1000th Post + Taking Stock

07/18/2016 10 Comments

1000th Post + Taking Stock

07/18/2016 10 Comments

You guys… This is my thousandth blog post! A ‘taking stock’ post seems perfect for this milestone, yeah?

Making : lots of summer salads filled with all the fresh fruits and veggies.
Drinking : grapefruit vodka sodas with Tito’s and a splash of Florida’s Natural Ruby Red grapefruit juice.
Watching : the old Alfred Hitchcock Presents episodes on Netflix, and planning to start Stranger Things this week. I finished OITNB last month, and y’all, I’m still emotional about it.
Reading : Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert and Wild by Cheryl Strayed.
Enjoying : the slower summer pace and some time off from the flower shop.
Listening : to the ‘Hipster BBQ’ playlist on Pandora.
Loving : weekly golf dates with C and my step-dad. We meet every Saturday morning when I finish my flower deliveries; they play 9 holes and I drive the beverage cart, read, drink iced tea and soak up some sunshine.
Smelling : Zents ‘Ore’ perfume oil. I bought it at the Omni spa on our anniversary trip in May (I love purchasing new scents to commemorate special occasions). It’s a concentrated  coconut-oil based perfume of bay laurel, orris, ylang ylang, clove, and black pepper. I also use the body oil as an everyday moisturizer, and layered together the fresh woodsy fragrance lasts all day.
Wearing : Make Up For Ever Face and Body foundation. This waterproof, ultra-light, water-based gel gives a totally natural satin finish that holds up well through the summer heat and humidity. I top it off with the Pro Finish multi-use powder foundation for a bulletproof base that lasts all day.
Feeling : happy. :)

• Taking Stock | 0817 – Keira Lennox 08/14/2017 at 5:44 pm

[…] been over a year since my last Taking Stock update, so I’m doing a grrreat job of keeping up with this “monthly” series. […]

• CJ 07/23/2016 at 11:46 am

You are enjoying life and that is the thing we all should do is enjoy what God has given us !!

• Silex in the City 07/20/2016 at 10:47 am

Glad you’re feeling happy! I’m going to have to give that playlist a listen!

• baublesandknots 07/19/2016 at 9:51 pm

If you enjoy Wild I would also suggest Tiny Beautiful Things if you haven’t read it already. Cheryl Strayed gives amazing life advice.
    Just read about Stranger Things. Can’t believe I hadn’t heard of this before!
    I love these taking taking stock posts. Congrats on 1000!

• allthingsfrancie 07/18/2016 at 10:23 pm

I love reading these! Thanks for the share

• thattallgirl 07/18/2016 at 9:02 pm

Big Magic is next on my reading list! So glad to see so many others enjoying it.

• Keira Lennox 07/19/2016 at 9:04 am

I’m about a quarter through, but it’s really good so far!

• dragonflyzia 07/18/2016 at 7:32 pm

Big Magic changed my life!! I hope you are enjoying it…..I won’t tell you how many times I listened to this book on CD….

• Keira Lennox 07/19/2016 at 9:03 am

I love listening to Elizabeth Gilbert! I listened to Eat, Pray, Love on repeat. Her voice is so soothing.

I’m just about a quarter through, but I’m really enjoying it!

• pinkrunningkicks 07/18/2016 at 5:48 pm

Love that you’re getting in those fresh fruits and veggies.