Taking Stock | 0116

01/27/2016 29 Comments

Taking Stock | 0116

01/27/2016 29 Comments

Making : schedules and to-do lists for Valentine’s week. And some cute crafts to decorate the shop for the holiday.
Drinking : a lot of wine. We added a beer and wine package sales license to the business this year. So it’s research! And quality control! It’s a tough job, but someone’s gotta do it. {wink}
Watching : Project Runway Jr. on cable (I have legit cried watching those babies get eliminated). Bob’s Burgers and Mad Men on Netflix.
Reading : Dear Mr. You by Mary Louise Parker. I don’t have time to sit down and get into a novel right now, so I love that her memoir is organized into letters that are quick reads but so beautifully written.
Playing : a lot of intensely competitive Yahtzee with C.
Enjoying: shopping for unique retail lines to sell in the new shop. (Have or know a cool small business that does gift/home/stationery/spa wholesale? Leave me a comment, please!)
Listening : to the Chillwave Radio station on Pandora.
Wanting : a pair of Madewell High Riser Skinny Skinny Jeans, but hesitating to make the splurge. Any good reviews out there from petite ladies?
Loving : Olivine Atelier’s beautiful perfume oils in Gigi and More Than the Stars. The fragrances are complex and beautiful and last all day.
Waiting : for the end of football season. Sorry, not sorry.
Bookmarking : Terra’s new blog, Love Nothing More. She’s one of my OG style blogging friends from the “good old days,” and I’m so happy she’s back.
Smelling : the “Amber Dunes” Illume candle I swiped from our new retail stock for the house. I’m also in love with the “Chanterelle Moss“.
Wearing : my new clear Warby Parker “Chelsea” frames all the time, and loving them.
Searching : for a feminine leather backpack to schlep all my stuff to work. I’m stuck on the Everlane Petra, but this leopard number from ASOS is on sale for less than $100, and you know I love me some leopard.
Feeling : grateful to be settled in our beautiful new space at the shop, and a little anxious about the next couple of weeks because Valentine’s Day ain’t no joke for florists. (Hug the next one you see; maybe bring her some booze.)

• terra love/nothing/more 07/12/2016 at 9:31 pm

It seems so ridiculous that I am just realizing you posted this. <3<3<3 Thank you so much for supporting me. Again! It's so nice to be back and engaged with some old friends!

• Blue Ducklings 02/02/2016 at 3:44 am

You look so lovely! And that place look so amazing :)

• stylish Party Ideas 02/01/2016 at 4:02 pm

Wholesale handcrafted natural soaps from Skin Candy you can contact them at skincandybathbody@gmail.com

• Silex in the City 01/29/2016 at 3:48 pm

Your shop is coming along so nicely! I always love your taking stock posts. If you need any crochet goodies for the shop (baskets, coffee coozies, etc), I may know a place. ;)

• hopecollishaw 01/29/2016 at 1:32 pm

What is your shop called? And where is it situated?

• hopecollishaw 01/29/2016 at 1:31 pm

Really enjoyed this type of post! :)

• anniecolletti 01/28/2016 at 5:42 pm

I love this post idea! I may have to do something similar :)

• Mom, Miles, and Mishaps 01/28/2016 at 12:51 pm

And you carry Rifle & Co paper, too??? I’m coming!!!

• Mom, Miles, and Mishaps 01/28/2016 at 12:50 pm

Love the Hobby Lobby Letters!! Love the store front! Congrats!!!

• Erin E. 01/28/2016 at 8:51 am

My mom (who lives a few minutes from downtown WH) stopped in your new shop and says it’s beautiful! I think she also wants to steal Doak ;) I’ll be home for a friend’s wedding in a few weeks and I can’t wait see it myself. Wine, stationary, and flowers – sounds like the perfect place to me!

• Keira Lennox 01/28/2016 at 5:37 pm

Aww, this makes me so happy, thank you!! (Everyone wants to steal Doak, but he’s so spoiled rotten I’m sure they’d give him right back. ;))

• Reni´s Odds and Sods 01/28/2016 at 4:09 am

I´m happy I came across your blog! I like!!!

• Closingwinter 01/28/2016 at 3:16 am

Your shop is absolutely the kind of shop I love getting lost in for hours! 😊 x

• Corinne 01/28/2016 at 1:56 am

This is such a great post! your photos are absolutely beautiful! :)

• Kooky Chic 01/27/2016 at 10:37 pm

How utterly perfect it all looks.

• Carolina 01/27/2016 at 9:07 pm

The shop is beautiful and I will be praying that you make millions $$$
    Blessings .

• Suezanne 01/27/2016 at 6:40 pm

Sorry lisa leonard. Should ck before I hit send🙈

• Suezanne 01/27/2016 at 6:38 pm

Sending big hugs and cheers🍷on new location. Looks so fun and beautiful. I bet it’s a fun place to work. Ck out Lisa Lenord. I love her site.

• Keira Lennox 01/28/2016 at 5:38 pm

Thank you for the Lisa Leonard recommendation!

• Suezanne 01/29/2016 at 9:43 pm

I have bought pieces for myself and gifts from Lisa Leonard. All pieces are quality and have a story. If anything, read Lisa’s story it will touch your heart like know other. When I wear one of her pieces or mix them, I hear what a beautiful piece you are wearing. I may never meet Lisa but after reading her blog I feel I know her. So, if Im ever in her area or yours I plan on stopping by. Unitl then keep being you and keep the passion. Hugs

• Classy & Fabulous 01/27/2016 at 6:19 pm

you should look at everlane for their newest line of backpacks!

• Leanne 01/27/2016 at 5:57 pm

What a pretty shop! All of those photos are beautiful, but the fries are really sticking out to me right now hahaha

• Keira Lennox 01/28/2016 at 5:38 pm

Haha! I totally get it. Fries are a beautiful thing.

• Traci 01/27/2016 at 5:39 pm

I love those frames! I desperately need new glasses, and I’ve heard enough people rave about Warby Parker to convince me to check them out.

• Keira Lennox 01/28/2016 at 5:40 pm

These are my first pair, and I’m so impressed with the quality. They come with anti-scratch and anti-glare lenses with 100% UV protection, which I always have to pay extra for when I order glasses from the eye doctor. I’m definitely going to get another pair soon, just trying to decide which style!

• Lora 01/27/2016 at 5:34 pm

I simply adore you… and the shop is gorgeous! Wishing you plenty of sanity during the V-day madness ;)