I’m Still Alive!

Hi, Internet! It’s been a minute.

C recently mentioned that I should update the blog, and I was all, “what’s it been, two, three weeks?” Oh, a month and a half? Mmmkay.

I didn’t intend to go dark for so long. I thought I’d take a little breather from posting while we prepared for the start of a busy retail holiday season and the relocation of our flower shop, but then one week turned to two, and then six, and… well, November 2015 may go down in history as the fastest month of all time.

Let’s catch up!

While I was out, I:

Turned 31. Admittedly, I wasn’t as easy-breezy about this birthday as my 30th — I’m officially ‘in my 30s’ now? — but my family and friends made it extra sweet and special.

Renewed my library card and read some good books.

Watched all seven seasons of 30 Rock on Netflix.

Impulsively decided all our furniture and fixtures would be cuter in the new space with some fresh color, and spent the two weekends before our move painting everything in sight.

Made and delivered dozens of Thanksgiving centerpieces.

Moved our flower shop in four days during the holiday weekend. “We’ll be closed anyway,” I said at the beginning of the month, “it’ll be a piece of cake!” [Insert the wide-eyed emoji right here. Heck, insert three.]

Learned how to successfully remove frosted vinyl and adhesive from plate glass windows.

Squeezed in some quality time with family for the holiday.

Spent a lot of time in Lowe’s.

Celebrated my husband’s birthday. Bless his heart, he spent his work vacation carrying boxes and furniture, organizing contractors, and knocking down walls in the new shop. (I love you, babe!)

Drank a lot of wine.

1. Regine wrote:

Happy Belated Birthday!

Posted 12.29.15 Reply
  2. Sounds like you was busy in your time away from the internet. Taking a break is never a bad idea :)

Posted 12.29.15 Reply
  3. Kelly wrote:

Just stumbled upon your blog and I’m so glad I did! Happy belated birthday, and I look forward to your posts!

– Kelly

Posted 12.23.15 Reply
  4. Jenn Marie wrote:

Hi Keira! I nominated you for the Premio Dardos Award! Merry Christmas! http://firstcomesmrs.com/2015/12/23/premio-dardos-award/

Posted 12.23.15 Reply
  5. Happy you’re back and at it! Keira, happy belated birthday to you! Being “in your thirties” is AWESOME! I love it so much and want to stay here forever. Congratulations on your new storefront. I’m so excited to watch your progression and all of the amazing changes. Taking a break is a good thing. I plan on doing an intentional break in January, when I visit my sister down in the Panhandle. A new niece for me and beaches are the only things I’ll be focusing on. Key phrase: FOCUSING ON. Taking breaks give new focus to aspects of our lives. Looking forward to more posts! XO! Jayme, heart in CO, soul in FL :-)

Posted 12.17.15 Reply
  6. Yay! You’re back. I love life lately kind of posts like this, and what a fun mash up of photos. You managed to squeeze A LOT into that month and a half. I mean, moving the store is impressive and all (haha, like very), but you also managed to watch 7 seasons of a show and read multiple books. That’s crazy! Happy 31st! It’s fun that you and your husband’s birthdays are so close!

Posted 12.15.15 Reply
  7. Carolina wrote:

Missed you ,so glad you are back . Have a Merry Christmas Carolina

Posted 12.14.15 Reply
  8. Angela wrote:

Yahh you’re back! Happy belated birthday! xo

Posted 12.14.15 Reply
  9. Glad you are back! I hope you enjoyed your break- sounds like it was fabulous!

Posted 12.14.15 Reply
  10. Happy belated birthday! Glad to see you back on the Reader again. :)

Posted 12.14.15 Reply
  11. Posted 12.14.15 Reply
  12. Love that watch. What is it ?

Posted 12.14.15 Reply
  13. And P.S. Nice specs lady!! :)

Posted 12.13.15 Reply
  14. Congratulations on so many levels … And oh!! So much prettiness in one post. :) I’m drinking in all the gorgeous colors and life.

Posted 12.13.15 Reply
  15. Happy belated birthday! Good luck in your new work digs. We missed you.

Posted 12.13.15 Reply
  16. Happy birthday to you and your hubby! Just celebrated a childhood friend’s 60th–and she’s youthfully dynamic–you have lost of ‘young time’ left!!! Enjoy!

Posted 12.13.15 Reply
  17. I love these quick life updates to see what other people have been up to! I particularly like your last note (about wine) :P

Happy belated birthday!

Posted 12.13.15 Reply
  18. I watched all the seasons of 30 Rock so fast too!!! I didn’t even realize I was on the last episode until it ended, haha!

Posted 12.13.15 Reply
  19. Suezanne wrote:

You have been missed. So glad your back.

Posted 12.13.15 Reply
  20. Suezanne Westman wrote:

You have been missed. So glad your back.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted 12.13.15 Reply
  21. Happy belated birthday. I completely relate to the idea that the birthdays immediately following a milestone birthday are in some ways more challenging. For one thing, I think we psychologically prepare for the milestones for some time in advance, while the next few just sort of creep up on us. There’s a bit of a right of passage feeling to a new decade, but just racking up the numbers within that decade has all of the ‘aging’ significance with none of the celebration. As your senior by a few years, let me say that my 30’s has been, by far, the best decade yet – and that didn’t really kick into gear until the mids. So enjoy – great times are ahead!
    Lesley http://www.workinglook.com