#OOTD: Striped Sheath Dress

03/15/2016 24 Comments

#OOTD: Striped Sheath Dress

03/15/2016 24 Comments

Casual OOTD: Striped BB Dakota dress with Cuyana Small Carryall Tote. keiralennox.com

I have a love/hate relationship with this BB Dakota striped sheath dress.

Last year, someone photographed me wearing it at an event and posted it to Facebook, and it was, well, unflattering. I screenshot the pic and texted it to my girlfriend with something along the lines of, “I’M GOING TO BURN THIS DRESS!”

(I didn’t.)

On another occasion when I wore it to the flower shop with flats, one of my regulars, who’s in his 80s and always gives it to me straight, told me I may be better off “not wearing that again.”

(Did I listen? Nope.)

Despite the fact that this dress’s boxy shape and horizontal stripes break all The Rules For Hourglass Petite Ladies and may make me look like I housed five personal pizzas, I can’t let it go! It’s so easy and comfy, and sometimes that just trumps everything.

(Style blogging at it’s realest.)

• babsgabriel 04/11/2016 at 10:53 am

I think it looks great on you! PS: I nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award, feel free to answer the questions ;) X Babs

• hannahbaxter98 04/02/2016 at 6:53 pm

It looks great on you

• knappc16 03/23/2016 at 3:20 pm

I totally understand the horizontal stripe box dress problem, haha. I myself have that same relationship with one of mine! but you make it look really good, and those shoes are perfect! I wish I could find good sandals but it’s pretty hard when you wear a size 5 and have feet that look literally like little boxes. haha. :)

Cari

• modamoiselle (@modamoiselle) 03/21/2016 at 8:42 pm

I’d say 50% of my closet is made up of “no-no”s …so long as you’re comfortable and you feel good rocking it, it’s all good ;)

• Carolina 03/17/2016 at 9:17 pm

I think that it looks good on you ,in fact everything that you post looks
    nice.Good taste you truly have!!!

• baublesandknots 03/17/2016 at 12:38 pm

Looks pretty cute to me, but I totally get what you’re saying.

• […] Lennox: OOTD: Ventura Thermal , OOTD Striped Sheath Dress. I’ve been following this blog for a long time and  her outfits are always practical, easy […]

• Rachel 03/17/2016 at 11:17 am

One: you are not alone in keeping clothing pieces like that and two: I think you look cute :)

• angelakostaras 03/16/2016 at 2:17 pm

I love this outfit! So simple but very cute

• oannafashionsimbol 03/16/2016 at 1:44 pm

love this dress <3

• Liz 03/16/2016 at 1:17 pm

That’s so pretty on you! The length is great and your figure is wonderful!

• ForkInPage 03/16/2016 at 8:50 am

First off, you look absolutely marvelous in it. The picture was probably a bad angle and the customer was probably not as trendy as he was in his hay day.. heheh

But when I saw the picture I was just going to ask how you pulled it off so well. I have a dress shaped like that and I look like horrible box troll in it. Comforting to know I’m not the only one who has trouble with this shape.

• curlyheadsanddimples 03/16/2016 at 7:52 am

This my kinda dress…just lovit!!

• Amy's Fashion Blog 03/16/2016 at 5:17 am

you like it and that all that matters.

• girl bout town 03/16/2016 at 12:01 am

Glad you didn’t throw it out! It looks stunning and is a classic staple piece :-)

• Shannon Waisath 03/15/2016 at 11:40 pm

I completely disagree because you look stunning!

midwestmeanderings.wordpress.com

• versatilestylebytracey 03/15/2016 at 11:17 pm

I like this on you. I would add a long necklace to break up the Stripes and add a vertical line, a vest would also do that.

• Suezanne 03/15/2016 at 10:17 pm

Well, I think cameras have bad angles and can make any of us look yuck!! The 80 year old has bad eye sight🙊 Dress looks great. Plus it’s not what you wear its how you wear. Wear it with confidence and you will rock it.

• Mom, Miles, and Mishaps 03/15/2016 at 9:45 pm

I think it looks great on you!! Keep wearing it!

• lexrayn 03/15/2016 at 9:16 pm

You look great in the dress! Don’t let your mind tell ya otherwiseeee!

• Melissa 03/15/2016 at 9:14 pm

The dress looks great, comfy. I see nothing wrong with it.

• Kayla 03/15/2016 at 8:20 pm

I mean….who cares? Wear what makes you happy and sometime easy comfortable clothes = happy.

• AlifyaLifestyle 03/15/2016 at 8:05 pm

I have a similar dress to this! Love it! :)

• lifeaccordingtojamie 03/15/2016 at 8:00 pm

Well in this picture it looks great!