fashion Blog 10/29/2015 at 10:22 am

So going to have to try that serum out.